Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 02:37:43 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bit-list: privately find local bitcoin traders  (Read 1628 times)
extracool

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 08:40:22 AM

Hey, so I had a take on the whole finding and communicating with people around you that are interested in the same thing, in this case bitcoin trading, while maintaining your privacy. Maybe you don't want to publicly identify yourself as a bitcoin buyer or seller. http://bit-list.appspot.com, uses your twitter account to authenticate, but you can even keep that private from others on the site, by setting your nickname. To further protect yourself, once you are done with a conversation, you can delete the whole thing.
I just finished implementing private messaging and thought that was a good time to announce the site here.

There is a mailbox like thing you can create at any point on the map, I call these Drops. Anyone can leave a public message in the Drop. You and the sender are the only ones who can see a private message added to a Drop you created. You can permanently delete/burn your Drop at anytime. In the message of a Drop you create, enter in #hashtags to enable searching out by the hashtag. Bitcoin buyers enter #bitcoin-buyer. Bitcoin sellers enter #bitcoin-seller.

I would appreciate feedback, thanks.

FREE bitcoin spreadsheet - watch your bitcoins value go up and down - whoo
go to Google Docs, File -> New -> From template...
Then search for 'yourBitcoins'

Donations: 1ENTx3dEUE1KPhWYiAceEEYjnT7GWXeAjp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 02:22:23 PM

There seems to be a lot of attempt to turn up with private solutions.

extracool

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 03:01:01 PM

Maybe one of them will be succeed and that will be good for bitcoin. I encourage people to try them all out.
We are enthusiastic to see bitcoin be used by more people and see helping people close to each other trade in them as valuable. Avoiding having to send cash or a wiretransfer to someone far away is a good thing.
I know there are sites that identify people on the map who use bitcoin, but they expose the persons' personal information. Who knows if some government decides they don't want their citizens using bitcoin at sometime in the future. Do you really want to give them a way to easily lookup users' name and location?

FREE bitcoin spreadsheet - watch your bitcoins value go up and down - whoo
go to Google Docs, File -> New -> From template...
Then search for 'yourBitcoins'

Donations: 1ENTx3dEUE1KPhWYiAceEEYjnT7GWXeAjp
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.