Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple on Coinmarketcap - 20 billion leapfrog to #3  (Read 2075 times)
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:24:36 AM

Keep everything to themselves, bump up the price and unload on the market. Good to see its fork Stellar following a similar get rich quick path.
Some day we will see an actually good fork with a good distribution.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 10:42:42 AM

They didn't actually release any new coins, they just updated the figures to include the founders' allocation which for some unknown reason was missing from the numbers before.

But I agree that doing this now just to push above Bitshares and steal their limelight does't look good. I also find it strange since Ripple Labs seems to be doing everything it can to move Ripple away from the crypto currency scene and to get its users from traditional Financial Tech type companies.
From the recent information that I've gathered both Bitshares and Ripple are bad to their very core.
They did however surprise me when Ripple jumped to #3. If they had distributed most of the funds their market would crash, same with Bitshares.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
keywi

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:13:13 AM

I guess ripple is on track to be the first trillion dollar coin.
Capt Drake

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:20:49 AM

this is too shady

Shady waters can be full of fish  Wink

full of sharks and whales...
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 11:34:52 AM

this is too shady

Shady waters can be full of fish  Wink

full of sharks and whales...

This ones a turd.       

I'm not just sure, I'm

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
atoni

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:01:30 PM

Nah, they just updated web page which said only 8,2 billion is distributed while the truth was that its 28 billion. They just know updated their web page. Before it said 72 billion held, 8 billion distributed. Since 100 billion is created its common knowledge that 28 billion is distributed if 72 billion is held. Everyone knew that. I dont know why coinmarketcap used 8,2 billion in the first place.

The most correct would be to use 100 billion since its premine and all of them are created at once.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:14:25 PM

wtf? people actually check to include the premine scamcoins when viewing coinmarketcap  Huh
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:55:48 PM

Ripple's reaction when they lost the 3rd place...
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:58:37 PM

wtf? people actually check to include the premine scamcoins when viewing coinmarketcap  Huh

By default coinmarketcap does not show the premine amount, you have to filter it.

atoni

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:01:24 PM

Nah, they just updated web page which said only 8,2 billion is distributed while the truth was that its 28 billion. They just know updated their web page. Before it said 72 billion held, 8 billion distributed. Since 100 billion is created its common knowledge that 28 billion is distributed if 72 billion is held. Everyone knew that. I dont know why coinmarketcap used 8,2 billion in the first place.

The most correct would be to use 100 billion since its premine and all of them are created at once.

yeah right, just a few hours after another scam outperformed their baloney, sure.

I dont think Ripple Labs is even remotely considered about its market cap or price of XRP. For over 2 years they keep telling people that XRP is not speculative currency and that its price doesnt matter. They have much more serious business to do.

IMO they were pressured by buyers to do it, since before it was 8,2bn and then Jed came out saying he will dump 9bn so noone understood how is that possible and people thought that 8,2bn is misleading number.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 01:39:16 PM

That's a joke, market caps of mined and non-mined coins are completely different things. I can fuckin make non-mined coin and give it like gazzilion units and dethrone Bitcoin if I want.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:40:28 PM

who even gives care about RiPPle?

~CfA~

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: