Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:08:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-08-26] Santander Bank Commissions Study on Impact of Bitcoin on Banking  (Read 2495 times)
epere (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:30:30 AM

http://newsbtc.com/2014/08/25/santander-bank-commissions-study-impact-bitcoin-traditional-banking/

The study was sparked by Julio Faura, who heads corporate development at Santander. HashReport indicates that Faura seeks “additional outside perspective onto the topic of Bitcoin,” and “[w]hile acquiring consulting services from top tier consulting firms can be exciting, he thought that an outsider, multidisciplinary perspective, would be particularly helpful.”

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:59:34 PM

Years ago, I naively asked my boss whether he was worried that the consultants he had hired might say something unfavorable. His reply was "never hire consultants unless you can specify what their report will say".
I thought he was joking, but it turned out he was not. He had a PhD from a major university's commerce department, fwiw.

At another level, an old description of a consultant's role is "lend me your watch and I'll tell you the time."

Seen from this angle, consultant reports are still very useful as they help an organization to change in a particular desired direction - they stifle opposition, for good or ill. It's just that the consultant's role is often not what people generally think it is.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: