Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:17:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EMUNIE] We are not dead, just busy building megacool stuff *teasers inside*  (Read 10964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:19:11 PM

Yeah, very difficult to measure the potential of this coin. What's the upside?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:51:47 PM

There is no defined supply. More coins are minted when there is more demand for them. The idea is to build a stable currency. Hence the upside can be limited, it's not a crypto for speculation. Someone should correct me if I am wrong, but that's the impression I got reading on eMunie.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 07:24:27 PM

Hey guys, sorry for being quiet, got a busy week next week with demos and conferences so its full steam ahead getting the latest stuff finished.

I've got quite a lot of semi-technical documentation that are in various stages of "finish".  Some of that I need next week at my various meetings showcasing what eMunie can do, so this weekend is going to be spent finishing off what I need.  As I'm going to be spending quite some time on trains and in airport lounges over the next week I intend to spend that time on the remainder.

I want to have various documentation finished up before even thinking further on any kind of IPO.  As well as the open beta that will be available, getting as much documentation, both simple and more advanced prepared, will allow people to make informed choices on whether they want to use eMunie when released and participate in any form of IPO/distribution model that may be on offer.

I'm cagey on the IPO purely because I haven't made a 100% decision on if its the best way to move forward as a distribution model and if so, how any IPO would operate.

There is no defined supply. More coins are minted when there is more demand for them. The idea is to build a stable currency. Hence the upside can be limited, it's not a crypto for speculation. Someone should correct me if I am wrong, but that's the impression I got reading on eMunie.

You are correct, the goal is a stable currency, so it's ability to function as a reliable store of value, act as a unit of account, and a means of payment is not compromised by volatility.

Simply, the internal DEX monitors the demand at any given moment via the various buy and sell orders.  The system is able to buy & sell eMu from the DEX of its own accord, by using its own funding reserves to smooth out the bumps.  If the demand trend is higher than the system can manage from its own reserves, more eMu will be created and distributed via the system rules (balance interest, various reward streams for people running nodes, etc etc) with the expectation that a portion of those new eMu will make it into circulation.

Likewise if the demand trend is lower than the available supply, eMu will be removed from the system by burning portions of the fees collected that are associated with the various activities.  The remainder of those collected fees are then also distributed according to system rules to the various node operators.

This stabilization is not infallible, and with enough upwards or downwards pressure, the price will move, that can not be prevented with this system.  Also, the plan is not to forcibly hold the value at a set point, but to simply smooth out the bumps which should provide a more predictable and gradual movement of any up or down value trends.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:20:06 PM

However, the production is set by the initial distribution, whose production cost is set by the IPO?

Just trying to measure if it's a worthwhile investment or just a good free tool (like Paypal).

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 08:27:48 PM

However, the production is set by the initial distribution, whose production cost is set by the IPO?

Just trying to measure if it's a worthwhile investment or just a good free tool (like Paypal).

Not sure I understand that first sentence, is some missing? :S

As an investment, you'll make an ROI, but it wont be in the 1000's of % like many alts/pump & dumps as the market is difficult to manipulate (except for a caveat below).  As the value should stay relatively stable, an ROI comes from the increased supply due to demand from adoption.   The value of 1 eMu might still be $0.10 in terms of USD, as it was when it was purchased, but due to demand the supply has had to increase 10 fold....depending on your eMu balance (or as in this discussion, investment) you would receive a portion of that new supply.

Additionally its a fine balance in terms of an IPO.....

The more people that invest in an IPO, the less people remaining to drive demand so those investors receive a positive ROI further down the line.  Alternatively, if there isn't enough and demand skyrockets, then the system will suffer a degree of volatility as it wont have enough reserves (which is the main initial reason for an IPO) to smooth the storm.  It will remain volatile until enough time has passed for the newly created supply eMu to equalize with demand, and for that new supply to be circulating in the system.

A broad distribution has always been a very high requirement due to the closed loop nature of the economics system.  The more people there are and the more eMu is spread around, the better the system can compensate any initial demand post launch while it build a trend history.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:10:26 PM

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I understand there seems to be a "reserve/stabilization pool" method to keep the price stable. I am not interested in this feature here.

What I am asking is how new coins are mined/distributed post-IPO. Maybe I am missing something that has already been said, or this is a link that explains this simply?

From my understanding, there will be a premine on top of what is purchased by IPO investors. That will be used to alter supply based on demand, but distributing to existing holders, like a POS coin, and will ultimately be released over time as demand increases.

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 10:48:55 PM

No problem.

There is no additional "premine", the quantity of eMu in the genesis is the same as whatever any IPO or other method raises.  

Assuming we settle on an IPO, the currency value is secured by the funds raised by that IPO initially, as in, the raised funds become the systems reserve for managing the volatility.  

