Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:05:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Im in the UK, whats the best way to buy bitcoins?  (Read 3453 times)
bterrier (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 04:53:58 PM

I live in the UK and was wondering what is the fastest way for me to buy some bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 05:01:19 PM

intersango
intersango

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 05:05:45 PM

If you don't have a friend with bitcoin who is willing to sell them to you, the best option is to buy bitcoin off an exchange.

Lucky for you, being based in the UK means that you can use Intersango, the largest GBP/Bitcoin exchange in the world.

Assuming you have online banking, once you have set up an account on Intersango.com on average it takes an hour to make a payment to your account (providing your bank supports fasterpayments and processes the payment quickly).

As well as being the largest GBP/Bitcoin market we also have the best customer service.

If you have any questions on ANYTHING just email support@intersango.com
bterrier (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 05:08:04 PM

Cool, who do I use if I want to trade for dollars or euros? I don't have much but I'd like to use them as well.
intersango

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 05:13:46 PM

Cool, who do I use if I want to trade for dollars or euros? I don't have much but I'd like to use them as well.

Intersango also have some of the largest USD, PLN and Euro bitcoin markets, and you can trade with them all from your one Intersango.com account.

For Euro payments you can make a SEPA transfer, it takes 3 days on average and is very cheap, for USD payments we accept Dwolla, also a fast and cheap payment method.
alexbishops

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 05:17:25 PM

I've successfully used MtGox. They have a UK bank account so you can send funds directly to it without any fees etc. This then allows you to bid for BTC on the MtGox exchange. I had the funds in my MtGox account within 24 hours of sending them money from my bank account.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 06:19:31 PM

You can use a UK banks Internet banking to deposit at Intersango within a hour and withdrawals are pretty fast too usually within 24hrs. 

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 11:10:12 PM

Are there any options yet for depositing cash at a bank in the U.K. for those who don't have a bank account?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

alexbishops

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 12:19:00 PM

Are there any options yet for depositing cash at a bank in the U.K. for those who don't have a bank account?

Is there any reason you can't open a UK bank account? You can't really deposit funds without an account. I'm sure the bank would be very happy to take your money off you but you wouldn't see it again.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 06:21:48 PM

Is there any reason you can't open a UK bank account? You can't really deposit funds without an account. I'm sure the bank would be very happy to take your money off you but you wouldn't see it again.

Let's say if I were traveling and would rather not trade my remaining pounds at the forex at the airport, for instance.

In the U.S., Canada and Australia there is the ability to deposit cash at a bank into an account that sweeps the deposit (less a fee) into an exchange.  In the U.S., BitInstant and AurumXChange use TrustCash for this, in Canda Virtex and Bitcoin-Central offer this method to their own account (at TD Bank for Virtex), and in Australia there are multiple options as well.  So I was just wondering if this method was available in the U.K. as well.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

alexbishops

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 07:25:39 PM

Let's say if I were traveling and would rather not trade my remaining pounds at the forex at the airport, for instance.

In the U.S., Canada and Australia there is the ability to deposit cash at a bank into an account that sweeps the deposit (less a fee) into an exchange.  In the U.S., BitInstant and AurumXChange use TrustCash for this, in Canda Virtex and Bitcoin-Central offer this method to their own account (at TD Bank for Virtex), and in Australia there are multiple options as well.  So I was just wondering if this method was available in the U.K. as well.

I've not heard of this being available in highstreet bank accounts. I suspect something like this may exist in London but I've never come across it. If it's just left over travel money you want to exchange I'm sure I could oblige. I don't know the safest way to go about doing it though. Please let me know if you are interested.
jlchcc

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:55:03 PM

check this guide:
http://howtogetbitcoinsuk.blogspot.co.uk/
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:58:36 PM

Try not to necro bump threads: the date of the last post on this was: April 07, 2012, 08:25:39 PM

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: