Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:42:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Callout BFL on uncompleted Monarch raffle giveaway  (Read 1364 times)
deepceleron (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 07:25:40 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 07:36:59 AM by deepceleron

BFL_Josh posted on 3/29 about a giveaway of a Monarch 28nm miner on the BFL forum:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/8203-win-butterfly-labs-imperial-monarch.html

In exchange for spamming up this forum's trust system, he offers to give away hardware to entrants:

Win a Butterfly Labs Imperial Monarch!
1. One entry per person, per day.
2. Entries will consist of 3 positive and 3 negative Trust entries on Bitcointalk.org to the accounts specified. (Listed below)
3. Entries will close the day we ship our first Monarch product to a paying customer. Entries will be accepted up to 23:59 UTC of that day.
4. The winner will be chosen at random via the next block on or after 00:00 (midnight) UTC the day after we begin shipping.

They have begun shipping: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8758-now-they-shipping-whos-had-one-whats-deal-4.html#post85582  That poster shared his tracking info for a package sent 8/26.

It is therefore past the date of #3 and #4. No list of final entrants has been published, which is required for openness before a blockchain-picked raffle. There has been no activity on the raffle giveaway thread for months. I do not have an account on that forum; I discovered the contest looking at backlinks to my site's pages with the raffle picker. I am just interested in keeping this contest and BFL honest for everyone that wasted their time entering.

screenshot of complete raffle post for posterity: http://we.lovebitco.in/img/bflrafflescreenshot.png
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:09:56 AM

BFL_Josh posted on 3/29 about a giveaway of a Monarch 28nm miner on the BFL forum:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/8203-win-butterfly-labs-imperial-monarch.html

In exchange for spamming up this forum's trust system, he offers to give away hardware to entrants:

Win a Butterfly Labs Imperial Monarch!
1. One entry per person, per day.
2. Entries will consist of 3 positive and 3 negative Trust entries on Bitcointalk.org to the accounts specified. (Listed below)
3. Entries will close the day we ship our first Monarch product to a paying customer. Entries will be accepted up to 23:59 UTC of that day.
4. The winner will be chosen at random via the next block on or after 00:00 (midnight) UTC the day after we begin shipping.

They have begun shipping: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8758-now-they-shipping-whos-had-one-whats-deal-4.html#post85582  That poster shared his tracking info for a package sent 8/26.

It is therefore past the date of #3 and #4. No list of final entrants has been published, which is required for openness before a blockchain-picked raffle. There has been no activity on the raffle giveaway thread for months. I do not have an account on that forum; I discovered the contest looking at backlinks to my site's pages with the raffle picker. I am just interested in keeping this contest and BFL honest for everyone that wasted their time entering.

screenshot of complete raffle post for posterity: http://we.lovebitco.in/img/bflrafflescreenshot.png

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Those participating in this raffle deserve absolutely nothing other than a negative trust rating along with BFL and BFL posers.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 09:58:52 AM

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

I also love how before this contest, no-one dared to give negative feedback to the BFL accounts in case it fired back on them. Now look at them, eh?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:48:13 AM

Duhhh https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/8203-win-butterfly-labs-imperial-monarch-6.html#post85630

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 10:15:09 AM

Pretty sure BFL_Josh made that post after this thread was made, rofl. I don't know what timezone Bitcointalk and the BFL Forums use, if they're the same, then BFL_Josh made that thread 12 hours after this thread was made.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:21:03 AM

Pretty sure BFL_Josh made that post after this thread was made, rofl. I don't know what timezone Bitcointalk and the BFL Forums use, if they're the same, then BFL_Josh made that thread 12 hours after this thread was made.
He also announced he was compiling the list 4 minutes after georgecummings asked who won. But for the whining club with nobody bickfailsky jumping in, another reason to call fail. The same bickfailsky btw who abused the trust system from the day he noticed it, and was the inspiration to make the contest. So it is also prove that the trust system sucks, is misused, and can be manipulated easily.  rofl

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Prez

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:12:15 PM

OOOh BFL you have it coming.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:11:20 PM

You think?

LOL! Guys a piece of work eh?

Never buy BFL or EMC is the best advice anyone can give. Even better don't game the trust system with faux contests littered with your own alt accounts. That is the biggest no no right?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: