Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:35:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: strongcoin  (Read 2890 times)
yodog (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 02:48:40 PM

Hey guys I just transfered over about 140 btc;s its been confirmed 10 times, been over a hour and the coins still haven't shown up on strongcoin.com..

I am starting to get worried that I just lost over 600$.....

how long should this normally take? when I have sent coins from exchangers to my desktopwallet its never taken more than 6 confirmations which is like normally a hour or so..

anyhelp is appreciated..
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GTRsdk

Activity: 87

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 02:52:43 PM

Hey guys I just transfered over about 140 btc;s its been confirmed 10 times, been over a hour and the coins still haven't shown up on strongcoin.com..

how long should this normally take? when I have sent coins from exchangers to my desktopwallet its never taken more than 6 confirmations which is like normally a hour or so..

anyhelp is appreciated..

Just a little advice... You might want to only send small amounts (maybe 0.1 BTC or 1 BTC) for the first transaction to verify that the service is legit.

Let's make some Dogecoins together! http://doge.litemoons.com:9555
yodog (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 03:01:50 PM

yeah, I realized i probably should of done that before...

I was just in a hurry...

also I figured since the creator posts here that it would a legit service... but fuck im starting to get very worried now....
GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 03:06:06 PM

I've just went through and entered an address from StrongCoin in dailybitcoins and coinad. Now time to see if something actually comes.

Just out of curiosity... Are the address you are sending to and the Strongcoin address the same?

yodog (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 03:08:15 PM

http://blockchain.info/address/1C6BZHFG7j6zsT7PDfHh5uTes6jGpfkpCr

thats what shows up on the explorer...

I made 5 accounts on strongcoin, then I added it to my auto-withdrawal (Bad IDEA i know)

and it auto withdrew another 50~ or so btc...

GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 03:12:06 PM

Perhaps it would be best to use an exchange address (like vircurex or btc-e) for an online wallet for now?

yodog (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 03:17:04 PM

I guess this is one expensive lesson....

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk If i could I would kick my own ass right now......

I contacted the site via there contact us link..

tried to PM the owner on here, but I guess his pm's are disabled ?
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 03:20:30 PM

It is a 100% legit service, contact Ian at ian@strongcoin.com and i'm sure he will resolve it.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 03:20:51 PM

anyhelp is appreciated..
Just take the private key of the address you've sent it to, and load it inside your desktop's wallet/ or use blockchain.info's wallet and send the contents to your desktop's address/ import it into mtgox directly.
3 ways in total. Your bitcoins aren't lost, don't be afraid. (Unless you sent them to the wrong address.)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 04:15:41 PM

I guess this is one expensive lesson....

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk If i could I would kick my own ass right now......

I contacted the site via there contact us link..

tried to PM the owner on here, but I guess his pm's are disabled ?
1) calm down
2) nothing has been lost
3) see #1 & #2

Strongcoin actually gives you more options than other sites.  You can export the private key and import it in another wallet.

The only way you lost coins is if you sent them to the wrong address.  Coins aren't "on strongcoin".  Your coins are in the blockchain with tens of thousands of copies around the world.  As long as you have the private key (strongcoin allows you to export it) then you can recover the coins in a variety of ways.

You are sure you sent them to the correct address right?
yodog (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 04:22:05 PM

how do I find the private key?

I got a response from Ian @ strong coin..

OK, so it looks like blockexplorer has an issue. We'll be moving over to a new nackend soon so as not to rely on a thrid party.

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1C6BZHFG7j6zsT7PDfHh5uTes6jGpfkpCr

Blockexploere are upgrading their Bitcoin install which may account for the issue.

what does this mean for the coins that I had deposited??

Yes I used the public key on the strongcoin account page..
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 04:27:52 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2012, 04:54:42 PM by DeathAndTaxes

what does this mean for the coins that I had deposited??

The coins are at the address you sent them.  There is an issue in strongcoins backend which is causing the site to display the wrong (0) amount.  The coins are are "there" strongcoin simply isn't "seeing" them.  No error on strongcoins end can make the coins disapear or be lost (if you have a backup of the private key(s)).

In strongcoin click on the address.  Then on the right hand side there should be an option "decode private key".  The value it shows once you enter password again is the private key.  Don't lose it, don't let anyone else see it, don't decode it on a shared computer.  Treat the decoded private key like you would cash or gold.  Whoever has it has access to the coins.  If you lose it = nobody has access, if someone steals it = they have access.

The private key is what allows you to move/spend/transfer (all the same to the network) coins.  In Bitcoin the coins are everywhere on tens of thousands of nodes.  The private key is what ensures only you can spend your coins and you can't for example spend my coins.

If you make a backup (like printing it out) even if Strongcoin can't fix the problem you can import that private key into another wallet and gain access to the funds.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS and ALWAYS have a backup of your private key(s).

If it were me I would:
1) make a backup of private key (print it and leave no decrypted copies on your computer).
2) wait for strongcoin to fix their accounting issues.
3) if strongcoin can't fix the problem then import the key into a new wallet/exchange (like say the default client or MtGox account).

Yes I used the public key public address on the strongcoin account page..

Then you should be fine.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 04:43:58 PM

OP: See D&T's posts above.

Your coins are safe, see : http://blockchain.info/address/1C6BZHFG7j6zsT7PDfHh5uTes6jGpfkpCr
yodog (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 07:00:06 PM

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

strongcoin is showing my balances now...

WOOT!!!

thanks again to everyone who spent the time to help me out!
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 08:47:57 PM

Also be carefull when entering private keys (of large wallets) to unverified mtgox account.
They are probably transfering the coins from your private key to shared wallet so your coins could stuck on mtgox until you verify your identity.
yodog (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 11:48:37 PM

thanks for the tip, but I am avoiding mtgox as cavirtex is much better for my needs, as it uses hyperwallet which is already connected to my bank, and I cash out for zero fee's just 25 cents it costs to transfer money from cavirtex to my hyperwallet.
dogisland

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 07:41:35 PM

You can get a PDF of all your keys straight from StrongCoin. Click the "Paper Backup PDF" button. The PDF has the keys in an encrypted format. You can decrypt these keys using this method. https://strongcoin.com/blog/decrypting_private_keys_generated_with_strongcoin

I recommend you get the PDF and email it to yourself.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: