- works like a native app with iPhone - easy and fast
- also works the same way in android
- Easy to use currency conversions
- Anonymity & privacy: new bitcoin addresses generated generously, and all bitcoins within the service are mixed => very good level of privacy provided, outsiders can't figure out your financial information from your purchases/transactions
(note: the static address and transaction history is enabled by default, because the wallet is targeted towards newbies. Turn these features off, if you want anonymity/privacy.)
- Fees are 0.002BTC per outgoing transaction, which includes bitcoin network fee. Transactions between easywallet instances are free and instant.
To create a new wallet: https://easywallet.org
FAQ etc.: https://easywallet.org/faq
Also includes simple API. I myself have a very simple setup, where my wallet has always at least certain amount of bitcoins in it (min 50 EUR, max 100 EUR, for example). If I receive too much bitcoins, or the exchange rate goes up, the cron script automatically deducts from my easywallet. Or when I spend too much bitcoins, drinking at Room 77, the script automatically reloads my wallet each hour.https://github.com/kangasbros/Easywallet.org-tools
Coupon feature: https://easywallet.org/coupons
Perfect for re-selling bitcoins easily to your friends!
The security precautions:
- Encrypted everything: All private keys and other crucial information is stored on ecrypted truecrypt volumes. This protects against Linode-style attacks, because if you reboot the server you need to mount the devices.
- Tor: all outgoing connections are done via Tor. This adds anonymity.
- Key hashing: only salted hashes are stored in the database. If the attacker gets the database, it isn't possible for him to get the actual URL keys. This means also that the admin of the site can't figure out the secret URLs.
- Hourly backups.
Any feature requests, feedback, etc. very welcome!