Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need trusted escrow agent  (Read 1310 times)
Ron~Popeil (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:54:16 PM

I need a trusted escrow agent for Bit Beans Coffee Company. Since we are a new business it makes sense to put some coins into escrow in the early going so that my customers can order my product without fear of being scammed. I would simply need someone to hold the BTC and confirm they have it in my business thread. If a customer has placed an order but not received it within a certain time frame they can make a claim with the escrow agent who is authorized to refund them their purchase amount if I cannot prove the order was delivered via tracking number from the USPS.

This would be a short term arrangement to gain some trust with the community. I would prefer a hero member that has done escrow before. Let me know a price and we can make arrangements.   

Thanks!

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:56:51 PM

I can give you a hand. I'm currently holding about 15BTC for the Bitmo IPO and I'd be happy to help you out as well! Here's the official Devscrow thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708658.0

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:05:14 PM

I can give you a hand. I'm currently holding about 15BTC for the Bitmo IPO and I'd be happy to help you out as well! Here's the official Devscrow thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708658.0

Great! I have not done business in BTC before so forgive any dumb questions. I was thinking I could set up a password protected document to track orders and providing you with access to it. I will set up fields for address and tracking number so you can easily verify the delivery or lack of if you receive any claims.

Would that be enough information for you to work with?   

devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:14:35 PM

Yes sir, that would be sufficient.

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:17:52 PM

Great! I will be doing our grand opening thread tomorrow so if you send me an address I will get a payment to you before hand so you can post in the thread. In the mean time is it okay to put your username on the website after I send payment?

devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:21:27 PM

Great! I will be doing our grand opening thread tomorrow so if you send me an address I will get a payment to you before hand so you can post in the thread. In the mean time is it okay to put your username on the website after I send payment?

I provide free escrow services. There's no escrow fees unless you feel inclined to tip. Also, of course you can put my username on your site. Just shoot me a PM with the thread URL when you get it up.

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:23:19 PM

I provide free escrow services. There's no escrow fees unless you feel inclined to tip. Also, of course you can put my username on your site. Just shoot me a PM with the thread URL when you get it up.

Awesome! I will of course be inclined to tip regularly. I will add your information after I send the escrow funds. Do you prefer to pm the payment address or handle it in your regular thread?

devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:29:15 PM

Awesome! I will of course be inclined to tip regularly. I will add your information after I send the escrow funds. Do you prefer to pm the payment address or handle it in your regular thread?

Which ever is easier for you (:

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:49:39 PM

Which ever is easier for you (:

You can send it via pm or to my e-mail: thomas@bitbeanscoffee.com

Thanks!

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 10:28:07 PM

Okay I have an amount to match my current inventory ready to go. Let me know where to send it. If you send an e-mail to thomas@bitbeanscoffee.com I will also send you a password to access the google doc.

Thanks!

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1752

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:58:08 AM

Hi Ron, be careful you do not get a pm from someone with a similar name to devthedev asking you to send btc.  It is a common scam here.  The username would be just slightly different and would be a new account. 

Also, when you are set up I will get a lb of coffee to try.  I normally drink Miscelad'oro espresso beans via a French press.  Shoot me a pm when you are ready to take orders.

Cheers!

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:00:12 AM

Hi Ron, be careful you do not get a pm from someone with a similar name to devthedev asking you to send btc.  It is a common scam here.  The username would be just slightly different and would be a new account. 

Also, when you are set up I will get a lb of coffee to try.  I normally drink Miscelad'oro espresso beans via a French press.  Shoot me a pm when you are ready to take orders.

Cheers!

If you see any users with a similar username to mine, please PM me.

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:34:22 AM

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up. Our House Blend is a milder roast but I am also an espresso roast drinker. We are set up to take orders now if you would like one. We sell in 2 pound increments to save shipping cost for our customers but I would be happy to send you a one pound pack if you like.

Thanks! 

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:50:08 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 06:08:23 AM by Ron~Popeil

Dev did you send an e-mail to me earlier around 6:00 pm EST? I didn't know how to verify the secure message in the e-mail but it was from an address I saw in your thread so I sent to the address in the e-mail I received. Here is the address I sent it to:1K6CmdpLK9CF3avdccCPQznKBxMAWc1tsA

I clicked on the key base link and the message in the e-mail won't verify. It says hash mismatch. 

I hope I am doing the verification wrong. It would be a cruel bit of irony if I got scammed trying to prove I am not a scammer.

If you can let me know I would appreciate it. I am usually pretty diligent about this kind of thing.

devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:26:30 AM

Dev did you send an e-mail to me earlier around 6:00 pm EST? I didn't know how to verify the secure message in the e-mail but it was from an address I saw in your thread so I sent to the address in the e-mail I received. Here is the address I sent it to:1K6CmdpLK9CF3avdccCPQznKBxMAWc1tsA

I clicked on the key base link and the message in the e-mail won't verify. It says hash mismatch. 

I hope I am doing the verification wrong. It would be a cruel bit of irony if I got scammed trying to prove I am not a scammer.

If you can let me know I would appreciate it. I am usually pretty diligent about this kind of thing.

Yes sir, that's me.

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:35:13 AM

Yes sir, that's me.

Ah okay. Whew! I was just doing the verification wrong then. I did add the link to my website that points to your thread. It is at www.bitbeanscoffee.com

Thanks for letting me know that so early. I slept kind of poorly.  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: