Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:06:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex Jones Vs. Rothschild: The Best Global Warming Debate in History  (Read 2346 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:10:09 AM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4891699310483983031

The son of a trillionaire banking family vs. Alex Jones

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 05:05:38 AM

"long while"
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 06:00:45 AM

Can I get the two sentence synopsis?
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 09:58:41 PM

It's pretty much what you would expect.  Jones makes some good points.  Rothschild makes some good points.  Then it devolves into name calling.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
FirstAscent

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 03:23:56 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2012, 04:01:38 AM by FirstAscent

It's pretty much what you would expect.  Jones makes some good points.  Rothschild makes some good points.  Then it devolves into name calling.

I wouldn't expect anything (therefore it couldn't possibly be what I would expect) because I don't know whose side each one is on or what their points are. Nor do I know of any good points made by Global Warming deniers. They can all be demonstrated to be founded on fraudulent and deceptive premises.
zionist shill

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 04:58:19 PM

Fantastic topic and video.

because there's a war on for your mind.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 05:04:22 PM

It's pretty much what you would expect.  Jones makes some good points.  Rothschild makes some good points.  Then it devolves into name calling.

I wouldn't expect anything (therefore it couldn't possibly be what I would expect) because I don't whose side each one is on or what their points are. Nor do I know of any good points made by Global Warming deniers. They can all be demonstrated to be founded on fraudulent and deceptive premises.

Exclusive statements are often proven to be false. You approach the topic with almost religious faith and equivalent disgust for nonbelievers. This is the "scientific" form of religion, and you practice it faithfully.
FirstAscent

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 07:11:39 PM

It's pretty much what you would expect.  Jones makes some good points.  Rothschild makes some good points.  Then it devolves into name calling.

I wouldn't expect anything (therefore it couldn't possibly be what I would expect) because I don't whose side each one is on or what their points are. Nor do I know of any good points made by Global Warming deniers. They can all be demonstrated to be founded on fraudulent and deceptive premises.

Exclusive statements are often proven to be false. You approach the topic with almost religious faith and equivalent disgust for nonbelievers. This is the "scientific" form of religion, and you practice it faithfully.

Show me an argument against Global Warming, and I'll show you that it contains a significant portion of the following: falsified documents; its authors are funded by Big Oil; it preys upon its audience's ignorance of the facts; its affiliated with groups who also were paid by tobacco companies to claim tobacco smoke does not cause cancer; its authors can be tied to the Heartland Institute or other similar organizations.
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 07:55:56 PM

Show me an argument against Global Warming, and I'll show you that it contains a significant portion of the following: falsified documents; its authors are funded by Big Oil; it preys upon its audience's ignorance of the facts; its affiliated with groups who also were paid by tobacco companies to claim tobacco smoke does not cause cancer; its authors can be tied to the Heartland Institute or other similar organizations.
... uhm if you take a look back in the past few hundreds of thousands of years, you can easily see: The next ice age is just about to come.

So now ... get this related to tobacco, oil or any whatevernamed Institute.

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 08:07:51 PM

"long while"
+1

@OP: nobody likes you(not even your mom), go away.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
FirstAscent

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 09:18:44 PM

... uhm if you take a look back in the past few hundreds of thousands of years, you can easily see: The next ice age is just about to come.

That would be scenario #2: audience's ignorance of the facts. Do you understand Milankovitch Cycles and how they affect the periodicity of ice ages? I doubt it, but you're actually correct, dude! An ice age is coming. Which means the global rise in temperature over the past one hundred years must not be because of ice age cycles, huh?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 09:34:10 PM

So two guys yell at each other while the Earth slowly becomes Venus? Got it.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 11:22:06 PM

So two guys yell at each other while the Earth slowly becomes Venus? Got it.

Don't do that.
Kettenmonster

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 03:55:01 PM

That would be scenario #2: audience's ignorance of the facts.
Whatever a fact might be and where audience references to.
Just be aware, that different brains might work differently on different assumptions.

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
FirstAscent

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 03:56:05 PM

That would be scenario #2: audience's ignorance of the facts.
Whatever a fact might be and where audience references to.
Just be aware, that different brains might work differently on different assumptions.

The Earth's climate isn't going to respond to ignorance.
Kettenmonster

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 06:13:52 PM

Is this approved by your profound experience?  Grin

FirstAscent

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 06:32:20 PM

Is this approved by your profound experience?  Grin

Kettonmonster,

If you have some logical conclusions to draw based upon observations and data, please share. If you wish to provide examples which would allow one to draw a conclusion counter to the things I've said, then do so.
FirstAscent

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 06:38:49 PM

Kettonmonster,

Here are some things for you to study:

- The Oregon Petition
- Frederick Seitz
- The background of those running the Heartland Institute
- Brownlash, as coined by Paul Ehrlich
- Ice albedo feedback loops
- Heat retention of ocean water
- Ice age sea levels
- Species extinction rates
- Milankovitch cycles
- Steady state economics
- Methods of determining the accuracy of historically recorded temperatures
- Correlation of independent data: ice cores, atmospheric temperature readings, sea level, satellite photos, etc.
Kettenmonster

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 07:15:54 PM

If you have some logical conclusions to draw based upon observations and data, please share. If you wish to provide examples which would allow one to draw a conclusion counter to the things I've said, then do so.
Sorry just looked into your arguments considered them void, so opposed to see wether you can bring along something profound.

What I have learned about global warming is:
- Math is abused.
Take a look into what they do and be amazed. They tune the models until able to perdict the past. Then of cause this will work for the future ...
Ok those scientist don´t claim to have a valid proof. But as soon as its out to Television everything is so pretty obvious ... but still rubbish.

So I just love to laugh about "audience's ignorance".

No doubt burning oil and coal is second most stupid idea ever, right behind nuclear power blasts (weapons are out of my consideration here).
But there is no point in putting wrong arguments for a right cause. People like me show up pick them, prove them wrong and thus cancel your reasonable goals by your own faulty arguments. Don´t let this happen in the wild out there (btw. it already happend).

You have probably heard of the waldsterben. In my youth I learned, those trees I nowadays chop for firewood died long years ago.
They came up with wrong arguments, concluded the wrong medicine, made things even worse. But the german forest is still prospering.
Same thing for ozone depletion. It happens around south pole, so its cause has to be defeated on the northern half of the planet.  Roll Eyes
And now ... global warming. you can´t predict the weather for the next two weeks, but climate for centuries?!? That is ignorance at its best.

The problem I see is the sand in whomsoever eyes, could be you do so as well. But rubbing does not help. Stop the guy throwing that sand.
Global warming might be a very important issue. But you will never solve it. So take care for what you can handle and stick to that.
Do never ever pick up arguments you can´t validate, just because they are stamped by some important whatsowever.
 ... just my 5 satoshis.

FirstAscent

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 07:42:35 PM

Sorry just looked into your arguments considered them void, so opposed to see wether you can bring along something profound.

What I have learned about global warming is:
- Math is abused.
Take a look into what they do and be amazed. They tune the models until able to perdict the past. Then of cause this will work for the future ...
Ok those scientist don´t claim to have a valid proof. But as soon as its out to Television everything is so pretty obvious ... but still rubbish.

So I just love to laugh about "audience's ignorance".

No doubt burning oil and coal is second most stupid idea ever, right behind nuclear power blasts (weapons are out of my consideration here).
But there is no point in putting wrong arguments for a right cause. People like me show up pick them, prove them wrong and thus cancel your reasonable goals by your own faulty arguments. Don´t let this happen in the wild out there (btw. it already happend).

You have probably heard of the waldsterben. In my youth I learned, those trees I nowadays chop for firewood died long years ago.
They came up with wrong arguments, concluded the wrong medicine, made things even worse. But the german forest is still prospering.
Same thing for ozone depletion. It happens around south pole, so its cause has to be defeated on the northern half of the planet.  Roll Eyes
And now ... global warming. you can´t predict the weather for the next two weeks, but climate for centuries?!? That is ignorance at its best.

The problem I see is the sand in whomsoever eyes, could be you do so as well. But rubbing does not help. Stop the guy throwing that sand.
Global warming might be a very important issue. But you will never solve it. So take care for what you can handle and stick to that.
Do never ever pick up arguments you can´t validate, just because they are stamped by some important whatsowever.
 ... just my 5 satoshis.

There's a lot of contradictory and opinionated views in there, some not true, and there are some conclusions in there that don't really follow. Let me see if I can summarize your view:

Kettonmonster's view in a nutshell: Science isn't applying the proper methods to properly predict Global Warming even though Global Warming is probably happening, so we shouldn't try and find alternatives to burning oil and coal even though it's really stupid to burn oil and coal. Weather isn't predictable two weeks out, and that must mean we can't do science.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: