Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:53:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UseCoin Scam  (Read 8982 times)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:35:44 PM

A very basic security feature, as every scam dev makes new <bittrex> accounts:

Limit the maximum withdrawal issue for those new accounts to 1 BTC per hour..

This way no scammer can scam for more than 1 btc .. which would make them walk away from bittrex at least.

The Dev here scammed for 20 BTC in a matter of minutes.. Its totally freakin' unbelievable that you (bittrex) allow someone to withdraw more than 20k USD (in btc) in a matter of minutes..

In EVERY security/fraud detection system of the world this transactions would raise like ALL the freakin' red flags of the world...  

What's to stop the dev from making several new accounts a month or more before they plan to run a scam? 

And making 20btc on a sale isn't exactly impossible for regular traders, so blocking them from withdrawing their funds probably wouldn't go over so well.

i'm speaking for NEW accounts..

and if one dude makes 20 accs to scam from .. another fraud detection system should raise red flags .. one IP in multiple accounts... even paypal does that Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
rygarthecoder

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:37:40 PM

Long time lurker here. I must say I'm disgusted by the amount of scams going on lately. I will offer to track down this dev and provide their personal info to whoever wants it. I have been working for years in network security so this will be no problem for me. If you want this dev tracked down, send 1 btc to the address in sig. Also send me a pm with the transaction i.d. so I can confirm. 1 btc per request. By sending the btc you acknowledge you are receiving information from an anonymous third party and this party will not be held liable for any wrongdoings against the person for which the info they are providing. 1 btc per request.
Bittrex-Rami

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:38:27 PM

This way no scammer can scam for more than 1 btc .. which would make them walk away from bittrex at least.

The Dev here scammed for 20 BTC in a matter of minutes.. Its totally freakin' unbelievable that you (bittrex) allow someone to withdraw more than 20k USD (in btc) in a matter of minutes..

In EVERY security/fraud detection system of the world this transactions would raise like ALL the freakin' red flags of the world...  

Trivial to circumvent, and in this particular case completely ineffective.  The account was created 2014-06-04.
Bittrex-Rami

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:39:33 PM

Not entirely Bittrex's fault, but they DO bear some responsibility for ICOs they host.

The need to step up to the plate and put an end to this crap.

We did not host this ICO.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:40:25 PM

and if one dude makes 20 accs to scam from .. another fraud detection system should raise red flags .. one IP in multiple accounts... even paypal does that Smiley

I understood you meant new accounts, I was just wondering how that would necessarily matter, if a dev could just make multiple accounts, or even just one account a month or more earlier.

I do agree there should be an ip block on multiple accounts, or let's say no more than 2-3. There could be valid reasons for needing more than one account, such as a person's email going down, or some weirdness like that. Again, not sure how that would necessarily stop a dev from scamming if all he needed is one account a month or so old.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:41:25 PM

Trivial to circumvent, and in this particular case completely ineffective.  The account was created 2014-06-04.

You'll be reporting and providing information to relevant authorities?

Or do you just plan to skate by completely on this scam, like you do with all the others that involve your site?

SeaSoul (OP)

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:41:42 PM

Some guys cry tonight
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:42:09 PM

The cryptoworld needs a CP team. CryptoPolice. A team of highly skilled people that are trusted and can easily track down scammers. They have to be so good that a scammer would think twice before even trying to rip off others. We need to put up a kind of fund for donations to this team if necessary. Something needs to be done. This is getting out of hand.

I didn't lose much but I would love to get my hands on this guy Smiley He would never ever be able to type again.
meandyouknow:)

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:42:21 PM

Long time lurker here. I must say I'm disgusted by the amount of scams going on lately. I will offer to track down this dev and provide their personal info to whoever wants it. I have been working for years in network security so this will be no problem for me. If you want this dev tracked down, send 1 btc to the address in sig. Also send me a pm with the transaction i.d. so I can confirm. 1 btc per request. By sending the btc you acknowledge you are receiving information from an anonymous third party and this party will not be held liable for any wrongdoings against the person for which the info they are providing. 1 btc per request.

173.34.203.191 Smiley
Bittrex-Rami

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:42:34 PM

I understood you meant new accounts, I was just wondering how that would necessarily matter, if a dev could just make multiple accounts, or even just one account a month or more earlier.

I do agree there should be an ip block on multiple accounts, or let's say no more than 2-3. There could be valid reasons for needing more than one account, such as a person's email going down, or some weirdness like that. Again, not sure how that would necessarily stop a dev from scamming if all he needed is one account a month or so old.

Can't, a good number of our best traders use TOR for various reasons of their own.  If we banned TOR we would have a significant an influential portion of our user base out for blood.
SeaSoul (OP)

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:44:07 PM

The cryptoworld needs a CP team. CryptoPolice. A team of highly skilled people that are trusted and can easily track down scammers. They have to be so good that a scammer would think twice before even trying to rip off others. We need to put up a kind of fund for donations to this team if necessary. Something needs to be done. This is getting out of hand.

I didn't lose much but I would love to get my hands on this guy Smiley He would never ever be able to type again.

CryptoPolice?  :Dlol

The trust to bittrex is lost
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:44:32 PM

Not entirely Bittrex's fault, but they DO bear some responsibility for ICOs they host.

Although you did not host it, if you agreed to destroy coins, you shouldn't have listed it until the coins were actually destroyed. Common sense should have told you that there was a danger to having such a large premine sitting out there... and was there any real harm waiting 24-48 hours before listing the coin? Not like c-cex would eat up all of the trading profits going on. They aren't exactly an exchange juggernaut with tons of volume.
Bitcycle

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:45:01 PM

You'd think Bittrex would at least have the decency to return transaction fees from this coin, so at the very least they aren't profiting from outright scams.

UGETHIT

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:46:42 PM

LOL a scammer posting a scam to find scammers for 1 btc on a scam thread. Send me 1 btc guys and I will tell you who shot Kennedy and where Hoffa is buried.
Bittrex-Rami

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:47:19 PM

Although you did not host it, if you agreed to destroy coins, you shouldn't have listed it until the coins were actually destroyed. Common sense should have told you that there was a danger to having such a large premine sitting out there... and was there any real harm waiting 24-48 hours before listing the coin? Not like c-cex would eat up all of the trading profits going on. They aren't exactly an exchange juggernaut with tons of volume.

Except your time line is all wrong.  We were asked to destroy the pre-mine AFTER the coin was already listed.  No good deed goes unpunished.  In the future we will likely not offer our services in destroying coins so as not to get dragged into these scandals.
meandyouknow:)

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:48:34 PM

ip of shameyou  Smiley 173.34.203.191
UGETHIT

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:48:56 PM

Except your time line is all wrong.  We were asked to destroy the pre-mine AFTER the coin was already listed.  No good deed goes unpunished.  In the future we will likely not offer our services in destroying coins so as not to get dragged into these scandals.

Yes you listed the coin with a huge premine lurking.  People brought this to your attention. You did nothing.  Your totally blameless.  Your a fucking cunt.  Get the fuck out of here rami your not helping your case.
Bitcycle

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:50:07 PM

Except your time line is all wrong.  We were asked to destroy the pre-mine AFTER the coin was already listed.  No good deed goes unpunished.  In the future we will likely not offer our services in destroying coins so as not to get dragged into these scandals.

Poor innocent little Bittrex.  Collecting fees from scams. 

Maybe if you weren't in such a rush to add every little coin without some proper investigation of what you were getting into people wouldn't "drag you into these scandals".

You involve yourself in them when you list the coins.  No one forces you to add them.

poornamelessme

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:51:16 PM

Ah, my mistake then.

I do suggest however if a dev states that a premine will be destroyed -- even if it's not through bittrex -- that the exchange hold off on listing it. The issue isn't that you agreed to destroy the coins. It's that you listed the coin before the premine was destroyed, regardless of who was supposed to destroy it.

Of course if the dev didn't state any premine was to be destroyed until after you listed it, you can't take any blame, as you couldn't have know about it. Again, not sure when it was mentioned or not in the ann thread.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:52:07 PM

ip of shameyou  Smiley 173.34.203.191
Canada... hmmm
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: