Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:17:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't understand something...  (Read 1435 times)
themasknetwork (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

MaskNetwork lead developer

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:47:29 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 07:25:27 PM by themasknetwork

1. Why is Ripple going up. It's a 100% pre-mined controversial currency. Many of you are convinced the network is a distributed MySql database instead of a p2p network. It had zero support after launch but 2 years later is still number 3. Why ?

2. Why is BitsharesX going up 50% / day. What are the key features ? What is so innovative at BitsharesX ?

3. Why is going NXT down. They have just launched the much anticipated Digital Goods Store. The NXT price decline is not something new. The currency's market cap started to fall 2 months ago, short time after Asset Exchange went live. It's like everytime they launch a new module, price is going lower and lower instead of rising. Why Huh

Don't tell me Market Cap is not a good indicator because it's the most important indicator.

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdamSmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:56:48 AM

1) Ripple is a PoS coin, the team know the cost basis of each coin and know how much asset to back it to support such price. Beside, the volume of active float is small hence keeping the price high is not as hard as bitcoin.

2) Also new to this. Will research a bit later.

3) NEM is a new coin that promise what NxT can do with more features. When a large percentage of supporters from NxT abandon the ship and join NEM, of course the price will drop a lot.

Beside the points above, all altcoins in general rise up fast and go down fast. This is especially true for PoW coin when the developers have zero control of what miners will do with their coin and when the miners will switch to another coin.
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:58:17 AM

1. Why is Ripple going up. It's a 100% pre-mined controversially currency. Many of you are convinced the network is a distributed MySql database instead of a p2p network. It had zero support after launch but 2 years later is still number 3. Why ?

2. Why is BitsharesX going up 50% / day. What are the key features ? What is so innovative at BitsharesX ?

3. Why is going NXT down. They have just launched the much anticipated Digital Goods Store. The NXT price decline is not something new. The currency's market cap started to fall 2 months ago, short time after Asset Exchange went live. It's like everytime they launch a new module, price is going lower and lower instead of rising. Why Huh

Don't tell me Market Cap is not a good indicator because it's the most important indicator.

1) Ripple is indeed a premined scam to invest in, they recently issued another 20billion coins out of thin air, just to higher their market cap.  Ripple is the most pathetic thing in crypto I have ever come across
themasknetwork (OP)

Activity: 246

MaskNetwork lead developer

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 10:12:28 AM

1. Why is Ripple going up. It's a 100% pre-mined controversially currency. Many of you are convinced the network is a distributed MySql database instead of a p2p network. It had zero support after launch but 2 years later is still number 3. Why ?

1) Ripple is indeed a premined scam to invest in, they recently issued another 20billion coins out of thin air, just to higher their market cap.  Ripple is the most pathetic thing in crypto I have ever come across

They can "issue" new coins ??

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
leezay

Activity: 363

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:14:21 AM

They can "issue" new coins ??

That is the features of all the PoS coins with central authority. Not only can they issue coin, they can also reverse any kind of transaction if the central authority deemed it ok.

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:26:56 AM

3) NEM is a new coin that promise what NxT can do with more features. When a large percentage of supporters from NxT abandon the ship and join NEM, of course the price will drop a lot.

Confidence was never too high in NXT as the botched distribution had left a sour taste. NEM fixes that and promises to deliver a good product, so is a good hedge for NXT holders.
How much actually NEM will come good depends on how much they deliver.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 11:48:09 AM

I blame coinmarkecap for listing these tokens, I wouldn't dare to call them "coins" bitsharesx is the same BS as ripple, a total faked marketcap that can be manipulated out of this air by a central authority, I don't see how its different than the FED. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable-and-premined for a more honest view.
Well the guy who is taking care of coinmarketcap probably got paid to keep them. If I recall correctly one time I requested Ripple to be removed from that list and it was(?). Then quickly afterwards it was put back on.
BitsharesX (Preston explained it nicely), would seem like Ripplev2. They have just pretty much complicated it and put random features into it.
Sure there might be money to be made off of them, but I'd stay away.
It's being pumped and the market manipulated pretty much into the sky.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Cboy

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:03:22 PM

I blame coinmarkecap for listing these tokens, I wouldn't dare to call them "coins" bitsharesx is the same BS as ripple, a total faked marketcap that can be manipulated out of this air by a central authority, I don't see how its different than the FED. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable-and-premined for a more honest view.

I totally agree with you , some "coins" on coinmarketcap shouldn't be there.
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:28:06 PM

Ripple Labs has been doing a phenomenal job driving network growth. Real utility. Not hype.

Stellar's mounting failures are driving people to re-examine Ripple---and the landscape has changed tremendously over the last year.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
atoni

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:57:53 PM

Ripple is only coin that hasnt been pumped. Price is around 0,005 for ages.

BitsharesX is not even similar to Ripple. In Ripple when you trade USD, Gold, Silver, CNY, JPY, loyalty points etc, its real assets you trade with. In BitsharesX is only name for betting pair.

NXT will probably recover, it has very small float so it can be easily lift up with maybe 1-2 million dollars turnover. Its float is 1 bn nxt but in reality big part is held by original stakeholders.

I dont think features matter that much, so far its pretty much been which coin is popular for that month. First it was doge language, then it was asset exchanges, then it was anonimity, now is betting on different pairs etc. Only one that is actually getting used is bitcoin. for now.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:16:43 PM

Do your own research. You'll get nothing from this forum other than "my coin is better than yours". As can be seen by the replies thus far.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 01:48:10 PM

Do your own research. You'll get nothing from this forum other than "my coin is better than yours". As can be seen by the replies thus far.
Exactly which coin did I say was better in my post?
Stop generalizing rules, that does not work.
he pretty much got payed to keep bytecoin on the non-premined list, there is no other logical explanation, mainly considering it was not on the clean list before, serious, his website has more influence than it deserves, its a negative shaping force on crypto.
Actually it's very sad to hear/see this. His site has indeed quite the influence and he has the best domain for such a purpose.
I'm quite surprised that someone else didn't try to make a better website in which they would actually listen to common sense and reason.
One has to know the difference; if xx coin is really good, or a scam attempt which is promoted by its shills.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
tianshi

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:29:39 PM

This is why this is a weird world.You never understand anything Cheesy
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:30:35 PM

Well the guy who is taking care of coinmarketcap probably got paid to keep them. If I recall correctly one time I requested Ripple to be removed from that list and it was(?). Then quickly afterwards it was put back on.
Nope, he put up a public vote if he should re-include XRP (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381016.0)

Also there are about 100 billion XRP - not 8 or 28, coinmarketcap just by default does not display coins held by the organization(s) responsible for distributing coins if they are not mineable. No new XRP have been (or could be) created.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:39:43 PM

There is one thing that everyone will agree on. Playing altcoins is more fun than just hodling Bitcoin.
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:44:12 PM

he pretty much got payed [sic] to keep bytecoin on the non-premined list, there is no other logical explanation, mainly considering it was not on the clean list before, serious, his website has more influence than it deserves, its a negative shaping force on crypto.

Source?
or another pathetic MONERO SCAM COIN troll?

Of course we know for a fact that Monero XMR whales pay to get XMR on exchanges

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:58:23 PM

good question what is the difference ?

if the key difference is distribution method then i have to ask "Is it better ?"
Then what ?
Bitcoin.. duh LOL

Oh it's worse ?
mmmm k then  Roll Eyes

to answer your question.. their all bullshit Ponzi schemes designed and engineered from the ground up to make the
central controlling authority rich.. with a so called de-centralized digital currency.

why couldn't someone make a Market Service of sorts for Bitcoin ? cough cough NXT

why ?

the answers.. are always weak excuses
with people handing them out who have money invested looking at turn a tidy profit.. and that says it all now don't it Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

Nope, he put up a public vote if he should re-include XRP (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381016.0)

Also there are about 100 billion XRP - not 8 or 28, coinmarketcap just by default does not display coins held by the organization(s) responsible for distributing coins if they are not mineable. No new XRP have been (or could be) created.
Then I apologize I made a mistake here. I was correct it was de-listed.
However I do not feel like a forum poll is the right way of deciding either. It can easily be manipulated as many people own puppet accounts (and they numbers are big).
There should have been a different list for such 'coins'.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CryptoBang

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:15:45 PM

1) Ripple is a PoS coin, the team know the cost basis of each coin and know how much asset to back it to support such price. Beside, the volume of active float is small hence keeping the price high is not as hard as bitcoin.

2) Also new to this. Will research a bit later.

Beside the points above, all altcoins in general rise up fast and go down fast. This is especially true for PoW coin when the developers have zero control of what miners will do with their coin and when the miners will switch to another coin.

Hello guys, very interesting discussion here!

It is truth that it is often difficult to find out what's going on! AdamSmith, please, PM me if you find something interesting about BitsharesX, I am also interested in the investigation.

By the way, I decided to organise the service which will investigate all these stories about new currencies, so guys if you have any interesting facts about coins - PM or use my site, I am looking for different materials to write informative and analytical articles which will help everyone to understand what's going on!

And if you want to participate in investigation - you are welcome to join my team Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: