Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:58:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Limit the marketplace to users with over xxx activity.  (Read 885 times)
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:49:38 PM

I appreciate that the mods don't have the time to remove the scam posts from these sections, but it would sure reduce the clutter and volume of them if users needed a minimum activity level before being allowed to post.

It's common amongst many of the other forums I browse, and it's already included in the forum software so it's not even a lot of work to implement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 06:08:02 PM

Sadly I don't think that we will see this happen. Remember the newbie jail was here to prevent new people from spamming nonsense in all sections, and yet it was removed.
I'd personally put ~50-100 activity requirement for the marketplace..
Maybe we will see some changes now that BadBear is promoted.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
chadwickx16

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:21:17 PM

I would love for the newbie jail to come back. It would prevent a lot of DUMB questions and limit the scammers a tad.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
bit_stacker

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:16:02 PM

Newbie here, very late to this party and still finding it difficult to get started.

I just posted this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757885.0

Trading is a big part of my motivation for being here but reputation, trust and trading is a bit of a chicken and egg situation. It's been pretty useless trying to trade without trust and reputation but what is reputation built on non-trade related activity really worth? So maybe a Nickel & Dime trading child board would be useful for that purpose as well. Or a trading thread restriction mechanism that excludes people below a chosen level.

It's a tough question. Reputation and trust is difficult to pin down in a meaningful way. Just being on a forum and making lots of posts for a long time somehow misses the mark but I can see it's better than nothing.

GPG ID: 45F781B4
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 08:40:06 PM

I would love to see something like this implemented. Although if it is implemented, then their sale/buying activity will just eventually start leaking out to other sections of the forum, which will create a lot of off-topic posts and spam.

I have my own personal policy anyways, which is to almost never deal with a newb in the first place. Each person can have their own internal filter, so although an official policy would be nice, I don't see it too necessary. What OP said is true though: most forums do not allow new accounts to do business until they reach a certain post count.

Newbie here, very late to this party and still finding it difficult to get started.
You can thank your other fellow newbies that are out only for a quick scam. There are just too many of them, and it ruins it for the rest of the legit newbs.

catena5260

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:53:34 PM

One still can buy or farm accounts to scam. It will only, maybe, remove obvious scams that people do only because the nothing to lose factor, but the most sophisticated ones still will be around.
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:56:20 PM

One still can buy or farm accounts to scam. It will only, maybe, remove obvious scams that people do only because the nothing to lose factor, but the most sophisticated ones still will be around.

I don't dispute that, they'll never be gone completely I'm just trying to reduce the volume with a simple fix.

The overwhelming majority of the ones I see are users with 1 activity, 1 post.

bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:41:01 PM

Absolutely not.

I'd much rather see an untrusted stranger in the market day in, day out than a few trusted members selling shit back and forth.

Some people come to bitcointalk ONLY to sell stuff on the market for bitcoin. It's nearly free advertising to post. Honestly, as long as they deliver the services / product they say they will, it should be fine.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: