Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:32:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawkins: Immoral Not To Abort Down’s Syndrome Child  (Read 5893 times)
greeneye222

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:01:58 PM

Hmmm... I want that dawkins guy to look at his child now and imagine him/her with down syndrome. I dont think he can abort it. If he can, then he is not to be a father
StallionOne

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:37:14 PM

Why is it immoral? Killing an innocent child is immoral. Dawkins should fill up an ISIS application form
Stalkhome

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:42:44 PM

Why is it immoral? Killing an innocent child is immoral. Dawkins should fill up an ISIS application form

Unfair for the child. He will suffer for the rest of his/her life
indoboycoiner

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:44:01 PM

Theres a lot that you should need to consider here. I couldnt blame him on his statement
Kolakazki

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:48:48 PM

Theres a lot that you should need to consider here. I couldnt blame him on his statement

What should you consider? Like what?
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:03:49 PM

A lot of mental gymnastics being played here Cheesy

Semantics and games too. There's that escape button called 'ignore' if you can't handle being put in the spot light. More than a few opted to do so since they ran out of bull shit to throw down, but that's what passes for 'educated' these days.

Dawkins is a small boy playing with his mouth - plain and simple. He should head back on to the labs and leave the public bitching work to professionals like al sharpton or democrats.
fussel-fuel-four

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:45:33 PM

I know some people with Down's Syndrome and they are friendly, kind, and caring. It comes down to whether your are pro-abortion or pro-life.
Bonam

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:10:30 PM

It's not moral or immoral. It's a choice that is best left up to the parents. Yes, a Down's Syndrome child is likely (with occasional exceptions) to be a drain on society, but that is not enough to make it immoral to let them be born, after all, close to half the population is likely a "drain on society". Personally, I think having a child with no serious disorders is challenging enough, and would not want the extra burden of caring for a child with this kind of issue, nor do I believe that they would be likely to live a full life. I would likely do as Dawkin's said... try again. But, other individuals may make a different choice, and that is entirely up to them. Trying to dictate morality in matters that should be left up to free choice is counterproductive.
fussel-fuel-four

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:22:11 PM

I agree. Abortion itself is immoral.

They are suffering. I know Down Syndrome People, and they are happy!

Thats like saying you should commit suicide if you are a paralyzed from the waist down...
MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:36:18 PM

I know some people with Down's Syndrome and they are friendly, kind, and caring. It comes down to whether your are pro-abortion or pro-life.

I've met a few in my life time and they actually seem happier than a lot of 'normal' people. Dawkin's comments were wrong on this.

Semantics and games too. There's that escape button called 'ignore' if you can't handle being put in the spot light. More than a few opted to do so since they ran out of bull shit to throw down, but that's what passes for 'educated' these days.

Dawkins is a small boy playing with his mouth - plain and simple. He should head back on to the labs and leave the public bitching work to professionals like al sharpton or democrats.

The irony is that you seem to think you're what passes for educated these days, shame you're too ignorant to see that. I also find it laughable and furthermore ironic that you often seem to complain about small boys running their mouth and bitching when that's literally all you do, except unlike Dawkins and those you often criticize they dont just do it from hiding behind a computer screen

Honeypot

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:46:03 PM

I've met a few in my life time and they actually seem happier than a lot of 'normal' people. Dawkin's comments were wrong on this.

The irony is that you seem to think you're what passes for educated these days, shame you're too ignorant to see that. I also find it laughable and furthermore ironic that you often seem to complain about small boys running their mouth and bitching when that's literally all you do, except unlike Dawkins and those you often criticize they dont just do it from hiding behind a computer screen

Worry not, my identity is no secret Smiley

Feel free to visit anytime, friend.

In the mean time, you obviously haven't done some much needed self reflection. That comes after you learn to watch your mouth. I haven't heard anything constructive from you besides bitching. I outlined my thoughts clearly - and all anyone could do in return was 'i dun wanna'.

So I presented an equitable trade of my impression of such people.

Clear enough?
MUFC

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:05:55 PM

Worry not, my identity is no secret Smiley

Feel free to visit anytime, friend.

In the mean time, you obviously haven't done some much needed self reflection. That comes after you learn to watch your mouth. I haven't heard anything constructive from you besides bitching. I outlined my thoughts clearly - and all anyone could do in return was 'i dun wanna'.

So I presented an equitable trade of my impression of such people.

Clear enough?

It's a secret to me. Feel free to post as much details as you like though, not that I really care, but I think you may be under the impression that you've offered something constructive above, but all I see is more bitching and weirdly talking like a child 'i dun wanna'? What is that meant to be or is that some sort of attempt at a puerile putdown? There's nothing of value in your above post at all unless you seem to think telling people to 'watch their mouth' is some kind of valid point.

Honeypot

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:09:41 PM

Life begins at conception.

There are few instances there abortion is an option - primarily those concerning pregnancy due to violence, rape, incest, or a situation where carrying through the pregnancy would most definitely cost the life of the mother.

In the last case, it is a matter of weighing one life for another. It would be up to the mother, medical professionals, and involved people to make the decision.

The idea that abortion is a female rights issue or bitching about 'stay out of my womb' 'don't try to control my womb' is a laughable idea. Even if females contribute a great deal to the pregnancy, it does not give them the right to terminate life as they see fit. It is one of the greatest dilemma and loaded issue - while a woman may acknowledge her importance in the event, it is impertinent to think that she gets to call the shots on whether her baby gets to live or not.

It is not her body. It's the baby's life. Sometimes, it's not always about a woman's body.

That being said, aborting a child due to severe defect is a matter left up to the medical professionals, not 'thinkers' and 'educated' peoples who believes morality and ethics is their domain (LOL).

There you go, my stance on the issue addressed to the letter Smiley

Whether you 'feel' I am anything other than reasonable is irrelevant. I have shown my stance and have explained in detail why my impression of your kind is a valid one, one which you didn't even try to argue.

Your feelings are worth as much as your opinions, when you cannot argue the facts.
MUFC

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:19:23 PM

And your opinions are worth about as much as your feelings. You just seem to have some stock responses that you just like to copy and paste over and over. I don't really know what facts I've got to argue here either, but I see I'm not going to get anything enlightening out of you, especially after seeing the post you just quoted.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:35:58 PM

I believe you meant "unfair for the parents. They will have no more night life"...

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:28:37 PM

There are few instances there abortion is an option - primarily those concerning pregnancy due to violence, rape, incest, or a situation where carrying through the pregnancy would most definitely cost the life of the mother.

In the last case, it is a matter of weighing one life for another. It would be up to the mother, medical professionals, and involved people to make the decision.

The idea that abortion is a female rights issue or bitching about 'stay out of my womb' 'don't try to control my womb' is a laughable idea. Even if females contribute a great deal to the pregnancy, it does not give them the right to terminate life as they see fit. It is one of the greatest dilemma and loaded issue - while a woman may acknowledge her importance in the event, it is impertinent to think that she gets to call the shots on whether her baby gets to live or not.

It is not her body. It's the baby's life. Sometimes, it's not always about a woman's body.

That being said, aborting a child due to severe defect is a matter left up to the medical professionals, not 'thinkers' and 'educated' peoples who believes morality and ethics is their domain (LOL).

Exactly, the freedom of choice on what to do with your body ends where your body stops and where another body begins.

If you vary another body inside you, even if that body is 1 second old. You are now not only responsible for your own body, but for the body of your child as well.

If you do anything that could damage your baby's body it's (attempted) murder, this includes unhealthy diet, smoking, use of alcohol during pregnancy, use of drugs, risky sports, etc.

Abortion is not a choice a woman can make, because it decides not the fate of her body, but the fate if her child's body. It's killing another human life.

Otherwise I could also provide the argument: "I have the authority to kill the person in front of my because  he walked into my personal space, and I should have the freedom to do whatever I want in my personal space"

Which is of course a ridiculous argument.

Our freedom ends where it interferes with the freedom of others. Period.
Honeypot

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:34:47 PM

And your opinions are worth about as much as your feelings. You just seem to have some stock responses that you just like to copy and paste over and over. I don't really know what facts I've got to argue here either, but I see I'm not going to get anything enlightening out of you, especially after seeing the post you just quoted.

Of course, leave it up to fools to not understand the difference between facts and opinions Smiley

Enlighten yourself with what's difficult to hear, instead of chasing after convenient lies. Too hard to get it through your thick ass skull? Or do you need someone to repeat themselves because you lack the ability to understand what's in front of you?
MUFC

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:45:06 PM

Of course, leave it up to fools to not understand the difference between facts and opinions Smiley

Enlighten yourself with what's difficult to hear, instead of chasing after convenient lies. Too hard to get it through your thick ass skull? Or do you need someone to repeat themselves because you lack the ability to understand what's in front of you?

Lol, the irony once again. You clearly don't know the difference between facts and opinions. Posting irrelevant nonsense and coming out with childishness isn't the way to win an argument but you sadly seem to think it is, it just makes me pity you even more, so keep trying.

Honeypot

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:46:44 PM

Lol, the irony once again. You clearly don't know the difference between facts and opinions. Posting irrelevant nonsense and coming out with childishness isn't the way to win an argument but you sadly seem to think it is, it just makes me pity you even more, so keep trying.

Smiley

Conception is not dependent upon your feelings. Hard to understand?

That's a fact. Get the idea?

Honeypot

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:49:08 PM

Exactly, the freedom of choice on what to do with your body ends where your body stops and where another body begins.

If you vary another body inside you, even if that body is 1 second old. You are now not only responsible for your own body, but for the body of your child as well.

If you do anything that could damage your baby's body it's (attempted) murder, this includes unhealthy diet, smoking, use of alcohol during pregnancy, use of drugs, risky sports, etc.

Abortion is not a choice a woman can make, because it decides not the fate of her body, but the fate if her child's body. It's killing another human life.

Otherwise I could also provide the argument: "I have the authority to kill the person in front of my because  he walked into my personal space, and I should have the freedom to do whatever I want in my personal space"

Which is of course a ridiculous argument.

Our freedom ends where it interferes with the freedom of others. Period.

Common sense escapes people in these parts. They wouldn't get anything unless someone takes em by the cuffs and beat it into them, a fitting way to teach these cheeky fucks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: