Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:46:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy bit coins.  (Read 1634 times)
austonholleman (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:08:28 AM

I want to buy bit coins but i am under 18 and everything on local bit coins ask for id except for cash meet up and I'm not comfortable doing money order or cash by mail. I have the money on my debit card  any help please?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:56:17 AM

I image almost all places have a clause for 18 and up.  If your under 18 i'm sure there are ways to get bitcoin,  but probley is against most TOS agreements on sites. '

Easiest way legally is get parents help.
Daniel007

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:45:28 AM

Here you will get all the details you are looking for: http://www.coindesk.com/information/how-can-i-buy-bitcoins/

Bitwayup85

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:31:26 AM

You can just buy directly on this forum, just go to currency exchange sections and you can buy It there from trusted exchanger. And even better you could use trusted escrow on this forums so you wont get scammed.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:43:11 AM

If you are in US, buy from coinbase.

If not, buy from bitstamp or use localbitcoin.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:44:18 AM

I want to buy bit coins but i am under 18 and everything on local bit coins ask for id except for cash meet up and I'm not comfortable doing money order or cash by mail. I have the money on my debit card  any help please?

It is good if u please tell us from which country u r ?

CraftingTable

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 10:24:44 AM

Go to an exchange and exchange fiat for BTC.
RCHumphrey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:34:52 PM

It depends on the payment methods you have available. If you have PP you may get lucky and get a buyer on these forums or use a site like Virwox and take the hit.

Frankly local bit coins is your best bet.
Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:41:32 PM

Not sure if you need to be over 18 to use the exchanges, but I believe your parents are willing to help you. Smiley
If you are in US, you can use coinbase. If you are in Europe, you can use Bitstamp.
CraftingTable

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:42:26 PM

Virwox
Play some second life and exchange the SSL for BTC  Grin
Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:03:45 PM

Virwox
Play some second life and exchange the SSL for BTC  Grin

While OP can use Virwox to buy SLL with paypal deposits, and then buy BTC with SLL, the fee is very high on Virwox.

Earning SLL in second life is a lot harder than earning bitcoin directly IMO.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:36:12 PM

Localbitcoins.com for in person trades.  It's strange that the sites want you to be 18 to buy some.   
Actually the best way to get some is to do some work and get paid in them.  Might not be too realistic for you depending on where you live though.
thehappybtc

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:05:56 PM

Yes Localbitcoins can be a nice solution, you can buy bitcoins and send them to your wallet without registering into any exchange.

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
Malok

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:26:08 PM

Localbitcoins.com for in person trades.

This.  And its always good to make new friends.  If you are meeting the person, a lot of times they will help answer some of your questions that you may have, and even share some insights to the ups-and-downs that they experienced when they were first starting out.
seventhgear

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:18:34 PM

If you still have any doubts, go straight to localbitcoin and buy btc meeting people in real life.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:32:04 PM

Localbitcoins.com for in person trades.  It's strange that the sites want you to be 18 to buy some.   
Actually the best way to get some is to do some work and get paid in them.  Might not be too realistic for you depending on where you live though.

I would guess it's done for legal reasons on most.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:44:43 PM

I have sold many BTC to people under 18 through localbitcoins.com in face-to-face in person cash for BTC trades.  They have all been nice kids. 

Just find a seller with a good reputation in your area and meet them at a coffee shop or other public place.  Have a nice chat and meet a fellow bitcoiner!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:40:19 PM

I would guess it's done for legal reasons on most.

Just seems like if safety is a concern, allowing kids to buy them online would be preferable over forcing kids to meetup with strangers.   *Meet in a public place like a coffee shop!
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:57:47 PM

An easiest way to buy bitcoin is you must registered on website that sell bitcoin like bitcoin.co.id
you can buy bitcoin there and deposit your bitcoin in other place like pbmining.com or ceo.ix
hopefully you can get a lot of bitcoin in there ...

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
jjc326

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:03:12 AM

I don't think there is any way to verify the purchaser is over 18 right?  Usually I think it's to cover their butts. Just look up exchanges and deposit money to buy bitcoin. I'd try local bitcoins too I've had success there.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: