Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptowatch - real-time charts and personalized trading analysis  (Read 32814 times)
carl_sagan (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 04:40:46 PM

Still getting choppy artifacts with the new ichi cloud. The old rendering method worked great, what reason is there not to revert?

Thanks again for your great work with this chart.

Hadn't reverted it because the new version has the multi-colored cloud, and the old version didn't. I deployed a small change that should make it render a lot faster, lmk if you still have problems.

https://cryptowat.ch - live Bitcoin price charts
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Adlai

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 11:53:23 AM

Please add the ability to replace API keys.
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 03:56:35 PM

Please add the ability to replace API keys.

What do you mean? You can revoke them, and re-register new ones.

ascisco

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:12:49 AM

Still getting choppy artifacts with the new ichi cloud. The old rendering method worked great, what reason is there not to revert?

Hadn't reverted it because the new version has the multi-colored cloud, and the old version didn't. I deployed a small change that should make it render a lot faster, lmk if you still have problems.

Renders much better now, thank you!
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 09:08:33 PM

Hey Artur,

Just heard BitMEX ( who? right... ) well. they are this new futures exchange, about to release a brand new tradable product for bitcoin.   

It is a Historical Volatility Index... 

Main thing worth mentioning is that this new and unique to bitcoin, people will be interested in trading it.. they will need to go to a site that provides charts for this... this will be another good opportunity for you to get the leg up on bitcoin wisdom and increase your current brand profile as someone moving first in the space vs bitcoinwisdom. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2qo5f6/just_heard_bitmex_will_be_releasing_a_historical/ 

This is his user account if you wanted to send him a pm to get the intel on early; 

http://www.reddit.com/user/bitmexdotcom

I exchanged emails with them weeks ago... they said they'd make some API changes to enable me to add them to the service but they never got back to me. I don't know what they're doing.

carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 09:13:24 PM

Renders much better now, thank you!

Great to hear. Thanks for reporting the issue.

carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 06:50:25 PM

An interface update was just released which made big improvements to indicators.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2r0vpk/cryptowatch_interface_update_improved_indicators/

anddam

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:31:37 PM

Do you have plan to implement any of the following?
  • horizontal lines
  • lines with extended side (one or both)
  • a way of selecting items for deletion rather than use a stack

The UI is really clean and tidy, unlike some competitor. Please keep it that way.

Congrats for the good work.
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 07:23:36 PM

Do you have plan to implement any of the following?
  • horizontal lines
  • lines with extended side (one or both)
  • a way of selecting items for deletion rather than use a stack

The UI is really clean and tidy, unlike some competitor. Please keep it that way.

Congrats for the good work.

Yeah, I plan on adding guidelines and rays. Selective deletion is already implemented: as you may have noticed you can hover over a drawing element's points and drag them around - just right click on them to delete the element they belong to.

anddam

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:30:08 PM

Selective deletion is already implemented: as you may have noticed you can hover over a drawing element's points and drag them around - just right click on them to delete the element they belong to.

I'm not able to do that on either Chrome, Safari or FireFox. I'm assuming that the tool to select is the crosshair, since I couldn't see a "no tool" mode.

Since we're talking wishlist I'd add
  • parallel channel tool, pretty much like the line tool
  • the ability to unlock price axis and keep it fixed, rather than auto adjust

Also the albuquerque theme has the active tool very little noticeable, in the dark themes it's much easier to spot which tool is currently selected.

Again, the work is very nice, keep the UI this sleek!
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:13:44 PM

Selective deletion is already implemented: as you may have noticed you can hover over a drawing element's points and drag them around - just right click on them to delete the element they belong to.

I'm not able to do that on either Chrome, Safari or FireFox. I'm assuming that the tool to select is the crosshair, since I couldn't see a "no tool" mode.

Since we're talking wishlist I'd add
  • parallel channel tool, pretty much like the line tool
  • the ability to unlock price axis and keep it fixed, rather than auto adjust

Also the albuquerque theme has the active tool very little noticeable, in the dark themes it's much easier to spot which tool is currently selected.

Again, the work is very nice, keep the UI this sleek!

To manipulate the drawing points you use any tool except the crosshair (any of the drawing tools). I did that because the crosshair is used to drag the chart, and it would be annoying to accidentally drag your drawings around sometimes when trying to drag the chart.

I like your other suggestions. Consider them on the list. And I'll take a look at the Albuquerque theme.

Thanks for the input.

anddam

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:05:24 PM

I like your other suggestions. Consider them on the list. And I'll take a look at the Albuquerque theme.

Thanks for the input.

You're very welcome.
Since you already have some not very common time frames would you also mind adding 8h between 6h and 12h?
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:57:40 PM

I designed it to work that way because I assumed what you describe was developed for the traditional financial markets which opened and closed every day, and therefore didn't always have a continuous seam of trading between each candle. Perhaps my take on it is traditionally wrong.

I suppose the gaps are typically a lot larger when a market closes overnight, but that method is used on all charts in the financial world, regardless of timeframe. In a fast moving or illiquid market, there may be gaps even on 1-minute candles. By treating the first trade in that time period as the open of the candle it gives an accurate picture of the true range that traded for that candle.

Hey, just a note that I've updated the logic to start recording open prices the way you suggested. It doesn't make sense to count the price of the last trade in the previous interval as the open price, when I'm not counting it towards the volume.

You can't really tell the difference unless you're viewing 1/3/5/15 min charts, but I'm glad to have it drawing candles in the more conventional way.

exercitusvir

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:06:11 PM

Could you please fix the time & sales display? Repeated trades on the same price always show up as green even if they were on the bid. But they should be only green when on the ask and red when on the bid.
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 10:34:10 PM

Could you please fix the time & sales display? Repeated trades on the same price always show up as green even if they were on the bid. But they should be only green when on the ask and red when on the bid.

The logic is: red = price is lower than the last trade, green = price is higher. But you're right, trades at a repeated price should stay the same color, but they are all green. I swear I thought I fixed that last week...

Anyway, pushed a change which fixes that. Repeated prices now maintain the color of the previous trade (red or green).

Thanks for saying something.

Adlai

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 12:09:28 PM

The logic is: red = price is lower than the last trade, green = price is higher. But you're right, trades at a repeated price should stay the same color, but they are all green. I swear I thought I fixed that last week...

Anyway, pushed a change which fixes that. Repeated prices now maintain the color of the previous trade (red or green).

During the high volume in the past few minutes, all the exchange indicators have been red for me, despite the changes being in both directions.
Stirliz

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:22:13 PM

Hi again and thanks for the awesome updates. Can't wait to see the trading interface.

Small problem here with apple magic mouse, as you probably know, this mouse does not have a whell, but a touch surface with scrolling ability in any direction, while extremely handy when viewing large images etc., it turns into a nightmare on cryptowatch: i try to scroll left or right on the graph, and as I'm a human, not a robot, I can't do it in a perfectly straight line, so in many cases zoom scroll is also activated and I get in a different view of the graph without willing to. This also has something to do with this mouse's vertical scroll sensetivity: while ok on the webpages it was zooming crazy-fast on google maps for example, one little swipe and you are at maximum or minimum zoom level, eventually google did something to it, its ok now.

So the question is, can you do something to reduce vertical scroll sensitivity of magic mouse while the cursor is over the graph, in case this is too complicated maybe you can just add an option to disable mouswheel zoom? The + an - buttons are still there anyways.

Would be glad to hear your thoughts on that. Thanks!
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 02:01:12 AM

During the high volume in the past few minutes, all the exchange indicators have been red for me, despite the changes being in both directions.

Those indicators are based on the 24 hour change (not very obvious, but less noisy than constantly flickering red/green tickers)

carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 02:26:51 AM

Hi again and thanks for the awesome updates. Can't wait to see the trading interface.

Small problem here with apple magic mouse, as you probably know, this mouse does not have a whell, but a touch surface with scrolling ability in any direction, while extremely handy when viewing large images etc., it turns into a nightmare on cryptowatch: i try to scroll left or right on the graph, and as I'm a human, not a robot, I can't do it in a perfectly straight line, so in many cases zoom scroll is also activated and I get in a different view of the graph without willing to. This also has something to do with this mouse's vertical scroll sensetivity: while ok on the webpages it was zooming crazy-fast on google maps for example, one little swipe and you are at maximum or minimum zoom level, eventually google did something to it, its ok now.

So the question is, can you do something to reduce vertical scroll sensitivity of magic mouse while the cursor is over the graph, in case this is too complicated maybe you can just add an option to disable mouswheel zoom? The + an - buttons are still there anyways.

I have a Macbook, and the trackpad annoys me the same way sometimes. Good suggestion. I deployed support for changing this, just open the "shortcuts" menu at the top with the keyboard icon... it now has scroll input settings.

Stirliz

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:15:02 AM

I have a Macbook, and the trackpad annoys me the same way sometimes. Good suggestion. I deployed support for changing this, just open the "shortcuts" menu at the top with the keyboard icon... it now has scroll input settings.

That was quick! Thanks a lot!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: