Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My bank doesn't know what a bitcoin is.... HELP  (Read 1927 times)
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:33:12 PM

Why did you have to say the money is for bitcoin? You could have said the money is for a secondhand car or a computer. Banks don't want anything to do with bitcoin. By mentioning bitcoin, your sister's account could be suspended for longer.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:45:14 PM

Why did you have to say the money is for bitcoin? You could have said the money is for a secondhand car or a computer. Banks don't want anything to do with bitcoin. By mentioning bitcoin, your sister's account could be suspended for longer.
They would have no real reason for that no? This would be breaking of human rights.
ibrahim11 (OP)

Activity: 777

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:12:10 PM

They would have no real reason for that no? This would be breaking of human rights.

yes, but banks do what they want
ibrahim11 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:13:00 PM

Other people have had bitcoin related incidents with their banks and their accounts haven't been closed.
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:43:48 PM

But i doubt they would do it for 2 bitcoins, maybe few words from OP how he solved it?
Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:51:54 PM

They don't need to know what BTC is, they just need to be assured that your sister really does want to transfer those £600 to someone else.

Precisely! It is her money after all.

Seems nowadays that banks have started intelligence gathering operations akin to the military, and we're all potential terrorists!

I mean... You work hard to get some money, taxed along the way, and then when you come to spend it you get treated like a naughty kid stealing from the cookie jar, things have got to change!

Viva Bitcoin!
ibrahim11 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:05:03 PM

But i doubt they would do it for 2 bitcoins, maybe few words from OP how he solved it?
(I am the original poster, lol)  Grin
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:37:11 AM

It s all about money laundering. I had a similar issue with my bank, they refused to let me transfer money to my Bitstamp account and they requested me to provide some kind of user confirmation document stating what my money is being used for and what is the exact amount I ll be using to buy Bitcoin. In other words, you just need to educate them, provide proof you are buying Bitcoin and not drugs and all should be fine.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:35:08 AM

They don't need to know what BTC is, they just need to be assured that your sister really does want to transfer those £600 to someone else.

This is precisely my point. Don't even bother explaining bitcoin to banks. They will ask more questions and waste more of your time. I would say money is for something else. Have you considered writing a cheque or cash deposit into the seller's account?

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
ibrahim11 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:31:09 PM

This is precisely my point. Don't even bother explaining bitcoin to banks. They will ask more questions and waste more of your time. I would say money is for something else. Have you considered writing a cheque or cash deposit into the seller's account?

Well, they already know it is for bitcoin so my sister/I can't go and tell them something else.
Cortex7

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:00:33 PM

Well, they already know it is for bitcoin so my sister/I can't go and tell them something else.

Actually you can and they will have to record it as such.

Just go in and say your sister has just been looking at a second hand moped and now wants to buy that with the money, she's in love with it. The original bitcoin idea was a way that she was trying to make more money in order to afford another moped, but now she's in love with that moped and it's a good deal that will probably be snatched up quick, she can't wait to get in the saddle!

Of course some time after leaving the bank she will have a change of mind (as women do) and now want bitcoin.
ibrahim11 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:39:05 PM

Actually you can and they will have to record it as such.

Just go in and say your sister has just been looking at a second hand moped and now wants to buy that with the money, she's in love with it. The original bitcoin idea was a way that she was trying to make more money in order to afford another moped, but now she's in love with that moped and it's a good deal that will probably be snatched up quick, she can't wait to get in the saddle!

Of course some time after leaving the bank she will have a change of mind (as women do) and now want bitcoin.
i think that's too complicated. I have to go to her bank with her and show them id (i'm under 18 as well, lol) and show them my stamped bank statement of me sending her over £600.
Cortex7

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:32:14 PM

Then I guess you will just have to go in and show your ID.

But Just make sure you do not feel guilty or "naughty" in anyway. You are a young positive person, just starting out in the exciting world of crypto. stay positive! and be happy and positive with the bank staff.

coininvestor

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:59:00 AM

Buy local and use cash.  Or better yet purchase a miner and mine an alt and then exchange it for another alt.   That way you're not laundering money, whatever that means. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: