Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:46:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: good old 7850 issue (fans start and stop)  (Read 1095 times)
bziuba (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:47:34 AM

hi everyone, I'm having some issues with my old gigabyte 7850. When I power up the computer I can see the fans spin for about a second and than they stop. There is no signal on the screen. I have checked on a different rig and it's definitely an issue with the card.
It happened once when the card was still on warranty and the service was able to fix it. Unfortunately the warranty is over and I wasn't able to learn what was wrong the first time. I tried googling but haven't found anything about it - any ideas?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:55:04 AM

hi everyone, I'm having some issues with my old gigabyte 7850. When I power up the computer I can see the fans spin for about a second and than they stop. There is no signal on the screen. I have checked on a different rig and it's definitely an issue with the card.
It happened once when the card was still on warranty and the service was able to fix it. Unfortunately the warranty is over and I wasn't able to learn what was wrong the first time. I tried googling but haven't found anything about it - any ideas?

Sounds like the fan is shot.  I had a a gigabyte or two with this when I was GPU mining.  If same as mine you could oil, and it made no difference. 

I bought replacement fans and put them in card myself.  You can use a big fan beside it if they are overheating whall you wait.   One thing I might warn depending on the card it can be a little hard screwing the small screws in depending on card brand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: