Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:08:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPEx soon out of beta.  (Read 2238 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:08:42 PM

I believe the onus is on you to back up your claim

You are thinking in terms of collaborative research, which indeed works in the way you describe. We are not however having a competition to establish the truth here. A company made some determinations and explained its reasoning. The later part was not either necessary or common, but since this happens to be a pretty open company it tends to do that sort of thing. Whether you are persuaded or not by this is irrelevant, given the economical asymmetry: they have money riding on the correctness of their determinations, you do not. Seeing how research in general costs money, your position on the matter is dubious: sure, you may be unconvinced, but no, there's no "onus" in this context. Otherwise, time, by which we mean of course the market, will tell.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 10:16:56 PM

I believe the onus is on you to back up your claim

You are thinking in terms of collaborative research, which indeed works in the way you describe. We are not however having a competition to establish the truth here. A company made some determinations and explained its reasoning. The later part was not either necessary or common, but since this happens to be a pretty open company it tends to do that sort of thing. Whether you are persuaded or not by this is irrelevant, given the economical asymmetry: they have money riding on the correctness of their determinations, you do not. Seeing how research in general costs money, your position on the matter is dubious: sure, you may be unconvinced, but no, there's no "onus" in this context. Otherwise, time, by which we mean of course the market, will tell.

No, I'm thinking in terms of basic logic. The person who makes a claim (you) has the onus of providing evidence in order to support that claim.

It's true that whether or not I'm persuaded may be of no consequence to you, but since you made the post in order to promote your business, I'm guessing persuasion was indeed a motive.

All of your efforts to dance around a quite reasonable (and harmless) request for the basis of your belief aren't lending you much credibility. If you truly don't care about that, though, carry on.
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 02:24:00 AM

Anyway, you keep talking about liquidity but for some reason you don't seem to notice that glbse has absolutely no liquidity to begin with. 4@0.6, 9@0.1024 and 1@0.99999999 plus twenty bucks buys you a restaurant meal, and these are the top three right now. So in the end what are we talking about, you really think it's a big deal to beat 5 btc "liquidity"?
This is an oddity in the way GLBSE displays volume (which IMHO is useless). That column just displays the last trade. It is not a cumulative total. A better measure of liquidity would be, for example, 24 h volume.

MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 11:25:14 AM

This is an oddity in the way GLBSE displays volume (which IMHO is
useless).

TBH I have a lot of trouble understanding the stats there, so maybe I just
misunderstand.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
mila

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 02:13:41 PM

This is an oddity in the way GLBSE displays volume (which IMHO is
useless).

TBH I have a lot of trouble understanding the stats there, so maybe I just
misunderstand.

glbse volume stats at the moment show only the total trading volume of the asset since the 2.0 inception (or ipo if later than 2.0 went live)
we're still waiting for finer reports (list of trades, daily/weekly volume)

your ad here:
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: