Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:25:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silkroad on NXT Marketplace ?  (Read 2097 times)
Labteck (OP)

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:05:07 PM

NXt marketplace, buy/sells everything, seems that silkroad has a store there too??

Can someone confirm this about their good things?  Grin

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/dgs/details/6955572357316437173

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:51:19 PM

Why do you not ask NXT-JALK-M9UZ-43K9-7D54P himself? Wink
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:58:17 PM

Why do you not ask NXT-JALK-M9UZ-43K9-7D54P himself? Wink

lol

Some people see this as a bad thing.. I don't really care about it though. The government lost the war on drugs a long time ago, but they are in denial. Live and let live in my opinion.. that is what we have been moving towards for a while now in terms of GLBT rights, religion, abortion, and race. It is bound to happen eventually with drugs.. you can already see marijuana being slowly decriminalized (it is already legalized in some places.) Harder drugs may not be legalized in our lifetime, but I am sure that marijuana will be. The government needs to focus on substance abuse treatment rather than throwing people in jail.

Short of killing Nxt itself or going around and putting all the Nxt'ers in jail, there is not much they can do about it. They will likely just go after the vendors, like they do versus silk road and silk road 2.0
ChuckOne

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:03:46 PM

It is indeed a controversial issue.
spacehopper

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:26:24 PM

Bitcoin was used on the silkroad, but it survived after the silkroad was closed. Nxt might survive but I doubt a silkroad running on it's marketplace will survive for long.

ChuckOne

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:29:05 PM

Bitcoin was used on the silkroad, but it survived after the silkroad was closed. Nxt might survive but I doubt a silkroad running on it's marketplace will survive for long.

Why?
spacehopper

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:33:48 PM

Why?

All the big governments worldwide will probably find a way to close it down by working together. The US government found a way to close the silkroad down even though the person running it thought it was impossible.

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:40:07 PM

I can't say the idea of another big hoard of FBI-seized crypto sounds like a positive step forward.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
ChuckOne

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:42:54 PM

I can't say the idea of another big hoard of FBI-seized crypto sounds like a positive step forward.

Agreed but I think this time FBI will not be able to seize. I mean even FBI cannot break crypto. Btw. crypto is the very definition of crypto currencies unlike Bitcoin where 99% of the computational effort is wasted and not used for crypto.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:59:05 PM

Agreed but I think this time FBI will not be able to seize. I mean even FBI cannot break crypto. Btw. crypto is the very definition of crypto currencies unlike Bitcoin where 99% of the computational effort is wasted and not used for crypto.

For a decentralised form of currency, the cryptocurrency community does seem somewhat un-phased by how centralised it is by exchanges, gambling sites, underground black markets, etc..

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
ChuckOne

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:01:02 PM

What do you mean by that?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:18:28 PM

The only way I can see for the FBI to shut down the Nxt market place would be to buy 51% of the money supply and kill people's trust in Nxt by attacking it. I hope for Nxt's sake they don't do this.. that would be a sad day. Sad
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:59:35 PM

The only way I can see for the FBI to shut down the Nxt market place would be to buy 51% of the money supply and kill people's trust in Nxt by attacking it. I hope for Nxt's sake they don't do this.. that would be a sad day. Sad

They could try, but in order to buy up 51% of all NXT, they would have to throw a massive amount of cash at current NXT holders, much more than NXT market cap at the start of the attack.
Someone on www.nxtforum.org did the numbers on this basic form of attack , and it would cause such a price surge that it would be almost impossible.
When NXT implements Transparent Forging, btw,  the 51% vulnerability will become a 90% vulnerability, making a simple 'buy all the NXT' attack impossible.

Because NXT is open source, leaderless and decentralised, this just means that the newly rich (with Federal cash) NXT holders can simply start all over again with NXT Mark II.
The NXT technology simply can't be shut down by a central government, there is no central point to attack.
In this way, NXT is less vulnerable to a 51% attack than BTC right now: take control of the 5 biggest BTC mining pools, you'll have 60% of all BTC hash power.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:02:52 PM

like Bitcoin ?

None of you know fuck all about the FBI so you should be quiet..

FUD first & ask questions later™
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:40:18 PM

like Bitcoin ?

No... see bolded

They could try, but in order to buy up 51% of all NXT, they would have to throw a massive amount of cash at current NXT holders, much more than NXT market cap at the start of the attack.
Someone on www.nxtforum.org did the numbers on this basic form of attack , and it would cause such a price surge that it would be almost impossible.
When NXT implements Transparent Forging, btw,  the 51% vulnerability will become a 90% vulnerability, making a simple 'buy all the NXT' attack impossible.

Because NXT is open source, leaderless and decentralised, this just means that the newly rich (with Federal cash) NXT holders can simply start all over again with NXT Mark II.
The NXT technology simply can't be shut down by a central government, there is no central point to attack.
In this way, NXT is less vulnerable to a 51% attack than BTC right now: take control of the 5 biggest BTC mining pools, you'll have 60% of all BTC hash power.

I agree it would be very expensive and it unlikely, but it is still a possibility. Just as a 51% attack on Bitcoin is unlikely and would be very expensive, but it is possible.

I have heard Nxt is improving their PoS implementation, if it works as advertised it should make it much more expensive and pretty much impossible. I am reserving judgement until it is released though, as they are keeping it on the hush hush and not many details are available.
EvilDave

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:49:08 PM

By PoS improvement, you probably mean Transparent Forging:

https://nxtforum.org/transparent-forging/

Not all that hush-hush, really.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:51:27 PM

By PoS improvement, you probably mean Transparent Forging:

https://nxtforum.org/transparent-forging/

Not all that hush-hush, really.

I stand corrected. Smiley

When I get time I'll read up on it.
EvilDave

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:05:39 AM

I'll wish you luck, some of the TF debate is kinda technical:

http://www.docdroid.net/ahms/forging0-4-1.pdf.html

I got about 15 lines into the above paper before my brain stopped working  Grin

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:46:09 AM

I'll wish you luck, some of the TF debate is kinda technical:

http://www.docdroid.net/ahms/forging0-4-1.pdf.html

I got about 15 lines into the above paper before my brain stopped working  Grin

Understatement
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 07:18:56 AM

Hahaha. NXTers use to say that their code was their white paper. Not surprised that once papers started to be released they were still unreadable.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: