Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:09:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawkins: Immoral Not To Abort Down’s Syndrome Child  (Read 5887 times)
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:37:45 PM

Wilikon, the first example of eugenics comes from God, in Genesis, when he cleanses the world of "wickedness", Noah's flood, the water symbolizes cleansing the world.

So it is OK for eugenics to play God, especially when they are atheists like dawkins (not saying he believes in eugenics but...)?

"If God did it in a book of fiction I don't believe in, that gives me the right to do it and impose my self indulged righteousness upon others!"

Yep. Thank you for using the Bible as an example for what dawkins believes...  Grin Cheesy Grin

That wasn't what I was implying, I'm just saying that it is a poor argument from the religious folk.

I researched a lot on Eugenics last year, and it turns out, the religious did it the most.

I did not know adolph was such a religious dude, when most know how passionate he felt about eugenics and trying so hard to keep his score on top of the killing pyramid...

But you may be right: religious folks did worse than him and his belief in Übermensch, based on your research last year...  Roll Eyes

A belief in Ubermensch, untouchables in Hinduism, infidels in Islam, apostates in Christianity

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:41:23 PM

Wilikon, the first example of eugenics comes from God, in Genesis, when he cleanses the world of "wickedness", Noah's flood, the water symbolizes cleansing the world.

So it is OK for eugenics to play God, especially when they are atheists like dawkins (not saying he believes in eugenics but...)?

"If God did it in a book of fiction I don't believe in, that gives me the right to do it and impose my self indulged righteousness upon others!"

Yep. Thank you for using the Bible as an example for what dawkins believes...  Grin Cheesy Grin

That wasn't what I was implying, I'm just saying that it is a poor argument from the religious folk.

I researched a lot on Eugenics last year, and it turns out, the religious did it the most.

I did not know adolph was such a religious dude, when most know how passionate he felt about eugenics and trying so hard to keep his score on top of the killing pyramid...

But you may be right: religious folks did worse than him and his belief in Übermensch, based on your research last year...  Roll Eyes

A belief in Ubermensch, untouchables in Hinduism, infidels in Islam, apostates in Christianity

Even if you include islam it is not enough to out score adolph's killing spree and his belief in eugenics... According to my research last year... Wink

awesome31312

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:40:02 PM

Hitler was either carrying out Eugenics, or he was following the Bible (The word "Holocaust" comes from the Bible, and translates from Hebrew to "A sacrifical burnt offering")

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:50:42 PM

No christian 'apostate' in mainstream christianity has to flee to another 'free' country in fear of their lives.

It's laughable how people think they can take pot shots are christianity to somehow paint theirs in less than negative light.
awesome31312

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:44:44 PM

No christian 'apostate' in mainstream christianity has to flee to another 'free' country in fear of their lives.

It's laughable how people think they can take pot shots are christianity to somehow paint theirs in less than negative light.

Unless you're in Uganda

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:16:44 PM

Hitler was either carrying out Eugenics, or he was following the Bible (The word "Holocaust" comes from the Bible, and translates from Hebrew to "A sacrifical burnt offering")

I did not know hitler himself not only had named his own death plan "The Holocaust" but also could have been following the Bible, a book mostly about... Jews? Interesting. Yeah, I have the feeling he was carrying out his eugenics vision into reality....

Funny you mention hitler. Did you know he was not a fan of Down syndrome babies? He found a way to deal with them.
What Would Dawkins Do?

awesome31312

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:25:00 PM

I did not know hitler himself not only had named his own death plan "The Holocaust" but also could have been following the Bible, a book mostly about... Jews? Interesting. Yeah, I have the feeling he was carrying out his eugenics vision into reality....

Funny you mention hitler. Did you know he was not a fan of Down syndrome babies? He found a way to deal with them.
What Would Dawkins Do?

Argumentum Ad Hitlerium

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:35:35 AM

What Would Dawkins Do?

Argumentum Ad Hitlerium

Funny you mention hitler... Again. I guess you agree with dawkings and his position regarding DS babies if you keep talking about anything but him.

Full Spectrum

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:53:14 AM

I'll say having children period is immoral, your bringing them into a world where they will feel pain, where their labor will be taxed away at every turn. Better not to have children at all, gives more wealth to the people already living.

-Capitalism is the greatest threat to free markets
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:42:13 AM

I'm heartless sometimes in this case I think that it's a choice in the end
But I would say aborting is a reasonable decision here if the child would suffer for their life because of it then one could persist through but in honesty it really is a tough choice to make.
People who are arguing from their viewpoint have a right to opinion and discussion and I would also do a half assed apology for these people sure your entitled to your opinion don't spoon feed me your bull because you think I offended you for speaking my mind.

(that said there is such a thing as tact in your word choice and there are much better ways to get the same message across here)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
awesome31312

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:32:41 PM

I'll say having children period is immoral, you're bringing them into a world where they will feel pain, where their labor will be taxed away at every turn. Better not to have children at all, gives more wealth to the people already living.

That's Buddhist ideology, and I totally agree

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:38:41 PM

We all struggle to live. A Down's kid is struggling to live even harder. Aborting a kid who is struggling so hard to live sounds cruel to me.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:21:18 PM

I'll say having children period is immoral, your bringing them into a world where they will feel pain, where their labor will be taxed away at every turn. Better not to have children at all, gives more wealth to the people already living.

Not everyone were born in a test tube, without parents like you... Roll Eyes Wink Roll Eyes

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:17:19 PM

Not everyone were born in a test tube, without parents like you... Roll Eyes Wink Roll Eyes

Now, now. Be gentle. Full Spectrum doesn't realize that he isn't as full as he thinks he is.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:38:58 PM

Now, now. Be gentle. Full Spectrum doesn't realize that he isn't as full as he thinks he is.

Smiley

As long as he realizes he had to be alive, feel pain and pay taxes to let the world knows everyone else should stop procreate after his birth AND share their wealth (to him who else). Of course if he was born without a navel in a Martian lab then I stand corrected  Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

Smiley

As long as he realizes he had to be alive, feel pain and pay taxes to let the world knows everyone else should stop procreate after his birth AND share their wealth (to him who else). Of course if he was born without a navel in a Martian lab then I stand corrected  Smiley

Of course the kids he is talking about will feel pain. But they will have a lot of fun making more kids who will feel pain and have a lot of fun making more kids who will feel pain and have a lot of fun making more kids who will feel pain and have a lot of fun making................

Smiley

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:02:00 AM

Obviously it is up to each family to do what they believe is the right thing for them, I would never judge anybody having to decide whether to abort a child. But, much as I admire Richard Dawkins, that is precisely what I object to him doing. He says not aborting a fetus is "immoral" - why? And who is he to judge?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:57:47 PM

I think Down's syndrome is a special case because many can live worthwhile lives and give pleasure to those around them. Of course they do require some additional support and if the parents, who are often older than the average because of the way Down's is generated, may become ill or even die before their Down's offspring - who are now living longer than the three or four decades that they used to. But society is prepared to support people who are fit and healthy but unemployable for whatever reason.

awesome31312

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:42:17 PM

What's a fun fact is that Stephen Hawkings would have been declared unfit and denied a right to live, sending us back about forty years in astrophysics.

Mr.Bitty

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:24:24 PM

He's got a point, ya know. It's not just an issue of the child's rights, either, it's an issue of responsibility. Most parents can't afford to pay for the medical costs of raising children with certain disorders, yet choose to have them anyway knowing full well they'll be a tax burden on society. I kind of have a problem with that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
( DICEBITCO.IN | → BE THE BANK! ←| BEAUTIFUL UI | @Official Thread | @Twitter)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: