Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 06:25:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EMUNIE] We are not dead, just busy building megacool stuff *teasers inside*  (Read 10967 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:04:57 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 08:07:52 PM by Fuserleer

Hi everyone,

It's been a good while since I posted here.  Earlier in the year after a lot of drama we decided that development of eMunie should continue under the radar, with no distractions until we were getting close to ready.

As we are now getting close to a V1.0 product I thought Id roll by and post an update on whats been going on, progress, screen shots and other interesting info.

Without going into too much detail, over the past few months we've been concentrating on the following:

• Re factorization of prototype code to commercial grade (LOTS of testing)
  • Performance optimization
  • Development of transaction attachments
  • HTML capable secure email with attachments
  • Turing complete scripting engine utilizing a Javascript/Java hybrid and GUI integration (Etherium +100)
  • Plugin system for native Java plugins
  • Initial development of eMuWeb including custom embedded browser (regular and eMuWeb capable)
  • A REAL Decentralized Marketplace (DMP) which is also Auction capable
  • True high frequency Decentralized exchange (DEX) capable of < 30 second trades
  • Economics system and improvements/tweaks
  • GUI Overhaul

Most of the above is now in the final stages, with the only major component requiring significant work being the DEX which should bring us to a launch candidate client around the start of Q3 this year.  Additionally we are currently in talks with a number of academic scholars and professors to arrange multiple 3rd party peer reviews of the eMunie protocols, design and code.

We also set a crypto-currency record in our last beta, with the test network processing over 1M transactions in a 24hr period.  To date as far as we are aware no other crypto-currency has achieved this in either test, or production networks; the highest daily transaction count thus far being held by DogeCoin @ ~250,000.    Even more impressive is that this record was achieved on a network of only around 30 nodes, with transaction load varying from 10-50 tx/s at times.  More nodes = more performance, so with a network of only a few 1000 machines, eMunie will be able to process in excess of Visa level transaction quantities.

I'm happy to answer any questions about eMunie providing that they don't require me to divulge any technical information that we wish to keep secret for the time being (ideas get stolen you know!), also before someone asks there is no complete whitepaper at present, just excerpts and crude developer notes, and no it wont be open source for at least 6 months post launch and has already been covered extensively.

So to keep this initial post short, I believe pictures speak 1000 words, so here are some screenies (some are large):

Transactions

Browser
(note the emu:// URL Cheesy )

Marketplace Search

Marketplace Listing

Marketplace User Area

Marketplace Sell Item

Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:07:12 PM

<reserved for any future info>

TaunGawk

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:12:46 PM

Fuserleer, thanks for posting such a detailed update of what's going on behind the scenes.

This looks pretty neat!  How are you going to distribute the coins once ready to release - are you going to do it in a fashion NEM did its distribution?
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:14:14 PM

Thank you Dan

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
iso3789

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:18:39 PM

Great work dan!

That looks impressive  Shocked
Peachy

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:19:29 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 07:32:01 PM by Peachy

Fuserleer, thanks for posting such a detailed update of what's going on behind the scenes.

This looks pretty neat!  How are you going to distribute the coins once ready to release - are you going to do it in a fashion NEM did its distribution?

I'm not sure how NEM did theirs as I don't follow most of the alts too closely, but you can rest assured that eMunie will be open and transparent.  

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
TaunGawk

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:32:57 PM

I'm not sure how NEM did theirs as I don't follow most of the alts too closely, but you can rest assured that eMunie will be open and transparent.  

NEM's distribution was absolutely open and transparent that's why I'm asking.

Really looking forward to EMUNIE!  Is this written all in caps now, not eMunie as I've seen earlier?
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:36:43 PM

Thank you Dan
Check ur gmail
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:38:16 PM

Well, we were one of the first projects to propose the idea of an IPO, and that is still on the cards for a possible distribution solution.

We had a small private fundrasier at the start of the year between beta testers as the plan was to be launched in Q1, then after much deliberation, the the scope of the project changed and increased (for the better).  Throw in a lot of drama, thefts, and other stuff, and the thought of an IPO in the near future wasn't important.

Now we are getting close to a V1.0, those decisions have to be made, whether it be a public IPO, personal funding by myself or something else to ensure the continued development and promotion post launch.

I guess it all depends where the cards fall on the table and if there is interest in an IPO or not, with regard to the distribution of the initial eMu past the original investors.

Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:39:26 PM

How it is to be the tail-ended?
The Nxt have already did all emunie staff Cheesy

Go read "The Tortoise and the Hare", or ask your mother to do you some milk and cookies and read it to you Smiley  Some good life lessons in that childrens story.

TaunGawk

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:40:36 PM

kLee! I've heard you were hacked for a lot of money, my condolences  Undecided

you are a NxT whale right?  Are you getting out of NxT and investing big time into eMunie?

How it is to be the tail-ended?
The Nxt have already did all emunie staff Cheesy

there certainly are a lot of details NxT doesn't have, right?  NxT is going to be replaced by NEM in not too distant future so I wouldn't even consider NxT worth mentioning.

There's definitely some place for eMunie at place 4 of Coinmarketcap or something like that, definitely in the top range, that should be clear to anyone.  NEM #1, Bitcoin #2, BitShares seems to go to #3 as it looks like, and eMunie to #4 I guess!   Or #3?  Or #2?

I hope eMunie is not going to do a plain IPO like all the others did.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:41:00 PM

Me or WizzardTim? :S

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:48:48 PM

Turing complete scripting engine utilizing a Javascript/Java hybrid and GUI integration (Etherium +100)

The most interesting/exciting part of the update. Good move on that, I am excited to see what comes of it. It looks like you have improved eMunie a lot over the past months. I am very impressed, good work!

Re: to IPO or not to IPO

Might I suggest distributing IPO funds two ways simultaneously, both being worth... Say... 1 billion emus each per funding method, and the funding period lasting for 3 months (at least 1 month+)

A. Normal IPO in which people send in Bitcoins (alternatively you could do proof of burn method) (if not proof of burn and you wanted more BTC for development, you can make this distribution option be worth more than option B... Say you will distribute 2 billion to this funding method and only 1 billion to option B)

B. a Myriadcoin PoW algorithm that allows mining of multiple algorithms so that miners with all kinds of mining hardware can participate.

Just my opinion of course. Anyways... Good luck with the funding and release!

dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:49:01 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 08:01:55 PM by dreamhouse

Emunie is not dead, but definitely washed out by the new coins and concepts. I remember about a year ago it was big, but you guys missed the wave, missed big time. Now it is gone and no one care about Emunie today.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:51:03 PM

Screenshots look very nice - I especially like the browser with emu:// addresses!
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:52:14 PM

Emunie did not dead, but definitely washed out by the new coins and concepts. I remember about a year ago it was big, but you guys missed the wave, missed big time. Now it is gone and no one care about Emunie today.

I'm sure Google was told the same about Yahoo, and Facebook about MySpace....oh where would we be if they had listened.

We still have plenty of tricks that no one has done, or can do without starting from scratch, I just don't mention them here so as to not give the competition any advantage like in the past.

Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:54:28 PM

Turing complete scripting engine utilizing a Javascript/Java hybrid and GUI integration (Etherium +100)

The most interesting/exciting part of the update. Good move on that, I am excited to see what comes of it. It looks like you have improved eMunie a lot over the past months. I am very impressed, good work!

Re: to IPO or not to IPO

Might I suggest distributing IPO funds two ways simultaneously, both being worth... Say... 1 billion emus each per funding method, and the funding period lasting for 3 months (at least 1 month+)

A. Normal IPO in which people send in Bitcoins (alternatively you could do proof of burn method) (if not proof of burn and you wanted more BTC for development, you can make this distribution option be worth more than option B... Say you will distribute 2 billion to this funding method and only 1 billion to option B)
B. a Myriadcoin PoW algorithm that allows mining of multiple algorithms so that miners with all kinds of mining hardware can participate.

Just my opinion of course. Anyways... Good luck with the funding and release!

Thanks, its been a LOT of work, but I want a product that is both advanced, works and is SIMPLE!

V1.0 is just the start in the grand scheme of things, so much more to come yet, but you have to just nail it down at somepoint lol Smiley

The scripting is pretty cool if I may say so, especially with the ability to hook into the GUI, you can write games that work in client, and can hook into various client features, create simple apps, or even interfaces to other backend systems for integration.

vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:08:41 PM

I like BitShares AGS distribution model the most.  Cheesy
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:21:31 PM

Cmon guys, NXT fights hijack enough threads as it is!  Angry

Thank Nem troll for that. If he is going to lie and call Nxt a scam, how do you expect this thread to stay about Emunie?

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:24:30 PM

Maybe just rise above it, you dont HAVE to respond  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print