Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 04:44:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blocktrail.com | Wallet | Explorer | API  (Read 32025 times)
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:34:46 AM

hi, i just installed blocktrail wallet on my android phone. And i found out about Promo Codes.
what the usage of that promo codes?? and if i want to use it, how to create the promo codes?
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:02:29 PM

I was just checking your website and I see that you finished your wallet . It's looks very simple and I have few awesome suggestions that should make it better if you don't mind of course Smiley

• Ability to import different wallets files [Electrum , Bitcoin Core , Multibit] into it
  • Ability to see all our adresses and have full control of them including Signing and verifying messages
  • SMS  2 Factor authentification
  • Print Paper wallet from our adresses

We will take a look at these suggestions further. Thank you for your feedback, keep it coming!

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
gielbier

Activity: 914
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:06:08 PM

Also please have a look at the QR scanner. I'm getting a forced close on CM11 (4.4.4) @Galaxy S2.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:35:55 PM

Also please have a look at the QR scanner. I'm getting a forced close on CM11 (4.4.4) @Galaxy S2.

I set up a support ticket. Thank and i'll keep you posted.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6188

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:47:38 PM

I was just checking your website and I see that you finished your wallet . It's looks very simple and I have few awesome suggestions that should make it better if you don't mind of course Smiley

• Ability to import different wallets files [Electrum , Bitcoin Core , Multibit] into it
  • Ability to see all our adresses and have full control of them including Signing and verifying messages

We will take a look at these suggestions further. Thank you for your feedback, keep it coming!

I can keep the suggestions coming till the end of the world if you want however Iwant to know if you guys really will take a look on them or not . Also if you could make an email call it suggestions@blocktrail.com or something that would be awesome so we can send suggestions , for the meantime should I keep sending the suggestions here ?

Also I have a question , it says that we have full control on our bitcoins however there isn't the ability to export the private key , so how come we control them Shocked

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 01:29:42 PM

hi, i just installed blocktrail wallet on my android phone. And i found out about Promo Codes.
what the usage of that promo codes?? and if i want to use it, how to create the promo codes?

Hey,

Promo codes are there for when we run promotions. At the moment, users cannot create their own promo codes.

neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 01:49:49 PM

We have updated the front page with our new product and designs. Let us know what you all think.

rubensayshi

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:17:42 PM

I can keep the suggestions coming till the end of the world if you want however Iwant to know if you guys really will take a look on them or not . Also if you could make an email call it suggestions@blocktrail.com or something that would be awesome so we can send suggestions , for the meantime should I keep sending the suggestions here ?

Also I have a question , it says that we have full control on our bitcoins however there isn't the ability to export the private key , so how come we control them Shocked

The Blocktrail wallet is a HD wallet, this means that all your private keys are generated from 1 master key, which is generated in your browser/app and then encrypted with your password before sending it to be stored on the Blocktrail servers.
Additionally the Blocktrail wallet is a multi-signature 2of3 wallet, 1 is your primary master key, 1 is your backup key and the 3rd is the blocktrail server key. 

So because it's a HD wallet you don't need make paper backups of every private key for every address, the first backup is enough for almost infinite amount of addresses.
It's also not recommended to 'export' any of the generated private keys, but more important, because of the multisig nature of the wallet there's no other wallet that by default can import it and can spend the bitcoins.

Your feedback is ofcourse very welcome, I think I explained about the keys, as for the importing of other wallets, the only way of doing this is by sweeping those wallets and moving the bitcoin into a new address, I think you're right that it's a nice feature to have to be able to do this in our wallet for users who want to switch, I will put it on the list but I have to admit that atm there's a lot of other things that are higher on priority then this one.

We have two-factor authentication using Google Authenticator (or Authy) already, is there any reason you prefer SMS over those?
The main reason for us prefering Google Authenticator over raw SMS is that the costs of an SMS every time someone logs in or does a transaction get's expensive pretty quickly!
We are planning to add a fallback to SMS though incase someone looses his Google Authenticator.

PS1. There's support@blocktrail.com and anything going there will be processed and answered asap!
PS2. When we say "full control over your bitcoins" the thing we actually mean / value is; "Blocktrail does not have access to / control over your bitcoins".
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:45:05 PM

Thank you for your response Mister the CTO Grin

Now I understand I suppose , but in case BlockTrail goes down for one reason or another how are we supposed to get our bitcoins back if one of the private keys is stored on your servers as you are saying since it's Multi signature wallet ? Because I'am not sure what each of the Encrypted Primary Seed , Backup Seed , Encrypted Recovery Seed are used for because I don't see any settings to be able to import them .
However at the end of the PDF file I see that we should use your SDK and I think this is one bad thing , isn't ? I mean for people who don't have knowledge in programming it would be little bit hard to do honestly .
Also not to make Blockchain.info looks like bad or anything but could you please tell me what should make me switch from their wallet to your wallet .

Also at the end , you said there is somethings that have more priority on the meantime , could we know what are those things and could we expect updates soon ? Grin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:57:22 PM

Great site. Blocktrail.com became my favorite site to check Bitcoin addresses and transactions. I like the layout. It is very user-friendly. Some more charts would be great.
neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 03:57:51 PM

Great site. Blocktrail.com became my favorite site to check Bitcoin addresses and transactions. I like the layout. It is very user-friendly. Some more charts would be great.

Thanks a lot for that Smiley

At the moment we are working around the clock to iron out bugs and get the wallet working at top notch. We intend to add more charts someday, hopefully soon. Smiley

neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 12:25:24 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 12:56:57 PM by neutraLTC

Thank you for your response Mister the CTO Grin

Now I understand I suppose , but in case BlockTrail goes down for one reason or another how are we supposed to get our bitcoins back if one of the private keys is stored on your servers as you are saying since it's Multi signature wallet ? Because I'am not sure what each of the Encrypted Primary Seed , Backup Seed , Encrypted Recovery Seed are used for because I don't see any settings to be able to import them .
However at the end of the PDF file I see that we should use your SDK and I think this is one bad thing , isn't ? I mean for people who don't have knowledge in programming it would be little bit hard to do honestly .
Also not to make Blockchain.info looks like bad or anything but could you please tell me what should make me switch from their wallet to your wallet .

Also at the end , you said there is somethings that have more priority on the meantime , could we know what are those things and could we expect updates soon ? Grin

I've already answered your question on the other thread about the private keys: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1180096.msg12426557#msg12426557

Also to answer your question about switching from blockchain.info, i'll try to be as objective as possible.

The features:

on the mobile app we believe we have created a very user friendly interface that we hope should allow anybody to start using bitcoin. We have some nice features that blockchain.info lack, such as the ability to send to contacts in your phone without having to ever request an address from that user (one is generate automatically for their wallet). We also use the names and profile pictures of your contacts so you can easily see who a transaction was sent to or received from.
Another nice feature is on the transaction display. You can see what the value of the transaction was at the time it was sent, and compare it to the value now to see how much it has grown/decreased in value in your local currency.
The wallet also supports bitcoin URIs, so if you click on a bitcoin hyperlink it will launch the app automatically and fill in the address and amount on the send screen. We also have dynamic fees integrated, so when someone decides to do a stress test on the network your transaction will still have a higher chance of getting into the next block.
What else....we're multi-platform ( iOS, android and web browser...like bc.info), have a qr scanner in the app, generate new addresses automatically whenever you go to the receive screen (which you can copy, email or sms to someone). Oh and you can specify the amount to receive and the generated QR code will include this.

And now the technical aspects

Firstly bc.info is not an HD (hierarchical deterministic) wallet. So for every address you generate, you need to backup the private key separately. If you ever lose one of those backups you have no way to recover the funds held in that address. You also end up with an insane amount of backups (as you should not be reusing addresses, and generating a new one every time you receive funds). With our HD wallet you can create a near infinite amount of addresses and only ever need a single backup of a master private key.
Another advantage to using HD wallets is that we are able to generate new receiving addresses for a wallet without even needing their private keys. This allows you to never have to reuse addresses (which is bad for both parties' privacy) and still be able to send to someone without needing them to manually generate an address and send it to you.

Then there is the fact that we're using multi-signature technology, 2-of-3 to be specific. There are a lot of security advantages to multisig and features that we'll be able to add (such as spending limits, kill switches, address whitelists, etc) that will help you have greater control over your bitcoins and security against theft and hackers. It also means that you can use blocktrail as a service without ever having to give us access to or control over your bitcoins, and if anything were to ever happen to blocktrail you'd still be able to access your bitcoins and send them to another wallet. This includes if we get hacked. The hackers wont have enough information to do anything to your wallet, unlike with bc.info in which case they have an encrypted private key which they could brute-force attempt, rainbow table or use some other method to crack and then empty the funds in your address.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:04:36 PM

You definitly convinced me for what comes to the Features part , now I have a question and that's why I recommended SMS Two factor authentification because I don't get how this one works .
It says either download GOogle Authentificator or Authy and scan using your Smartphone but I don't have one honestly , I have a tablet but too lazy to use it .
however it asks me also to type that code manually as another option , but when it type it on the next TextBox it says it's Invalid token what I'am supposed to do ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rusticforester

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:15:14 PM

I just sign up to blocktrail wallet as a recommendation from a friend, I do not own any bitcoin yet so hopefully soon Smiley

Because the address starts with a 3, does that mean its a multi signature? I cannot import my private key to another wallet?

Thank You, It looks great.
rik3

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:21:47 PM

this is the one of the best block explorer but i will still prefer blockchain as the number 1 blockexplorer till now because it is not viewable at some devices

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:41:25 PM

I believe I just found a bug or something , let's get started :

First day I made my account on BlockTrail it asked me to download a PDF file and keep it safe , which I did and printed and now it's asking me once again and I'am not why .

All informations between first and second PDF are totally different (Seed and all) but what I noticed that it totally different is this (first PDF wouldn't make sense if it only says blocktrail-wallet to be honest , second should be the correct one I guess) :

First PDF :   on the "Wallet Identifier" Part on the first page it says blocktrail-wallet and that's it .
Second PDF :   on the "Wallet Identifier" Part on the first page aswell it says blocktrail-wallet-randomStuff

randomStuff represent some random letters and numbers , I just didn't want to post incase that can be used to get my wallet .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 04:51:28 PM

First day I made my account on BlockTrail it asked me to download a PDF file and keep it safe , which I did and printed and now it's asking me once again and I'am not why .

All informations between first and second PDF are totally different (Seed and all) but what I noticed that it totally different is this (first PDF wouldn't make sense if it only says blocktrail-wallet to be honest , second should be the correct one I guess) :

First PDF :   on the "Wallet Identifier" Part on the first page it says blocktrail-wallet and that's it .
Second PDF :   on the "Wallet Identifier" Part on the first page aswell it says blocktrail-wallet-randomStuff

randomStuff represent some random letters and numbers , I just didn't want to post incase that can be used to get my wallet .

I've sent this to our developers. Stand by for more info, i'll PM you when I get a response.

rubensayshi

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:15:48 PM

I've sent this to our developers. Stand by for more info, i'll PM you when I get a response.

Ouch, painful bug! Sorry about that, we rolled out an update that adds the 'randomStuff' at the end, but the wallet didn't properly recognise the fact that a wallet already existed ...

I've fixed the issue;
 - if you had a balance on the first wallet then if you logout -> login it will log you back into the first wallet.
 - if you did not have a balance on the first wallet then if you logout -> login it will log out back into the second wallet.

in both cases the other wallet is not lost, you just can't get to it anymore until we add the feature to manage multiple wallets to the GUI (in a future update).

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:29:35 PM

Ouch, painful bug! Sorry about that, we rolled out an update that adds the 'randomStuff' at the end, but the wallet didn't properly recognise the fact that a wallet already existed ...

I've fixed the issue;
 - if you had a balance on the first wallet then if you logout -> login it will log you back into the first wallet.
 - if you did not have a balance on the first wallet then if you logout -> login it will log out back into the second wallet.

in both cases the other wallet is not lost, you just can't get to it anymore until we add the feature to manage multiple wallets to the GUI (in a future update).

Thanks for fixing this even if I didn't much understand how and what I'am supposed to do now . I had no balance but I don't see any tab to choose between wallets , should I simply login and I'am fine ?
and which PDF backup should I keep , both of them ? also if you could answer my question above about the Two factor authentification please because I want to enable it before I start depositing into my wallet .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 10:26:28 AM

I've fixed the issue;

Thanks for fixing this even if I didn't much understand how and what I'am supposed to do now . I had no balance but I don't see any tab to choose between wallets , should I simply login and I'am fine ?
and which PDF backup should I keep , both of them ? also if you could answer my question above about the Two factor authentification please because I want to enable it before I start depositing into my wallet .

Both wallets are safe we are currently working on adding the "manage other wallets tab" You can simply login and you are fine, if you add bitcoin you will always login to the wallet with bitcoin.

Keep both PDF's to be safe.

Two factor authentication(2FA) works on the mobile app, it only asks you for that when you first login. We are aware that 99% of users have the 2FA app on their phones so that's why we only ask for it when you first login. Later on we might make it optional, we're considering various scenarios.

Thank you

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: