Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:11:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin - Will it rise again?  (Read 5539 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 07:24:57 PM

You are right; Darkcoin is only the most successful alternate 2014 scam: This thread summary well what developers and others have done: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754521.0  and this article: http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/08/27/investigation-of-darkcoin/ There are too many issues with this coin to be only a 'novice' developer mistake; All the issues were set on purpose, and added from a fork of the proper, non faulty and well designed 'litecoin' source code.

These pump and dump, and other better structured scam coins, only kill the trust of investors and miners; We may just hope that the trust will be back one day. But anyway the trust will never come back if these scam coins are still around.  'Ejecting' these bad coins is a goal by itself for the sake of alternates.

No. This is wrong. Darksend is not "only a CoinJoin" implementation. It's not like he copied it and put it there.
It's Evans personal CoinJoin implementation. What does this mean exactly? If I modify my OS (win7) you can't oh it's only Windows 7. The anonymity works now, so that point is also wrong.
Moving on in the article it keeps getting worse. Some of these points are not even really related to Darkcoin nor the developer.
Blockchain forks are bad? Unexpected price drops?  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blockjoe

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:06:45 PM

You are right; Darkcoin is only the most successful alternate 2014 scam: This thread summary well what developers and others have done: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754521.0  and this article: http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/08/27/investigation-of-darkcoin/ There are too many issues with this coin to be only a 'novice' developer mistake; All the issues were set on purpose, and added from a fork of the proper, non faulty and well designed 'litecoin' source code.

These pump and dump, and other better structured scam coins, only kill the trust of investors and miners; We may just hope that the trust will be back one day. But anyway the trust will never come back if these scam coins are still around.  'Ejecting' these bad coins is a goal by itself for the sake of alternates.

No. This is wrong. Darksend is not "only a CoinJoin" implementation. It's not like he copied it and put it there.
It's Evans personal CoinJoin implementation. What does this mean exactly? If I modify my OS (win7) you can't oh it's only Windows 7. The anonymity works now, so that point is also wrong.
Moving on in the article it keeps getting worse. Some of these points are not even really related to Darkcoin nor the developer.

I was there the week when the coin was launched, I've checked the code. And that's right, some strange 'bugs' are there. This is quite bizarre for a 2014 coin stated as an innovative one; If you are looking for a 'trusty' 2014 coin; this is definitely not the right one.The facts given in the other thread can be checked, the instamine issue is there and can't be denied. And these issues have consequences. Can we really trust a faulty coin?
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:14:17 PM

I was there the week when the coin was launched, I've checked the code. And that's right, some strange 'bugs' are there. This is quite bizarre for a 2014 coin stated as an innovative one; If you are looking for a 'trusty' 2014 coin; this is definitely not the right one.The facts given in the other thread can be checked, the instamine issue is there and can't be denied. And these issues have consequences. Can we really trust a faulty coin?

8 months on? Yes you can trust it.

Because any "scam" would have been actualised by now. Whereas the devs are hard at work every day. Which they wouldn't need to be if it were a scam.

That cryptobang article is written by a pay per article troll.

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ#Was_Darkcoin_Instamined.3F
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 08:31:35 PM

Exactly how is this relevant information now?
You do realize that Bitcoin had a huge bug in the past as well. This is normal for software.
8 months have passed, the bugs have been fixed. What's your point exactly?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
blockjoe

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:34:11 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 08:52:48 PM by blockjoe

You are right; Darkcoin is only the most successful alternate 2014 scam: This thread summary well what developers and others have done: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=754521.0  and this article: http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/08/27/investigation-of-darkcoin/ There are too many issues with this coin to be only a 'novice' developer mistake; All the issues were set on purpose, and added from a fork of the proper, non faulty and well designed 'litecoin' source code.

Blockchain forks are bad? Unexpected price drops?  Roll Eyes

8 months on? Yes you can trust it.

Because any "scam" would have been actualised by now. Whereas the devs are hard at work every day. Which they wouldn't need to be if it were a scam.

That cryptobang article is written by a pay per article troll.

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ#Was_Darkcoin_Instamined.3F

Do have an idea why most alternates have decreased in value? A lot of investors have lost a lot of money with these 2014 coins. And even the fair and good coins are impacted.

Do you really think that good and honest information is available on the official Darkcoin thread? There are a lot of hype messages without any real value. I'm not a detractor, but when you look closely at what happened at the beginning, the source code, I have not followed the following stage.And what happens now; I recognized that using the word 'scam' like a post before is fair with darkcoin.

Anyway 'darkcoin' doesn't have what bitcoin, and litecoin have, trusty and honest developers who have a higher goal than filling their pockets with hype marketing and software 'tricks'.

Can you really prove that there is no instamine, no strange bugs, and that the cryptocurrency concepts like POW is well implemented without strange pass-through...  Really?

Before investing in any coin some rules: Check everything by yourself; the trust comes later. In the darkcoin case a lot of money is at stake, a lot of people are really doing wishful thinking; But the reality is there.
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:45:40 PM

I have not followed the following stage.And what happens now.

Perhaps you should..

The launch was bad. The coin is good. Otherwise it wouldn't still be going after 8 months.

Anyway 'darkcoin' doesn't have what bitcoin, and litecoin have, trusty and honest developers who have a higher goal than filling their pockets with hype marketing and software 'tricks'.

Actually litecoin and bitcoin don't have what darkcoin has: Fungibility. It's ecash.

*edit and no I don't think it's going to overtake bitcoin or similar madness. but it has it's place. It's certainly more useful than litecoin. Oh look Dark's rising again..

blockjoe

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:53:51 AM

The launch was bad. The coin is good. Otherwise it wouldn't still be going after 8 months.

I think, they have done a good 'marketing' with this coin, but there are too many 'proofs'' and issues with Darkcoin to not handle it very carefully.

Miners and investors are the one that give a coin its value; Not all of them have the knowledge of how a cryptocurrency has to work. Anyway, they have here enough materials to dig a little further, and check by themselves if they can have trust or not.Always check by yourself, or take your chances and we will see...
johnray

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:23:17 AM

This thread gives some insights - After reading all of this, do you consider Darkcoin as trustworthy or doubtful? Anyway the most doubtful coin can be a very interesting short term investment.

When we look at the alternates market now; we have a lot to loose, the prosperity of scams is just a death sentence to alternates.
Crypto_kings

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:17:36 PM

All the alts go down with the BTC price.  What really gives a coin value beyond pure speculation, is utility.  If a coin can be used to actually buy goods and services, this gives it value.  I just noticed Zeus miner accepts payments in Dark now.  that's pretty cool.
Aptidude

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:50:40 PM

BitcoinDark (BTCD)

'nuff said.
kevin08

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:58:02 PM

Is all the dark coin source code fully available? Someone on a trollbox said they were releasing the source a few days ago, but I don't know if what he said was true.
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:08:50 PM

Is all the dark coin source code fully available? Someone on a trollbox said they were releasing the source a few days ago, but I don't know if what he said was true.

2-3 weeks after rc5 testing is complete, (now in progress)

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc5-testing.2245/

kevin08

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:26:32 PM

Has a limited amount of source code been released? Blockjoe says he's checked the code.

I was there the week when the coin was launched, I've checked the code.
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:46:18 PM

Has a limited amount of source code been released? Blockjoe says he's checked the code.

I was there the week when the coin was launched, I've checked the code.

darksend is closed, the rest of the code is the just bitcoin code.. blockjoe hasnt checked anything of importance.

rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:11:34 PM

All the alts go down with the BTC price.  What really gives a coin value beyond pure speculation, is utility.  If a coin can be used to actually buy goods and services, this gives it value.  I just noticed Zeus miner accepts payments in Dark now.  that's pretty cool.

This is relatively new, many used to go up when BTC went down. It all changed after the Karpeles pump (plus the addition of about 1000 alts).

I've noticed that Goldcoin seems to go up when LTC goes down, and down when LTC goes up.

But the volume is small, and the market is Bot-infested.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:14:43 PM

Oh look, all the predictions that DRK is dead are wrong.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: