Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:02:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So where are we on Litecoin? how do we feel? it seems stable around $5  (Read 1610 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 02:40:26 AM

Discuss.

people have lost a lot, are we buying - waiting for a dump?

please don't Troll this topic, no one likes trolls here,  this is a respectable forum.

also anyone think Moon will Cross Doge?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:21:48 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 11:36:00 AM by okiefromokc

Hasn't the BTC to LTC pretty much always been ~100 to 1~ ?

This is being currently reflected in the $500+ to $5+ ratio... is it not?

edit: good catch... the old farts fingers do not keep up with his thoughts... Thanks for catching it.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:59:50 AM

I am going to quote my post on this from early August and its response since it is still applicable today. My take on LTC is that we are at or near a low with respect to XBT that has happened twice before as a prelude to a rise in the XBT/USD rate. As for DOGE the timing of its release to coincide with an XBT boom is its biggest problem.

The pattern for those alt-coins that have been around for a while is a sharp spike upwards in price when compared to BTC during a BTC boom. Here are some examples:

Litecoin: LTC/BTC http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=ltc-btc&market=btc-e
Namecoin: NMC/BTC http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=nmc-btc&market=btc-e
Peercoin: PPC/BTC http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=ppc-btc&market=btc-e

Dogecoin DOGE/BTC is really interesting here since it was launched right in the middle of a BTC boom. http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=doge-btc&market=cryptsy It is hard to see on the chart but this is a brutal bear market since its inception. The moral here is do not launch your alt in the middle of a BTC boom because in a few months it will look really awful.

I would go as far as to say that skyrocketing alt-coin prices in terms of BTC can be an indicator of a BTC/USD top. The trick is finding the right alt-coin since the vast majority are totally worthless and only very few have a chance of doing anything, but there can be a play here.

Thank you for your data mining. That pattern jibes with what I've seen in the gold part of the stock market: when gold's well down the bull track, the major producers go up, the juniors go up a lot, and the few exploration-level penny stocks that capture the punters' excitement explode.

Same on the downside, too. '11-'12 saw the majors getting whacked, the juniors getting whomped, and all-out carnage in the exploration-penny subsector.

I'm not kidding about the last. The pennies were hit so hard, the Venture Stock Exchange had to officially suspend a rule that prohibits secondary offerings by its listees whose stock price is below five cents. Yes, five cents.

Had the Venture board not done so, a lot of viable exploration micros would have had to hire bankruptcy lawyers. I'm quite serious about this.   

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:12:10 AM

this is a respectable forum.

I spewed over my keyboard. ..
pausing

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:17:11 AM

I came from China and i tell you a truth.Most LTC are contrled by Chinese.I won't play with whales.
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:19:29 AM

Tagging thread for tomorrow when im more awake Smiley

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:32:23 AM

Hasn't the BTC to LTC pretty much always been ~10 to 1~ ?

Wow your math is really bad.

10 to 1 would be $500 to $50

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:53:24 AM

Litecoin obviously just stuck until bitcoin has a bubble unless im mistaken.  Any other alts alive at the time of next bubble will also see good returns.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:24:20 AM

litecoin reached the moon at 0.05 btc, now is on the ground without wheels
irlandescoin

Activity: 567
Merit: 502

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:32:00 AM

going down.

back here after the boom in 2013
samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:21:24 AM

Falling into the hole

BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:21:38 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 09:34:30 AM by BitCoinPokerBro

In February 2012 LTC could be purchased for BTC0.001 and one bitcoin was worth about $5 at the time.

A investment of $100 bought BTC20 February 2012 which in turn would have bought 20,000 Litecoin. Today 20,000 LTC is worth BTC210 or over $100,000. Whereas BTC20 it would be worth $10,000

Food for thought
okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:36:47 AM

Hasn't the BTC to LTC pretty much always been ~10 to 1~ ?

Wow your math is really bad.

10 to 1 would be $500 to $50

Thanks for the catch I corrected it.
blueshoe

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

<space>

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:10:13 PM

Ltc has no special features. The course is manipulated by fraudsters.
A normal citizen does not understand why he should keep Ltc.

If btc drops to 370, then ltc stands on 2.5. Under 2.5 could buy one, because gamers buy.
Ultimately ltc will fall to the level of doge. This is just for gamblers.
7FigureSwagger

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:45:27 PM

If btc drops to 370, then ltc stands on 2.5. Under 2.5 could buy one, because gamers buy.

I would say litecoins 'special feature' is that it makes btc look like sending a fuckin money gram to South Sudan, I have barely clicked send to cash out poolside before it's already confirmed in my wallet. Once people start spending it, especially for micro transactions like a cup of coffee. I agree what the fellow tried to state with his poor English which is that unfortunately for everyone, while we were watching btc, china DOMINATED ltc, for people mining btc, look at the top pools compared to ltc, not only are they all in china, the websites are designed to be for mainlanders and not the global community. There is so much Chinese, I can't even navigate with google translate enough to register or even apply for an acc. IMO silverfish fucked everyone and they probably control over 50% of the supply if they even have a fraction of what they mined left...
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:49:16 PM

I would say litecoins 'special feature' is that it makes btc look like sending a fuckin money gram to South Sudan, I have barely clicked send to cash out poolside before it's already confirmed in my wallet. Once people start spending it, especially for micro transactions like a cup of coffee. I agree what the fellow tried to state with his poor English which is that unfortunately for everyone, while we were watching btc, china DOMINATED ltc, for people mining btc, look at the top pools compared to ltc, not only are they all in china, the websites are designed to be for mainlanders and not the global community. There is so much Chinese, I can't even navigate with google translate enough to register or even apply for an acc. IMO silverfish fucked everyone and they probably control over 50% of the supply if they even have a fraction of what they mined left...

So?? Fastcoin's 10 second transaction time, makes Litecoin 2.5minutes look like a car without wheels trying to drive uphill.

Litecoin is 100% Bitcoin clone with no noteworthy features over Bitcoin. It's true price is 0/worthless
georgehosterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 09:51:35 PM

I'm calling $3 in a month.  Hashlets taking market share from lite coin fan boys and feeding it to roi hungry bitcoiners

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:56:56 PM

In February 2012 LTC could be purchased for BTC0.001 and one bitcoin was worth about $5 at the time.

A investment of $100 bought BTC20 February 2012 which in turn would have bought 20,000 Litecoin. Today 20,000 LTC is worth BTC210 or over $100,000. Whereas BTC20 it would be worth $10,000

Food for thought

This is an interesting way of putting it. Irrespective of the age of each coin at the time, it definitely shows that LTC would have offered a better return. Now multiply that by 10 (for when LTC was at its peak). That in itself should help stabilise any uncertainty and show that LTC is in fact viable.
7FigureSwagger

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:08:26 PM

So?? Fastcoin's 10 second transaction time, makes Litecoin 2.5minutes look like a car without wheels trying to drive uphill.

Litecoin is 100% Bitcoin clone with no noteworthy features over Bitcoin. It's true price is 0/worthless

So that's a big deal, secondly, beating litecoins transaction time only sounds like more of a gimmick, as that is redundant... LTC has a fast block time without having to adopt any x-this or that algo... Transaction time is DEFINATELY noteworthy considering the Bitcoin devs are even saying it is already turning out to be an issue...(someone correct me if I am wrong on this plz)

Litecoin also has a very strong and stable network, and I personally never had a problem with lack of nodes.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:10:20 PM

Still seems to be maintaining its price around $5.2-5.4
I think it'll stay like this for the next month or so before rising quite significantly. Until the next bubble it'll rise slowly before the mega jump Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: