Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2024, 04:23:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best/simplest way to change cash into BTC (and vice versa) these days?  (Read 1024 times)
roparker2014 (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:39:37 AM

The only times I've transferred money between fiat/crypto so far, I've used localbitcoins, which I've had no problems with. But as I'm looking to incorporate Bitcoin into my life more, I'm looking for a quicker and more convenient service - what is recommended these days? I'm anticipating that I will be doing fairly regular trader between BTC (earned) and £££ (to spend in shops, pay bills etc). Where do I go so I don't get ripped off on fees, and will give me a 24/7 service where I can cash out my coins when I need to? I'm Uk based. Do I use an exchange? Or are there more reliable ways of doing it now?

I don't mind using the exchanges, and have used most of the major ones, but I am aware that none of them are exactly perfect in terms of reputation, and all have problems with their withdrawal systems from time to time, from what I've seen. Kind of hoping that someone has set up a straightforward, reliable service for buying and selling them using Paypal/Visa by now? I am a bit out of touch with the latest services.
gmx95

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:38:30 AM

I guess the best way would be to find one of the bitcoin ATMs nearby :-)
Otherwise to use a local exchange that can transfer cash to your bank account.

Bitcoin and Litecoin trading platform. Up to 100% deposit bonus. Fund with credit card. http://novafxtrading.com/bitcoin-trading
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:26:33 AM

The simplest way by far is to go to an ATM that will buy your BTC for you. There are not many of these out there and chances are that you do not live near one. If you do and you do use it you will likely receive somewhat of a discount verses the market rate.

The next best option would likely be to use coinbase if you are in the US. Once your identity is identified and bank account confirmed you will be able to sell your BTC instantly and receive money in your bank account in only a few days.
Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:18:50 AM

choose a exchange of lower fee from the list, deposts BTC/CASH and withdrawals CAHS/BTC.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
Anastasios

Activity: 68
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:56:39 AM

Create an account at localbitcoin. Meet up with someone in a cafe/restaurant with wifi.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994411.0 My simple price and metrics analysis
roparker2014 (OP)

Activity: 119

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:10:56 AM

The simplest way by far is to go to an ATM that will buy your BTC for you. There are not many of these out there and chances are that you do not live near one. If you do and you do use it you will likely receive somewhat of a discount verses the market rate.

The next best option would likely be to use coinbase if you are in the US. Once your identity is identified and bank account confirmed you will be able to sell your BTC instantly and receive money in your bank account in only a few days.

Surprised to hear I will get a discount for using an ATM - I thought they generally charged very high fees?
I don't think there is one anywhere near me, sadly though!

So is there nothing like Coinbase for non-US residents yet?

itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:58:47 PM

Surprised to hear I will get a discount for using an ATM - I thought they generally charged very high fees?
I don't think there is one anywhere near me, sadly though!

So is there nothing like Coinbase for non-US residents yet?

You mis-understood me. The ATM will buy your discounts from you at a discount. They will sell you their bitcoin at a premium. To my knowledge there is not a similar to coinbase service that operates outside the US.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: