Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:14:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im poor as it gets  (Read 1746 times)
RogerBTCrabbyt (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:04:04 AM

How in hell im supossed to get BTC if im going from bill to bill? I dont have any spare BTC, faucets are jokes, and I cant risk my savings into BTC (small savings anyway).

This is what 99% of people i've talked about conclude with, so they end up ignoring the whole BTC thing, since their (our) life will go on the same as it is now.
oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:29:50 AM

Do you have any skills you can offer for services that people may be willing to pay you in bitcoins for? I know there are a lot of people who started out like you who have offered services and asked to be paid in bitcoins. Also have you taken a look at signature campaigns as well? This may be ideal for someone like you who is not able to invest into bitcoin just yet.
Jesu

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:38:06 AM

Only you can find the ways or will power to create more wealth for yourself. Do extra jobs and try earn a little extra fiat money, then buy small amounts when you can every so often. You'll soon build up some bitcoin wealth, but nothing in life comes easy. If you want something you'll have to work hard and earn it as it's not going to just come to you.
Diabolicus

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:51:00 AM

How in hell im supossed to get BTC if im going from bill to bill?

Same way as you get anything else in life: make a list of things you really want/need, prioritize the items on your list, check your budget, cross out things from your list until what you want equals what you can afford - then buy. If it turns out that BTC is no longer on that list, then either your budget is too small, or your priorities are others (new cellphone? car? TV set? vacations?)

I dont have any spare BTC, faucets are jokes,

Honestly, why should anyone give out BTC for free? This is not how life works, sorry.

and I cant risk my savings into BTC (small savings anyway).

Understandable, and probably a wise decision not to risk life savings however small on a high risk investment. Yet again: no risk, no reward, sorry pal.

This is what 99% of people i've talked about conclude with, so they end up ignoring the whole BTC thing, since their (our) life will go on the same as it is now.

Remains to be seen. Fiat money is a dead end, and the blockchain virus has already been released from Pandora's box, it won't just simply disappear again.

My advice if you really don't have that much to spend on BTC: set aside small amounts, buy whatever fraction of a bitcoin you can afford every month, and keep it safe in cold storage. Then come back in a year and see if it was worth it.
RogerBTCrabbyt (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:00:45 PM

Only you can find the ways or will power to create more wealth for yourself. Do extra jobs and try earn a little extra fiat money, then buy small amounts when you can every so often. You'll soon build up some bitcoin wealth, but nothing in life comes easy. If you want something you'll have to work hard and earn it as it's not going to just come to you.

That's bullshit, early miners and investors got rich with minimum effort (luck). And don't sell me "they took big risks". Nope, some invested a couple dollars then got rich 3 years later. People investing now is the ones taking huge risks.
Bitcoin is a cool technology but it's going nowhere since people like me (the 99%) think we are just serving another 1% elite (the big stakeholders). So everyone i've talked to said they might as well get paid in gov/army backed money rather than put it in some experiment that doesn't really change anything in your life.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:09:08 PM

How in hell im supossed to get BTC if im going from bill to bill? I dont have any spare BTC, faucets are jokes, and I cant risk my savings into BTC (small savings anyway).

There are many ways to get BTC. Faucets are not a joke, just tiny earnings - better than nothing.
Bigger earnings in services likes signature campaigns. Or, run a business.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
RogerBTCrabbyt (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:12:29 PM

How in hell im supossed to get BTC if im going from bill to bill?

Same way as you get anything else in life: make a list of things you really want/need, prioritize the items on your list, check your budget, cross out things from your list until what you want equals what you can afford - then buy. If it turns out that BTC is no longer on that list, then either your budget is too small, or your priorities are others (new cellphone? car? TV set? vacations?)

I dont have any spare BTC, faucets are jokes,

Honestly, why should anyone give out BTC for free? This is not how life works, sorry.

and I cant risk my savings into BTC (small savings anyway).

Understandable, and probably a wise decision not to risk life savings however small on a high risk investment. Yet again: no risk, no reward, sorry pal.

Remains to be seen. Fiat money is a dead end, and the blockchain virus has already been released from Pandora's box, it won't just simply disappear again.

My advice if you really don't have that much to spend on BTC: set aside small amounts, buy whatever fraction of a bitcoin you can afford every month, and keep it safe in cold storage. Then come back in a year and see if it was worth it.

Most people CANT afford doing what you pretend. Dude im all for BTC being a success, im just being realistic, you aren't. For BTC to be a success we need mass adoption, and most people aren't going to risk exchanging their money for BTC. So how do we solve this?
Barnabe

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:15:38 PM

That's bullshit, early miners and investors got rich with minimum effort (luck). And don't sell me "they took big risks". Nope, some invested a couple dollars then got rich 3 years later. People investing now is the ones taking huge risks.
Bitcoin is a cool technology but it's going nowhere since people like me (the 99%) think we are just serving another 1% elite (the big stakeholders). So everyone i've talked to said they might as well get paid in gov/army backed money rather than put it in some experiment that doesn't really change anything in your life.
At the time mining would get you more bitcoin, but their value was much much (much) lower. In average an average Gpu miner could expect to win maximum 1$ per day.
Don't be jalous of early adopters if it was so easy why didn't you mine/bought BTC back then ?

(You can still mine altcoin with your GPU and change them for bitcoins)

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Diabolicus

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:18:01 PM

Leave your money in a bank account and lose what, 2% purchasing power per year? Fine. Or put it into a high risk investment that yielded several hundred % the past years ... your choice really. If you are convinced that this experiment won't change anything in your life, than there is nothing to be sorry about, just keep your happy fiat!
Just don't come back here next year and cry to us because you missed the same boat twice ;-)

Edit:
To clarify, I'm not saying you will get rich quick with BTC, those days are probably long gone. Then again, last year I gave BTC maybe a 20% chance to survive, and now I'd say we are at least at 50%, so even if you invest now and only make 10%/year, you are already far, far better off than with traditional bank savings, don't you think?
RogerBTCrabbyt (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:20:37 PM

Leave your money in a bank account and lose what, 2% purchasing power per year? Fine. Or put it into a high risk investment that yielded several hundred % the past years ... your choice really. If you are convinced that this experiment won't change anything in your life, than there is nothing to be sorry about, just keep your happy fiat!
Just don't come back here next year and cry to us because you missed the same boat twice ;-)

If I invested when BTC was 1000 like a lot of other people did, I would be fucked as we speak.
If I invested 20 bucks back in the day, I would be rich.

This is why people (normal people) aren't getting into BTC, risk reward now is too low.
Diabolicus

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:22:05 PM

If I invested when BTC was 1000 like a lot of other people did, I would be fucked as we speak.

True. But if you had constantly bought 100$ worth of BTC/month over the past year, where would you be then with your investment?
RogerBTCrabbyt (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:27:05 PM

True. But if you had constantly bought 100$ worth of BTC/month over the past year, where would you be then with your investment?

Yeah but let's talk about NOW. By the time most people hear about BTC and what it is, the price will be even higher, so worse than now for them to invest.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:40:42 PM

You know what's bullshit is your attitude.  You want self pity go sit on a street corner and cry one out.

People who bought $3k worth of GPUs when Bitcoin was $20 in August 2011 had to watch Bitcoin drop to $2.  Yeah, no risk there.

There's plenty of people who bought AAPL back when it was cheap and made just as much money - just over a longer scale.

You can't change the past...
Jesu

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:49:17 PM

It can change your life and if you believe in the technology you would get behind it, but you sound like you're just bitter that you didn't get rich quick overnight. The early investors are rewarded for their vision in believing in the technology and investing in it when they did whether they put a little money in or a lot. Sadly, now it just seems to be people getting involved so they can make a quick buck and then complaining when they don't or can't.
Diabolicus

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:52:19 PM

To answer my own question:
A constant 100$/month investment over the past 12 months would have bought you between 3.0 (month's highest price) and 3.5 (month's lowest price) BTC. So even now, at the bottom of a 6 months downtrend, you are still up 25-45%.

However, if you had started buying only 10 months ago in November, you would've accumulated between 1.3 and 2.3 BTC, putting you somewhere between -35% and +15%, which I admit doesn't look so bright any more. In all fairness though, we might see higher prices again soon, and right now everyone would sell their grandma just to get a chance to buy at last year's April bubble peak again ... *shrugs*
Gervais

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:06:27 PM

You wouldn't be "fucked". All you would need to do was hold the coins and hope that they recover and go above and beyond, which I believe they will do.
Yeezus

Activity: 214

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:09:01 PM

Op, you seem to be on the wrong website. Have all you signed up for is to complain? You either believe in bitcoin or you don't. Either try make some coins or inverst in them or don't. It seems to me like you're just trying to troll for reactions here.

Hash Master

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:30:11 PM

Bitcoin is cool, but unless you have a million or two to invest in some hardcore hardware, I don't see how you will get rich. From that point is "rich people getting richer".

Bitcoin is a passion, so maybe you should put some skills to work and leave the passion aside. Most people here have 9 to 5 job and if some of them are on profit, that's just a small addition to the money they make with their skills and no bitcoin mining hardware.

Either way, sorry to hear you're not doing well man. It could happen to anyone. Good luck getting back on your feet again
routecrypto

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:10:18 PM

You could earn some coins posting in the letstalkbitcoin forum, they will pay you for writing articles, listening podcasts etc
Mightycoin

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:40:42 PM

Bitcoin is cool, but unless you have a million or two to invest in some hardcore hardware, I don't see how you will get rich. From that point is "rich people getting richer".

Bitcoin is a passion, so maybe you should put some skills to work and leave the passion aside. Most people here have 9 to 5 job and if some of them are on profit, that's just a small addition to the money they make with their skills and no bitcoin mining hardware.

Either way, sorry to hear you're not doing well man. It could happen to anyone. Good luck getting back on your feet again
I wouldn't agree that to start up with bitcoin you must have a million or two,there are many people every now and then who started low and from scratch and got successful.Bet is you have patience and a bit of mind to play around this BTC thingy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: