Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:18:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did someone feed DOGE a cookie?  (Read 5024 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:04:18 PM

They released a new client that will allow merged mining.  I guess the thinking is this will make sure Doge is a survivor.  Of course, they will now be back to the problem they had with multipools, the merged miners will just dump the coin to get what they can.  I can't see why the price would go up.

Good Luck!

yup.. feeding the coins to people who don't want them but only want to dump for profit is not smart..

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spacehopper

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:27:00 PM

They released a new client that will allow merged mining.  I guess the thinking is this will make sure Doge is a survivor.  Of course, they will now be back to the problem they had with multipools, the merged miners will just dump the coin to get what they can.  I can't see why the price would go up.

Good Luck!

yup.. feeding the coins to people who don't want them but only want to dump for profit is not smart..

Do you think the price will crash in the long run?

mackie

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:41:45 PM

Good Luck!

Do you think the price will crash in the long run?

Is there a reason it should go up in the long run?
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:11:51 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 03:37:52 AM by BitcoinEXpress

This coin is on its way to "returning to a mean meme" stage.

www.DogecoinCharts.com

We need to get at least 10 Doge Threads on the first page.

~BCX~

digitalblock

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:40:56 AM

I hope your all little girls posting dog pictures and talking about what the dog should be wearing. flooding the forum with doge is childish dont force it let the people speak dont be a dictator.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:56:26 AM

This coin is on its way to "returning to a mean meme" stage.

www.DogecoinCharts.com

We need to get at least 10 Doge Threads on the first page.

~BCX~

Is this a viral campaign to help prove Alt needs a mod (bcx)?
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:06:56 AM

Is this a viral campaign to help prove Alt needs a mod (bcx)?

Hmm...

Not exactly.

~BCX~

PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:13:47 AM

Did't it have fleas or something else wrong with it?
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:24:51 PM

Good Luck!

However, there will be much less coins to dump than there was before. In only a few months we'll reach the 10000 dogecoin block rewards, so the dumping miners probably won't have a big impact on the price (especially since many of them will be eaten by the miners who will dump their ltc for doges)
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:53:50 PM

No amount of memes is going to save a currency that has a growing coin cap.

Why?  When the inflation level hits .1%..... It allows for almost zero transaction costs.. a massive problem for bitcoin.  The smallest amount I can logically send is 5 cents as I am paying a 5 cent fee.  A doge transcation costs me.. what.. $.00001? 

Bitcoin will not become a spending currency it just will not.  It will become gold, people will horde it and it will be used as a store of value.  Another crypto like doge will become the "spending" currency.  IMO countries will start issuing their own when we have leaders that know what 1001 means.  Currently most leaders cannot even create a text file.. pathetic.
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:42:57 PM

Why?  When the inflation level hits .1%..... It allows for almost zero transaction costs.. a massive problem for bitcoin.  The smallest amount I can logically send is 5 cents as I am paying a 5 cent fee.  A doge transcation costs me.. what.. $.00001? 

Bitcoin will not become a spending currency it just will not.  It will become gold, people will horde it and it will be used as a store of value.  Another crypto like doge will become the "spending" currency.  IMO countries will start issuing their own when we have leaders that know what 1001 means.  Currently most leaders cannot even create a text file.. pathetic.

Bitcoin will not become a spending currency, and nor will be doge, at least not enough for the holders to profit.

Keep holding those bags.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
lynn_402

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:50:34 PM

Bitcoin will not become a spending currency, and nor will be doge, at least not enough for the holders to profit.

Keep holding those bags.

Dogecoin already is a spending currency...

Hundreds of merchants accept it, and many are quite succesful. You can see a list here: http://dogedir.com/
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:26:51 PM

There are other coins with a growing coin cap too. At the end of the day no one has a crystal ball a knows what will happen in times to come. It can happen that because of this unique feature it will be used a currency and not stored as wealth like Bitcoin.     
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:32:28 PM

Your comment is criminal and justice WILL be served !!!

FUD first & ask questions later™
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:57:58 PM

They released a new client that will allow merged mining.  I guess the thinking is this will make sure Doge is a survivor.  Of course, they will now be back to the problem they had with multipools, the merged miners will just dump the coin to get what they can.  I can't see why the price would go up.

Good Luck!

However, there will be much less coins to dump than there was before. In only a few months we'll reach the 10000 dogecoin block rewards, so the dumping miners probably won't have a big impact on the price (especially since many of them will be eaten by the miners who will dump their ltc for doges)

You have a good point, as do the others pointing out that doge will have low transaction costs assuming the cost stays at 1 doge.

I agree that doge is a survivor, this arrangement cements that, but that does not mean it will ever be worth a lot in relation to bitcoin.  
lynn_402

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:50:01 AM

They released a new client that will allow merged mining.  I guess the thinking is this will make sure Doge is a survivor.  Of course, they will now be back to the problem they had with multipools, the merged miners will just dump the coin to get what they can.  I can't see why the price would go up.

Good Luck!

You have a good point, as do the others pointing out that doge will have low transaction costs assuming the cost stays at 1 doge.

I agree that doge is a survivor, this arrangement cements that, but that does not mean it will ever be worth a lot in relation to bitcoin.  

It doesn't have to be worth a lot in relation to bitcoin. Right now, all the dogecoins are worth 0.17% of all the Bitcoins.
If it only gets to 1 or 2%, I'd be really happy Cheesy
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:41:43 AM

Someone keeps feeding him cookies.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:51:40 AM

go go doge!
lynn_402

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:22:35 PM

Someone keeps feeding him cookies.

I believe many people are doing so, hope it's not too unhealthy for him Wink

I guess not, since he seems to have been starving the past few months.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:39:25 PM

I went to the mall on the weekend in my Bitcoin T-shirt..  Went to spencers people started talking bitcoin with in 30 seconds we were talking dogecoin.  The masses love the doge, don't underestimate this.

Super cheap transaction fees (public doesn't care)
Awesome lil doge dude as the symbo (people seem to love this lol)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: