Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:38:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Williams explains his definition of social justice  (Read 843 times)
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:17:53 PM

"Let me offer you my deifinition of social justice.I keep what i earn and you keep what you earn.Do you disagree?Well then tell mehow much of what i earn belongs to you -and why?"Walter E. Williams.

Anyone care to answer Dr. Williams?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeanutCoins

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:21:28 PM

Perfect!
Now we get to hear why this isn’t so by some snake oil salesman. If they are brave enough.He's right if congress and the government were abiding by the Constitution but since they don't, the money you earn belongs to the government and they'll decide how much you get to keep. But there is no doubt that Dr. Williams understands and supports the fair tax because its just what it says, a fair tax.
How much of what Dr. Williams inherited would you, or he consider earned?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:41:06 PM

Perfect!
Now we get to hear why this isn’t so by some snake oil salesman. If they are brave enough.He's right if congress and the government were abiding by the Constitution but since they don't, the money you earn belongs to the government and they'll decide how much you get to keep. But there is no doubt that Dr. Williams understands and supports the fair tax because its just what it says, a fair tax.
Dr. Williams grew up in single family household.  Raised by his mom.  I believe he grew up in the same housing project as Bill Cosby.  He has earned his wealth.  Regardless of how he acquired his wealth....it doesn't belong to others.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
PeanutCoins

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:44:04 PM

Perfect!
Dr. Williams grew up in single family household.  Raised by his mom.  I believe he grew up in the same housing project as Bill Cosby.  He has earned his wealth.  Regardless of how he acquired his wealth....it doesn't belong to others.
Then he'd probably agree with me. Inherited wealth creates a crust that we really don't need.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:48:54 PM

Perfect!
Then he'd probably agree with me. Inherited wealth creates a crust that we really don't need.
So how much of that inherited 'crust' should belong to you, and why?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
PeanutCoins

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:49:48 PM

Perfect!
So how much of that inherited 'crust' should belong to you, and why?
Not sure, maybe just enough to insure that I don't have to die for lack of diabetes medication? And maybe because I think that the same country that can spend 8 million dollars a day supporting war machines half way across the planet, and 7 billion dollars making sure connected bankers don't miss any of their bonuses this year, can afford to make sure John Q and me aren't falling over dead in the street for lack of 'insurance'.

umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:11:05 PM

I am, once again, struck by the stunningly low caliber of the rightwing mind. Nobody with an IQ over 30 could read Williams' words without laughing at their simplistic moronicity.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:16:48 PM

I am, once again, struck by the stunningly low caliber of the rightwing mind. Nobody with an IQ over 30 could read Williams' words without laughing at their simplistic moronicity.
Or maybe, we could buy some cameras for the cops? Then we wouldn't have to watch entire cities burn down every time a white cop accidentally tries to arrest someone.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:18:56 PM

I am always stunned by the people who believe that someone should not be allowed to pass on their accumulated assets to whomever they please.

It really is nobody's business, unless of course you're a democrat who has a totalitarian inside, screaming to get out.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:23:38 PM

I am always stunned by the people who believe that someone should not be allowed to pass on their accumulated assets to whomever they please.

It really is nobody's business, unless of course you're a democrat who has a totalitarian inside, screaming to get out.

And yet Dr. Williams is a highly regarded economist, commentator, and scholar, while the one sneering is an internet nobody who relies on insults and attacks in lieu of an argument.

MadAlpha

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:33:53 PM

"Let me offer you my definition of social justice. I keep what I earn and you keep what you earn. Do you disagree? Well then tell me how much of what I earn belongs to you - and why?" Walter E. Williams.

Beautifully said, couldn't agree with him more.

I guess, for you leftwing minds, the answer to the question "why?" is never to be named. The reason is always some vague moral obligation or guilt that the successful should feel towards the unsuccessful.

Will do small programming tasks cheaply in exchange for BTC. Check out my thread or PM me!
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:44:28 AM

"Let me offer you my definition of social justice. I keep what I earn and you keep what you earn. Do you disagree? Well then tell me how much of what I earn belongs to you - and why?" Walter E. Williams.

Beautifully said, couldn't agree with him more.

I guess, for you leftwing minds, the answer to the question "why?" is never to be named. The reason is always some vague moral obligation or guilt that the successful should feel towards the unsuccessful.
I'll name the "why".

You see, sir, a dead man cannot complain, when you take from him.  And taking means that we have more, ourselves.  We can toss a few bones to the crowd to keep them happy.  Taking from the dead in large amounts, means that those living would be grateful that their tax rate was less.  A proper public information campaign is needed, of course.  This would include small payments for basement liberals living with their moms who would post pro-tax comments on forums.  They don't need much money, which is good because we want to keep most of it. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: