Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:25:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Satoshi Nakamoto graduate in the 60's?  (Read 2235 times)
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1119
Merit: 1017

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 08:01:53 PM

The last word in Satoshi's paper is "mechanism".
In the forum his last word was "chain".
This makes me think that Satoshi has some fascination for perpetual movement.
He may have studied Physics and Classical Mechanics.
Note that his last reference in the paper is a very old book. Possibly one that he found in a library in the 60's when he was graduating.

#Sun #Moon #Gold #Water #Coin

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 08:26:12 PM

Why do you feel the need to disrespect Satoshi's desire for anonymity? Was his/her/their gift to the world not enough to satisfy you?

Do you always shit all over those who have done you a huge favor and asked almost nothing in return?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
CryptoDomains

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:29:01 PM

Or he just read a book from the 60's lol
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:49:48 PM

Or he just read a book from the 60's lol

NO!  IT MUST HAVE BEEN IN THE SCHOOL LIBRARY!  SATSOSHI FOUND!  THE END
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:13:56 AM

Note that his last reference in the paper is a very old book. Possibly one that he found in a library in the 60's when he was graduating.

#Sun #Moon #Gold #Water #Coin

Mechanism & Chain are also something that comes easy to a person interested in model trains Wink

9kv

Activity: 145

Learning

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:15:13 AM

Mechanisms and chains are also related to watches.

SATOSHI NAKAMOTO WAS A WATCH COLLECTOR!!!!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:22:51 AM

using your logic of grabbing just a couple words he uses

Quote from: satoshi link=topic=2228.msg29479#msg29479
overflow

block

Quote from: satoshi link=topic=2216.msg29280#msg29280
Leaks

maybe,.,, he is a plumber

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Candystripes

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:27:28 AM

Who do you think Satoshi is, an 11-year old genius who already lives by himself? He most probably graduated in the 60's-70's.

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1119
Merit: 1017

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 12:45:25 AM

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 01:31:51 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 01:43:45 AM by Beliathon

overflow

block

Leaks

Nay sir, nay I say!

Satoshi Nakamoto is clearly a brilliant Military Strategist and leader! Behold this secret message I have decoded, surely an inspiring speech for the troops!

"Trust (our) strong history! Attackers (will be) routed all at once. Coordination rules! Enforced.. something something... I need a pee"

Perhaps Satoshi Nakamoto is time-travelling Sun Tzu who was sent to our continuum by a Schrodinger experiment!

Could this be the true face of Satoshi?

Mayhap, brothers! In any case, we must HODL!

If you liked this post, donate some BTC to Sean's Outpost. The homeless need it more than I do: 1M72Sfpbz1BPpXFHz9m3CdqATR44Jvaydd

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:45:24 AM

Commerce on the Internet has come to rely almost exclusively on financial institutions serving as
trusted third parties to process electronic payments. While the system works well enough for
most transactions, it still suffers from the inherent weaknesses of the trust based model.
Completely non-reversible transactions are not really possible, since financial institutions cannot
avoid mediating disputes. The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions,
and there is a broader cost in the loss of ability to make non-reversible payments for non-
reversible services. With the possibility of reversal, the need for trust spreads. Merchants must
be wary of their customers, hassling them for more information than they would otherwise need.
A certain percentage of fraud is accepted as unavoidable. These costs and payment uncertainties
can be avoided in person by using physical currency, but no mechanism exists to make payments
over a communications channel without a trusted party.
What is needed is an electronic payment system based on cryptographic proof instead of trust,
allowing any two willing parties to transact directly with each other without the need for a trusted
third party. Transactions that are computationally impractical to reverse would protect sellers
from fraud, and routine escrow mechanisms could easily be implemented to protect buyers. In
this paper, we propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer distributed
timestamp server to generate computational proof of the chronological order of transactions. The
system is secure as long as honest nodes collectively control more CPU power than any
cooperating group of attacker nodes.

well he talks about parties alot and models that offer payments for services. maybe he is a PIMP

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:03:17 AM

Why do you feel the need to disrespect Satoshi's desire for anonymity? Was his/her/their gift to the world not enough to satisfy you?

Do you always shit all over those who have done you a huge favor and asked almost nothing in return?

Good point. Thank you BFL for being the number supplier of bitcoin miners that help secure the network. Why I opted to shit on you is beyond me, for you've asked almost nothing in return.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:05:51 AM

overflow

block

Leaks

-Or he just suffers from IBS.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:51:38 AM

overflow

block

Leaks

-Or he just suffers from IBS.

Excellent point! I've found another word that Satoshi commonly used (punctuation mine): Not!
gordoh

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:23:33 AM

So what happens if somebody confesses to being Satoshi?

How will he be able to prove without a doubt that it is him?
nicepumper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:55:17 PM

Isnt he like 39
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:02:19 PM

This is some pretty weak evidence whatsoever...
The old book on the other hand looks like something an old graduate could have had in his bookcase.
kittycatbtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:32:45 PM

Satoshi is way younger to have graduated at 60!!
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:58:31 PM

I think it's interesting how people look for evidence that supports their own theories about Satoshi. For the Bitcoin community he really is the Rockstar or even messiah... I sometimes wonder whether he was that famous if he was still active!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
CryptoDomains

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:52:57 AM

Why do you have to attend a school in 1960 to have read a book printed in 1960?

Some people have no right to make a theory when they apparently cannot tie their own shoe.

I just read the bible therefore I attended school 2000+ years ago, the end.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: