Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:36:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One in six French people say they support ISIS  (Read 1321 times)
Watoshi-Dimobuto (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:19:25 PM

One in six French people say they support ISIS
http://www.vox.com/2014/8/26/6067123/isis-poll

I never knew the French would support ISIS.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:29:32 PM

Those types are obviously anti-American or perhaps have a higher minority of Muslims than I thought.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:30:25 PM

Around 20% of the French population is Muslim, as a result of massive immigration from the Maghreb region (Algeria-Morocco-Tunisia). So it is not surprising that a large part of them (more than 75%) are supporting the ISIS. Now they are trying to reverse the trend, by encouraging immigration of Christians from the Middle-East (recently they granted refugee status to all Christians in Iraq). But I am afraid that it came a bit too late. Many of the housing estates are completely controlled by mafia-like gangs, of Maghrebi extraction.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:05:04 PM

Around 20% of the French population is Muslim, as a result of massive immigration from the Maghreb region (Algeria-Morocco-Tunisia). So it is not surprising that a large part of them (more than 75%) are supporting the ISIS. Now they are trying to reverse the trend, by encouraging immigration of Christians from the Middle-East (recently they granted refugee status to all Christians in Iraq). But I am afraid that it came a bit too late. Many of the housing estates are completely controlled by mafia-like gangs, of Maghrebi extraction.

Within those countries, IS supporter are far less than 1/6, not only that, but the source of these pools is quite weird also notice the date of the pools which is in July in prior to Iraq events, well here is the pdf detailling the results http://www.icmresearch.com/data/media/pdf/New%20EU%20Members-Combined-July%202014-V3.pdf

Still so many unanswered questions
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:24:58 PM

Within those countries, IS supporter are far less than 1/6

I am not that sure. Among the Maghreb nations, only Morocco is having no history of Islamist insurgency.

There was a bloody civil war in Algeria which lasted for more than a decade, where the government forces fought against groups such as the Islamic Front for Armed Jihad and the Islamic Salvation Front. The brutality exhibited by the FIS was extreme (even the ISIS wanes in comparison). Also, the Islamic Salvation Front received close to 50% of the votes in the 1991 elections.

And although Tunisia has remained peaceful for many decades now, don't forget that the current ruling party is a local branch of the Islamic Brotherhood.

IMO, the ISIS support might be very low in Morocco, but significant in both Tunisia and Algeria.
kuroman

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:47:34 PM

Within those countries, IS supporter are far less than 1/6

I am not that sure. Among the Maghreb nations, only Morocco is having no history of Islamist insurgency.

There was a bloody civil war in Algeria which lasted for more than a decade, where the government forces fought against groups such as the Islamic Front for Armed Jihad and the Islamic Salvation Front. The brutality exhibited by the FIS was extreme (even the ISIS wanes in comparison). Also, the Islamic Salvation Front received close to 50% of the votes in the 1991 elections.

And although Tunisia has remained peaceful for many decades now, don't forget that the current ruling party is a local branch of the Islamic Brotherhood.

IMO, the ISIS support might be very low in Morocco, but significant in both Tunisia and Algeria.
As you said Morocco is fine although it got direct threats from Aqmi and Isis hence they've raised the security level to it highest (aka military with army equipment and SAM systems deployed near all major cities and key infrastructure

As for Algeria because of the military insurgence against the Islamic government that won fair and square in the 90s it resulted in terrorist acts and to this day they are still happening, and the population are having enough of this and not to mention that the current government PR is that they are fighting them, hence people in Algeria are very sensible to anything related terrorism

As for Tunisia might a tad bit more liberal and secularist than Morocco, and the Tunisian rulling party has nothing to do with the Islamic brotherhood, the Party is similar to the one rulling in Morocco or in Turkey, while it members has an Islamic orientation, when it comes to ruling the country, they are working as an Political party like any other without mentioning religion ( a mistake that the Muslim brotherhood made in Egypt )

Still 16 % is huge, if you read the PDF, it is split like something 1 or 2% favorable and 14-15% slightly favorable) but the key thing for me in that article is the date of the survey as I mentioned which July and till then ISIS was still presented by some media as fighting the bloody Syrian regime no more no less, I'm pretty things would be different right now.

I feel like that the vox article being posted right now is to serve some agenda or just to criticize and be a click bait especially under the current circumstances
Scoremaster

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Hi I am back from a long period of away time :)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:05:51 PM

gotta love politics hehe. but i really doubt it is 1/6 ppl support it in france. the french are a bunch of morons anyways. their attitude of being some high brow country is always what gets their asses kicked.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:56:14 PM

As for Algeria because of the military insurgence against the Islamic government that won fair and square in the 90s it resulted in terrorist acts and to this day they are still happening, and the population are having enough of this and not to mention that the current government PR is that they are fighting them, hence people in Algeria are very sensible to anything related terrorism

I'll agree that the Islamists had won the elections in 1991 with a large majority. The army cancelled the elections and then seized power.

Up to that point, I am with the Islamists. But what happened afterwards?

The Islamists started fighting the government. But the government forces were too strong for them and therefore they retreated to the forests. Since they couldn't target the government forces, they started targeting the innocent villagers. Hundreds of villages were attacked and tens of thousands of farmers were massacred along with their families. The barbarism shown by the Islamists were just unbelievable.

Pregnant women were sliced open, children were hacked to pieces or dashed against walls, men's limbs were hacked off one by one, and, as the attackers retreated, they would kidnap young women to keep as sex slaves.
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:32:04 AM

ISIS is an organization formed by the United States and the EU, I think reasonable that there are some people in france that support ISIS, it proves that the country of origin where the actual ISIS, hopefully this conspiracy that discrediting Muslims will end ...

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:02:02 AM

These "terrorists" bring only death and destruction to the common people.
They don't build roads, schools, hospitals, markets, farms, factories, they don't provide jobs , they don't support the science, by default they are against civilization as we know.
They are cowards who are hiding behind a holly book and rule only by unleashing terror against the others.
I am still wondering: why there are people who like to join them ?
These "terrorists" don't offer you nothing, they only take from you, even your life !

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:46:29 AM

Saying support is one thing. Actually contributing to the cause is another.

Are they going to send money and resources out from their own pocket for supporting ISIS?

maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:52:08 AM

About one in 10 French residents are Muslim
Plenty of left wingers in France with strange political views
Expect most ISIS fans are from either of the two buckets

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:55:15 AM

ISIS is an organization formed by the United States and the EU, I think reasonable that there are some people in france that support ISIS, it proves that the country of origin where the actual ISIS, hopefully this conspiracy that discrediting Muslims will end ...

ISIS was indirectly created by the US and NATO, through their trusted ally Saudi Arabia. The Saudis and Qataris are funding ISIS to this date, and many of the top commanders are Saudi citizens.

There are some 100,000 foreign fighters affiliated with ISIS, outnumbering the locals. Of this number, almost 10% is from the EU, especially from the UK, France, Germany and Belgium.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2014/07/isis_s_foreign_fighters_will_the_americans_and_europeans_flocking_to_the.html
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:41:45 AM

About one in 10 French residents are Muslim
Plenty of left wingers in France with strange political views
Expect most ISIS fans are from either of the two buckets

Pretty lame way to get conquered by Muslim inbreeding and polygamy culture.

France will be the new middle east 20 years from now.
TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:13:38 PM

1 in 6 French people don't know ISIS is an al-Qaida front directed by the West to keep the Middle East unstable and controllable.

In the Middle East the West gives al-Qaida arms and support to fight Governments they want out of the way.  In the U.S. al-Qaida is the boogyman the Government uses to take away your rights and freedoms.  Notice how they link all the groups the Government doesn't like to al-Qaida in the U.S.(Tea Party, Libertarians, Returning Vets, Militia groups, Protestors, Dissidents, right down to people wanting to grow their own food with a garden in their yard or little girls selling lemonade on the corner).

Anyone that wants freedom from Government interference is tagged for a Fema Camp when it all goes to hell.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:18:43 PM

Think russell brand said recently that focusing on ISIS was the least of our problems vs corporation power.  Dont agree with everything he says but agree on this one.
Divinespark

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:50:08 PM

The islamisation of France has progressed rapidly in recent decades
Plus a huge base of demented, lazy-ass left-wingers who won't work but hold all kinds of ill-considered political views

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:40:22 PM

Plus a huge base of demented, lazy-ass left-wingers who won't work but hold all kinds of ill-considered political views

The French people, on average are much more left-wing when compared to, say the Germans. And this is the root cause of all the problems. It all started in the 1960s, when the French workers refused to work on Saturdays / Sundays. Then they demanded 6-hour workdays, and that too just 4 days a week. The companies were forced to import people from Algeria and Morocco, to fill the gap. The migrant generation was very hard working, and in most cases secular. But the children of these same migrants have turned to criminal activity and religious radicalism.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:08:25 PM

Disturbing fact that people equate liberal to being lazy ass left wingers.

Is is right to equate conservative to being greedy crony ass right winger?
TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:56:02 PM

There is no Right and Left, there is only Right and Wrong.

Disturbing fact that people equate liberal to being lazy ass left wingers.

Is is right to equate conservative to being greedy crony ass right winger?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: