Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:38:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: . answered  (Read 939 times)
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:30:01 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 07:41:40 PM by marcotheminer

I have a loan thread open (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=750507.0) and was just wondering something:
Lets say a senior member asks for a 0.05BTC loan, I approve it but say: "if you don't payback before the term ends (+a few days/weeks for leniency) your account will become my property, please agree to this clause if you want the loan". He agrees to this clause and is quoted, screenshotted, recorded simply.
Now, let's say this senior member does not repay (+a few days/weeks/whatever), we are sure he isn't going to pay up (eg a few weeks have passed) could I contact you (badbear) and, after showing sufficient proof, you hand over the account into my possession?

thanks for the replies!
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:33:42 PM

I have a loan thread open (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=750507.0) and was just wondering something:
Lets say a senior member asks for a 0.05BTC loan, I approve it but say: "if you don't payback before the term ends (+a few days/weeks for leniency) your account will become my property, please agree to this clause if you want the loan". He agrees to this clause and is quoted, screenshotted, recorded simply.
Now, let's say this senior member does not repay (+a few days/weeks/whatever), we are sure he isn't going to pay up (eg a few weeks have passed) could I contact you (badbear) and, after showing sufficient proof, you hand over the account into my possession?

absolutely not.  why would you want to drag in admins/mods into your transactions.  what you do is at your own risk, don't drag others into it.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:34:19 PM

absolutely not.  why would you want to drag in afmins/mods into your transactions.  what you do is at your own risk, don't drag others into it.

Alright I see, I understand Smiley thanks for the reply.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:34:35 PM

This type of business is dangerous. You should ask for login details first and once repayment is done you hand over account back to owner.
If loan defaulted you keeping account.

No offence but just because you loaned someone btc dosn't make you different than anyone else and why you should be allowed to take over accounts?

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:36:15 PM

This type of business is dangerous. You should ask for login details first and once repayment is done you hand over account back to owner.

No offence but just because you loaned someone btc dosn't make you different than anyone else and why you should be allowed to take over accounts?

I was saying, IF they had agreed to that clause in the contract. That is also a way to do it. Escrow holds the account. Thanks
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:36:34 PM

absolutely not.  why would you want to drag in afmins/mods into your transactions.  what you do is at your own risk, don't drag others into it.

Alright I see, I understand Smiley thanks for the reply.
well, I'm not badbear, I just chimed in with my opinion.  maybe he has a different take on it. but I hope not. Smiley
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:38:35 PM

I was saying, IF they had agreed to that clause in the contract. That is also a way to do it. Escrow holds the account. Thanks
don't drag admins/mods into this.  no way.  account selling is already frowned upon and discouraged.
and I guarantee scammers will trip over themselves to get a loan from you and say to hell with the account keep it!
but maybe you like collecting accounts...
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:41:05 PM

I understand your reasoning. I will have to be careful with my loaning! Thanks guys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: