Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:28:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Public interest will not drive the next rally  (Read 1789 times)
Ibian (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:00:58 PM

I see people talking about the lack of interest from Joe Public and how that means the Joes of the world will not pump the price. This appears to be true. And This Is Actually Good News™.

It's never the average people who are at the forefront of innovation. The next bubble will be fueled by smart money. Frontrunners. The kind that frontruns other kind of Big Money. This is also why the price hasn't gone up already, they know how to accumulate without raising the price.

After that, the laggardly kind of Big Money will pump us further. And then eventually, with safer and easier ways to store coins available, Joe Average will start buying in - after a lengthy media hype campaign.

Patience. This is still very early days.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:03:55 PM

It's never the average people who are at the forefront of innovation. The next bubble will be fueled by smart money. Frontrunners. The kind that frontruns other kind of Big Money. This is also why the price hasn't gone up already, they know how to accumulate without raising the price.

What? Can't you see the massive contradiction here? First, you're claiming that smart money will fuel the next bubble. Then you go on to claim that smart money are accumulating coins without raising the price?   Roll Eyes

Ibian (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:08:09 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 09:03:59 PM by Ibian

What? Can't you see the massive contradiction here? First, you're claiming that smart money will fuel the next bubble. Then you go on to claim that smart money are accumulating coins without raising the price?   Roll Eyes

As soon as it is profitable to do so, and not necessarily by using their own money. Eventually, as the supply outside exchanges dries up, something will have to give.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:19:39 AM

As soon as it is profitable to do so, and not necessarily by using their own money. Eventually, as the supply outside exchanges dries up, something will have to give.

The next halving of the block reward - that is when supply will really dry up. I am holding my bitcoins till then. Smiley
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:42:23 AM

The next halving of the block reward - that is when supply will really dry up. I am holding my bitcoins till then. Smiley

So, what happened at the previous halving? Did BTC price suddenly go through the roof ...?  Roll Eyes
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:01:02 AM

So, what happened at the previous halving? Did BTC price suddenly go through the roof ...?  Roll Eyes

It was priced in long beforehand.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:07:14 AM

I see people talking about the lack of interest from Joe Public and how that means the Joes of the world will not pump the price. This appears to be true. And This Is Actually Good News™.

After that, the laggardly kind of Big Money will pump us further. And then eventually, with safer and easier ways to store coins available, Joe Average will start buying in - after a lengthy media hype campaign.

I can agree with this!
The average trader buys in the 5th wave, which happens to be right before (relatively speaking) the big crash where they lose their money. The next big hype bubble  (which is actually still in the same large bubble since 2011) will be the top of wave-III so this is absolutely not the average traders yet.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:00:23 AM

I can agree with this!
The average trader buys in the 5th wave, which happens to be right before (relatively speaking) the big crash where they lose their money. The next big hype bubble  (which is actually still in the same large bubble since 2011) will be the top of wave-III so this is absolutely not the average traders yet.

hey could you explain this a little further? I would appreciate it

This has to do with Elliot Wave Theory, so if you want to hear no more, then just ignore it.
You have waves. Then you have subwaves the make up each larger degree wave. The 2011 bubble was wave-I (roman numeral 1). Then there were a couple of rally's through 2012-2013 which were subwaves of the larger degree wave-III. The next higher high (above 1163 Bitstamp) will be the 5th wave completing that larger wave-III. We will then have a bear market that will put this one to shame. I'm talking about a year at a minimum.
In the chart below, I used a monthly bar. You can see that it has been one large bubble with corrections along the way. While we live it, it feels like individual bubbles because of the time that seems like it's not in a bubble, like now.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:05:10 AM

Smart money doesn't get rich by making you and I rich. They will do very little at the beginning of on-exchange buying, and let the hype pull people in to do the real work.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 02:26:30 AM

joe blow will never buy, joe blow just wants to get paid every other week. and he will, becuase joe blow dose a good job.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:30:46 AM

Mr or Mrs Public eventually does what the deepest pockets wish them to do. They just make their favoured option the hardest to resist.

None of the technologies that we've all embraced ever originated from a tidal wave of public desire. It was presented to the masses by some very clever back room folks.

The question is whether enough of those pockets will ever wish to get behind crypto in meaningful way.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:38:34 AM

It did not immediately shoot up, but you can see what happened after that.  Tongue
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:41:53 AM

I can agree with this!

hey could you explain this a little further? I would appreciate it

This has to do with Elliot Wave Theory, so if you want to hear no more, then just ignore it.
You have waves. Then you have subwaves the make up each larger degree wave. The 2011 bubble was wave-I (roman numeral 1). Then there were a couple of rally's through 2012-2013 which were subwaves of the larger degree wave-III. The next higher high (above 1163 Bitstamp) will be the 5th wave completing that larger wave-III. We will then have a bear market that will put this one to shame. I'm talking about a year at a minimum.
In the chart below, I used a monthly bar. You can see that it has been one large bubble with corrections along the way. While we live it, it feels like individual bubbles because of the time that seems like it's not in a bubble, like now.

really interesting stuff thank you for the explanation, i'll have to read up more on elliott wave theory.

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:04:12 AM

there is no way to save bitcoin's final capitulation, bitcoin is not going to anywhere but down!
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:26:17 PM

there is no way to save bitcoin's final capitulation, bitcoin is not going to anywhere but down!

Im making screen captures of your shitty FUD posts to make a collage and post them a year from now, will masturbate using your butthurt tears as lube. Enjoy, I will.

Justine

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:38:51 PM

Smart money doesn't get rich by making you and I rich. They will do very little at the beginning of on-exchange buying, and let the hype pull people in to do the real work.

Yes. And it appeared there are a lot of dumb money are invested in bitcoin now.

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:53:20 PM

All the charts seems to predict a great future for bitcoins but I'm not so sure about it, the downswing seems unstoppable Sad
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:09:17 PM

So, what happened at the previous halving? Did BTC price suddenly go through the roof ...?  Roll Eyes

in fact, yes, it was at $15 when the halving happened, went pretty far from there... of course, not immediately, but demand was surely overwhelming supply during 2013.

i am satoshi
Valerian77

Activity: 437
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:14:16 PM

All the charts seems to predict a great future for bitcoins but I'm not so sure about it, the downswing seems unstoppable Sad

Where do you get the downswing from? Every day new companies rise up and the adoption goes on. Even if the absolute exchange rate would go down the adoption goes on. No need to repeat all that news about Afrika, remittance market, Overstock, Expedia, Bloomberg, Winklevoss ETF and so on ... at some point simply the market demand will be there. Currently China seems to be a driving factor. But that will swap and real mass adoptions starts.

What a nice world where nobody can take the money of somebody else just by force. Where you can buy worldwide with one currency within seconds. Where you do not need a purse to carry a collection of exchange coins around. ....
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:40:57 PM

Yes. And it appeared there are a lot of dumb money are invested in bitcoin now.

You think these forum trolls actually have bitcoins  Roll Eyes

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: