Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:35:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin - Losing faith...heres why...  (Read 4896 times)
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:54:10 PM

I guess this backs up the notion on why some people in the industry want to start using Bits. A lot of new people to Bitcoin do not realize that it is divisible and the price barrier hinders adoption for some. People will always feel gloomy about the BTC price at some point but you need to imagine how gloomy people were after the first major bubble in 2011. A lot of people thought they missed the boat but those people who held are far more happier now. I personally think BTC will continue the same pattern for years to come. And if you are too worried about BTC adoption, you can always diversify into altcoins Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 01:16:49 PM

Yes, there is a super-elite rich at the moment, but not at the scale we are talking about if bitcoin were to be adopted.
You sure about that?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
truehold3r

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:24:31 PM

Every time after a bubble people is in panic but if you wait some months you will see that another rise will come.

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 01:38:57 PM

Every time after a bubble people is in panic but if you wait some months you will see that another rise will come.
That is correct.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Kickstart4

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:10:48 PM

Currently the market sees bitcoin monopoly. If it started equally with other cryptos then it would be worth $10/coin..

I like your post..and agree.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 12:46:58 PM

I cannot see the whole world using bitcoin when its going to create such wealth disparity.

There are roughly 13 million coins in circulation, with the maximum amount being 21 million. This means over 50% of all coins in being, are in control of a small minority consisting of maybe 0.01% of the worlds population.

Yes, there is a super-elite rich at the moment, but not at the scale we are talking about if bitcoin were to be adopted.

Is it not more sensible to think that yes, a cryptocurrency will exist, but not bitcoin? A coin where you are automatically assigned a certain amount based on your wealth at the moment, in relation to others?

I find it absurd that someone, i.e the Winklevosses could own 1% of the worlds monetary power. Noone, absolutely noone in their right mind, will allow someone to hold this amount insane amount of resources.

I understand, the concept and even bitcoin itself is revolutionary, it has woken us up to what could be, but the origination and adoption of bitcoin was messy and only open to people who (rightly so) had knowledge and guts. But just because someone has guys it doesn't mean they are deserving of something.

99.99% of the worlds population controlling 50% of the worlds monetary value and therefore resources, when early adoptors, i.e the 0.01% own the other 50%. 1 person in the 'bitcoin elite' would have the same monetary power as 10,000 people. That's disgusting and human morality itself will not allow for this to happen.

Don't get me wrong cryptocurrency is the future, just not one causing a dictatorship to be born.

And for the short term I see no reason to invest either....

Swiping cards is just about the simplest thing you can do, most transactions under $50 don't require a signature, and security codes and card expiry are incredibly small concerns.

Bitcoin's headaches are immense, slow txn processing, irreversible for the consumer, funds are lost if wallet is compromises...now follow me for a sec...

Merchants can't replace credit with bitcoin. Simply can't. Credit is money you don't have and bitcoin is money you do have. A good credit card offers rewards, 100% fraud protection, ubiquitous acceptance, FICO score benefits, and an entity between you and your money. Tons of consumer value.

Now debit - debit fees were sliced by the Durbin amendment, so suddenly they aren't all that much more than the 1% exchange price of bitcoin.

While debit and bitcoin are comparable in that they are money you have, there is still no compelling reason for your average consumer to pay a fee to obtain bitcoin just to make an everyday purchase.

Merchants can want to eliminate transaction fees all they want but until there is clear value for the most important point in the value chain, the consumer, mass adoption will not occur. Even worse, to fix bitcoin's shortcomings, you need to regulate it, guarantee it, set up escrow's, exchange btc for USD...all the things that will make it just like the mainstream banks bitcoin is seeking to circumvent.

Even if these are fixed, its too late, people will realise the wealth disparity caused.

A new world cryptocurrency will be replace it, where the wealth disparity stays the same, where it is today... but with all the benefits that crypto has to offer so the world doesnt collapse?

Comments?

here is an example

if we had a central authority we could turn off transactions from people like this.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 12:49:01 PM

That is correct.

holy shit !

this will be HUGE !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:55:39 AM

You sure about that?

What's wrong with inequality? Rothbard will help you: https://mises.org/books/egalitarianism.pdf
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:47:00 PM

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:50:34 PM

If the chart is right we will see a value of about 10000$ as a peak of the next bubble, the history repeats but sooner or later it stops...
MoonTime

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:54:47 PM

You are somewhat wrong..but you are also right in saying bitcoin won't be able to replace fiat!
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:05:29 PM

If the chart is right we will see a value of about 10000$ as a peak of the next bubble, the history repeats but sooner or later it stops...

If this really happen, I think Bitcoin will become very popular like investment and will attract much more people.
In this case nobody will really care if some big merchants will accept Bitcoin or not, everybody will invest in hope to earn some good profit and this will help growth of Bitcoin, at least for some time.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