Later on once the system has matured and settled, there are income streams in place (primarily portions of the DEX & DMP fees) that deposit to the systems reserve fund in an attempt to ensure that it is always of a suitable size to allow it to smooth out the "bumps" I was talking about.  Should these algorithms determine there is an excess of reserves for the current supply activity, none of those fees will be taken and everyone gets a bonus via the regular fee distribution channels.

At no point can this stability system create eMu (or any other asset) out of nothing, it has to either buy them, be sent them (via a regular transaction from a positive balance account) or acquire them as per the mechanisms described above.

As per your other question, here is a very simple breakdown of how new eMu are created and where they go:

Assume that verified buy orders on the DEX outweigh verified sell orders within a particular price window (lets assume ~5%), and has done for some time.  Also assume average sell price of 1 eMu is $0.10, thus allowed price window is $0.095-0.105.  Buys and sells with prices outside this range are discounted, lets assume that buy orders are 110% the volume of sell orders.

With that in mind, the systems liquid supply is trailing demand by 10%, all nodes in the system can agree on this (as all have access to the DEX metrics).  Assume after further calculations using historic DEX data, all nodes can also agree that during the next economic period 50% of the 10% deficit will be created and distributed around the system as per the rules.

Once the start of the next economic period, every node in the system is able to calculate who should be claiming what.  For simplicity sake, lets say half of any new eMu is allocated to positive balance holders, the other half goes to "hatchers" (its more complex than this, but for the purpose of this example it is sufficient)

All wallets with balance can present a "claim" for a portion of that allocated new eMu that the system needs, they can calculate the correct amount, as they know their balance and they have the DEX information to calculate how much new eMu there is to be made.

Likewise, "hatchers" (which are the equivalent if you like of miners) can make claims for the other half.  Hatchers that have cleared more transactions get a larger portion of the other 50%, and as all transactions are counter signed by the clearing hatcher, this is easy to keep a record of.   Likewise they also have access to all the DEX information, so are able to calculate the correct amount they are due.

Both the +balance wallets, and the hatchers will now have new eMu in their wallets, that the system expects some of which to make it into circulation to help ease the deficit between the supply and the demand.

-----

Thats a VERY simple explanation, there are lots of other variables and I've skipped a lot of how the calculations are done, etc....but it should give you a simple idea of how, where and why.

Radix - DLT x.0

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:56:06 AM

where can i find a business plan with some dates?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 11:23:09 AM

Hey guys, sorry for being quiet, got a busy week next week with demos and conferences so its full steam ahead getting the latest stuff finished.

I've got quite a lot of semi-technical documentation that are in various stages of "finish".  Some of that I need next week at my various meetings showcasing what eMunie can do, so this weekend is going to be spent finishing off what I need.  As I'm going to be spending quite some time on trains and in airport lounges over the next week I intend to spend that time on the remainder.

I want to have various documentation finished up before even thinking further on any kind of IPO.  As well as the open beta that will be available, getting as much documentation, both simple and more advanced prepared, will allow people to make informed choices on whether they want to use eMunie when released and participate in any form of IPO/distribution model that may be on offer.

I'm cagey on the IPO purely because I haven't made a 100% decision on if its the best way to move forward as a distribution model and if so, how any IPO would operate.

You are correct, the goal is a stable currency, so it's ability to function as a reliable store of value, act as a unit of account, and a means of payment is not compromised by volatility.

Simply, the internal DEX monitors the demand at any given moment via the various buy and sell orders.  The system is able to buy & sell eMu from the DEX of its own accord, by using its own funding reserves to smooth out the bumps.  If the demand trend is higher than the system can manage from its own reserves, more eMu will be created and distributed via the system rules (balance interest, various reward streams for people running nodes, etc etc) with the expectation that a portion of those new eMu will make it into circulation.

Likewise if the demand trend is lower than the available supply, eMu will be removed from the system by burning portions of the fees collected that are associated with the various activities.  The remainder of those collected fees are then also distributed according to system rules to the various node operators.

This stabilization is not infallible, and with enough upwards or downwards pressure, the price will move, that can not be prevented with this system.  Also, the plan is not to forcibly hold the value at a set point, but to simply smooth out the bumps which should provide a more predictable and gradual movement of any up or down value trends.

interesting.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
wwdz99

Activity: 243

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:27:15 PM

Not sure I understand that first sentence, is some missing? :S

As an investment, you'll make an ROI, but it wont be in the 1000's of % like many alts/pump & dumps as the market is difficult to manipulate (except for a caveat below).  As the value should stay relatively stable, an ROI comes from the increased supply due to demand from adoption.   The value of 1 eMu might still be $0.10 in terms of USD, as it was when it was purchased, but due to demand the supply has had to increase 10 fold....depending on your eMu balance (or as in this discussion, investment) you would receive a portion of that new supply.

Additionally its a fine balance in terms of an IPO.....

The more people that invest in an IPO, the less people remaining to drive demand so those investors receive a positive ROI further down the line.  Alternatively, if there isn't enough and demand skyrockets, then the system will suffer a degree of volatility as it wont have enough reserves (which is the main initial reason for an IPO) to smooth the storm.  It will remain volatile until enough time has passed for the newly created supply eMu to equalize with demand, and for that new supply to be circulating in the system.

A broad distribution has always been a very high requirement due to the closed loop nature of the economics system.  The more people there are and the more eMu is spread around, the better the system can compensate any initial demand post launch while it build a trend history.

Distribution rule just like maskcoin.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 01:51:18 PM

Not quite, nothing is hardcoded "magic" numbers like everything before.

This is much more advanced and is dynamic in reaction to trading and markets, an entire self managed economic system....a first in, well, anything Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:51:14 PM

No problem.

There is no additional "premine", the quantity of eMu in the genesis is the same as whatever any IPO or other method raises.  

Assuming we settle on an IPO, the currency value is secured by the funds raised by that IPO initially, as in, the raised funds become the systems reserve for managing the volatility.  

Later on once the system has matured and settled, there are income streams in place (primarily portions of the DEX & DMP fees) that deposit to the systems reserve fund in an attempt to ensure that it is always of a suitable size to allow it to smooth out the "bumps" I was talking about.  Should these algorithms determine there is an excess of reserves for the current supply activity, none of those fees will be taken and everyone gets a bonus via the regular fee distribution channels.

At no point can this stability system create eMu (or any other asset) out of nothing, it has to either buy them, be sent them (via a regular transaction from a positive balance account) or acquire them as per the mechanisms described above.

As per your other question, here is a very simple breakdown of how new eMu are created and where they go:

Assume that verified buy orders on the DEX outweigh verified sell orders within a particular price window (lets assume ~5%), and has done for some time.  Also assume average sell price of 1 eMu is $0.10, thus allowed price window is $0.095-0.105.  Buys and sells with prices outside this range are discounted, lets assume that buy orders are 110% the volume of sell orders.

With that in mind, the systems liquid supply is trailing demand by 10%, all nodes in the system can agree on this (as all have access to the DEX metrics).  Assume after further calculations using historic DEX data, all nodes can also agree that during the next economic period 50% of the 10% deficit will be created and distributed around the system as per the rules.

Once the start of the next economic period, every node in the system is able to calculate who should be claiming what.  For simplicity sake, lets say half of any new eMu is allocated to positive balance holders, the other half goes to "hatchers" (its more complex than this, but for the purpose of this example it is sufficient)

All wallets with balance can present a "claim" for a portion of that allocated new eMu that the system needs, they can calculate the correct amount, as they know their balance and they have the DEX information to calculate how much new eMu there is to be made.

Likewise, "hatchers" (which are the equivalent if you like of miners) can make claims for the other half.  Hatchers that have cleared more transactions get a larger portion of the other 50%, and as all transactions are counter signed by the clearing hatcher, this is easy to keep a record of.   Likewise they also have access to all the DEX information, so are able to calculate the correct amount they are due.

Both the +balance wallets, and the hatchers will now have new eMu in their wallets, that the system expects some of which to make it into circulation to help ease the deficit between the supply and the demand.

-----

Thats a VERY simple explanation, there are lots of other variables and I've skipped a lot of how the calculations are done, etc....but it should give you a simple idea of how, where and why.

Are there going to be any actual math/formulas/algorithms published on the money supply generation?

Sounds very wishy-washy to me so far. People won't trust a system that doesn't precisely detail in advance the rules by which money is created.
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:18:07 PM

When will IPO be open?

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
Continental

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:14:31 PM

When will IPO be open?

everyone here wants to know  Cheesy
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:38:54 AM

When will IPO be open?

everyone here wants to know  Cheesy
December  Tongue
homeey

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 11:28:24 AM

Great news and waiting for the IPO.

What is the offer Price?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:45:26 PM

When will IPO be open?

It could be in one or two years but I highly doubt the devs got suddenly faster.
SomethingElse

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:39:49 AM

The dev has done a really good job of answering questions in an intelligent way.

This projected has even had its delays delayed, but considering that the dev is working so hard, and I believe he is, I can understand. 

While such delays make people doubt the project, it can also build a little bit of confidence in the product if it does come out as people will know that the dev wouldn't release until it was really ready. 

NEM
iso3789

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:53:18 PM

Hey guys,

for all those who are not in the currently Beta, here is a small overview of the new client

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgMMa3lmWkg#t=25
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:17:15 PM

Hey guys,

for all those who are not in the currently Beta, here is a small overview of the new client

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgMMa3lmWkg#t=25

Nice! It seems improved and with more features
from the last time I have tested it!

Is it still heavy on the processor or that was improved too?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: