Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:38:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am so incredibly bored of bitcoin  (Read 3655 times)
Wexlike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:54:04 PM

I have an idea for excitement: start going to a gym and lifting weights. Then as the weeks go by you can keep looking in the mirror and admire the growth in your muscles. Then before you know it, you've added 5-10 lbs of muscle and the price of Bitcoin is making another run allowing you to have both money and muscle and you can bang any chick you want.  Grin You asked for it. Tongue

Already done that, i have olympic equip at home and a quite good record regarding my lifts. But thank you, nice try. Smiley

A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:03:22 PM

Go back and read threads of this sub from 2-3 years back.  Hilarious and enlightening.  Also, scary to notice that absolutely nothing has changed about the dialogue 2-3 yrs ago as opposed to today.  Without the post dates and price quotes, you'd think you were reading threads from this past year.

One major thing to notice from those old threads, is the posters' names.  Most of them no longer post in this subforum.  Reason?  They probably got bored of this sub after 9-12 months.  Or sold out, or pissed away all of their bitcoin and/or lost an interest in bitcoin.  Or all of the above.

See the point is, bitcoin has these extremely once-a-year rare moments of excitement, followed by months and months and months and months of downturn, trolling, bearishness, and boring-ness.  It's all just noise in between the spikes.

So if you don't find something else in it to keep your interest, or find something else to do in the meantime, you'll likely be gone from here soon as well.  Just like all those other posters from years back.

Final thought: Stay away from the never ending altcoin scene, it'll drive you insane.  There will be no end to the madness of the next "shiny new" overkill shit coin coming out every month for years to come.  Right now we might have hundreds of shit coins, in a few years we could literally have thousands.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:12:27 PM

One major thing to notice from those old threads, is the posters' names.  Most of them no longer post in this subforum.  Reason?  They probably got bored of this sub after 9-12 months.  Or sold out, or pissed away all of their bitcoin and/or lost an interest in bitcoin.  Or all of the above.

See the point is, bitcoin has these extremely once-a-year rare moments of excitement, followed by months and months and months and months of downturn, trolling, bearishness, and boring-ness.  It's all just noise in between the spikes.

Lots of truth here.  Personally, I don't think I've ever been as excited about anything and needing to learn/read/do all the time as I was when I first discovered Bitcoin.  Anyone will get burnt out at that rate.  I'm still very excited about it, but it's just a bit muted - since I've been through a few cycles now and am able to relax and enjoy more during the corrections and downturns.

That said, I remember things being very boring last summer too.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:43:09 PM

Nothing groundbreaking will happen in Bitcoin, true.
So what's wrong with PoS?

Go back and read threads of this sub from 2-3 years back.  Hilarious and enlightening.  Also, scary to notice that absolutely nothing has changed about the dialogue 2-3 yrs ago as opposed to today.

Can't be true. Overall tone about the boredom of Bitcoin may have been the same, but 2-3 years ago some of the crypto technologies that exist today simply didn't exist. Apparently you guys don't investigate the crypto industry deep enough and only scratch on the surface. There is a lot of exciting things coming up this year. But not in Bitcoin. Bitcoin is stagnating, it's a relict already.
dyland

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:46:17 PM

I think it's exciting and holds a lot of promise, but a revolution in the way people think about money and a paradigmatic shift and overhaul of the most entrenched institution of the world will take some time to dovetail into expectations and the technological promise. 

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
mustang77

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:55:37 PM

Somewhat legit. The wait is going to be so slow while early adopters (real early adopters not us) enjoy bing filthy rich. I missed the boat, barely only have 1 BTC. Just kill me.
devphp

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:03:19 PM

Somewhat legit. The wait is going to be so slow while early adopters (real early adopters not us) enjoy bing filthy rich. I missed the boat, barely only have 1 BTC. Just kill me.

No, you should live and learn. Bitcoin won't make you rich though.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:11:08 PM

I'm not sure what some people think Bitcoin is.  It's not a fashion statement or a new trend, it's a safe place to potentially put ur money with ground breaking technology.  If your looking for excitement get a new hobby or learn more about a topic that you don't understand that involves cryptography.  Also please don't confuse every new altcoin with Bitcoin..  They are in no way the same and should not be lumped together as "Bitcoin."  Maybe it's just me but the OP just comes off as fud light even though I personally tend to agree with some of the points in the post. 
Damnyo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:56:02 PM

Good times will come again. Stay strong.
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:56:58 PM

anything gets tiring overtime. just take a break and comeback 10 years later

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:20:57 PM

I am so bored of bitcoin.

When i started reading about bitcoin in august/september 2013 i was so hyped up over this new and revolutionary tech. I was reading forums and reddits from morning till evening. I invested in mining gear and made my first slow steps in the crypto revolution. The bubble was just awesome, i was staring the whole day on my priceticker app on my smartphone. It went up, and down, and up and crashed. And up again. Fucking adrenaline !

But now, i think i am sick. I have the crypto fatigue. It's just not exciting anymore.

Wow, there is a new PoS ?? It's called DPoS !! Meh, whatever. It's still PoS.
Wow, there is a new altcoin ?? It has feature XYZ !! Meh, whatever. I saw the same feature in 10 different coins.
Wow, there is a new asset blockchain ?? Meh, it's the fifth now ?
Wow, there is a new mining algorithm !! Check it out - forever asic resistent !! Meh, seriously ?? Another algo? Just die.

Everything was fresh and i saw opportunities everywhere. Now it's just gray and boring.

I managed to pile a few bitcoins when i thought it reached the bottom (most of my buys happened in the 350-450$ range) and now i continue to buy ~200$ of bitcoins every month when the price dips a little. I had 10 gpu's and it was exciting as fuck to mine and manage and babysit my rigs. Now, i sold most of them. With the rest i am mining monero - what else ? The rigs are running, nothing to babysit anymore.

Reading forums is just plain and simple boring. Nothing happens. There are almost zero really interesting/intellectual threads. Just a few trolls crying over 15$ price swings. Wow, the adrenaline !!!
Nothing groundbreaking will happen in the near future. We all are waiting for the ETF. And of course bitcoin will increase in value. It is just an inevitable fact. We are all early adopters. But it won't happen because a logarithmic trend line screams for the start of a new bubble. It will happen through adoption and the money flow caused by the ETF. Stop being unrealistic with your expectations.

There is nothing left to do.

My train ticket is bought. My crypto knowledge is solid enough. My coins are secured.

Now, i can only wait.

But it's so incredibly boring.

Your life shouldn't revolve around money, whether it's bitcoin or stock investments.

Congratulations, you've taken time to learn and understand bitcoin, acquire some and maybe become comfortable spending with merchants as well.

Now move on to something else in life and learn something else new. Bitcoin will still be here in 5 years with or without you, just like gold coins or ExxonMobile stock.
richardramirez9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:21:14 AM

Im bored too because i missed the boat and im not rich, so i feel suicidal on a daily motherfucking basis.
devphp

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:52:30 AM

Im bored too because i missed the boat and im not rich, so i feel suicidal on a daily motherfucking basis.

There are other boats preparing to sail, don't miss those.

It takes the same efforts to believe in those boats as it took early bitcoin adopters to believe in bitcoin. But bitcoin is not going much higher, it can appreciate more, but not on the scale as some other 'boats'. So you can't get rich with bitcoin any more, only to save your money from inflation.
dadugan

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:49:48 PM

There are other boats preparing to sail, don't miss those.

It takes the same efforts to believe in those boats as it took early bitcoin adopters to believe in bitcoin. But bitcoin is not going much higher, it can appreciate more, but not on the scale as some other 'boats'. So you can't get rich with bitcoin any more, only to save your money from inflation.

Just buy some coins and come back in a few years.

Early adopters made a great deal of money, late comer will not get as much reward.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: