Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:49:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Going in hard for mining! Mining Blog![UPPDATE]  (Read 7944 times)
Sakarias-Corporation (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 09:50:19 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 01:21:16 PM by Sakarias-Corporation

We can now host your mining riggs for just a small % of the miners income!
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=776290.0

Hello! i have my own power source! and im going to start to mine! i will uppdate here Weekly as soon as there's any news Smiley!

10 X
just got my hands on Toughpowers 1500W PSUs Smiley
3 X
3 X

as soon as i can i'll buy 10x S1 Upgrade kits aswell!

OS to mine with: Linux
Wallet: Trezor
Pool, haven't decided yet.

what more should i buy guys ? any special pool i should join or go Solo when i get enough TH/S?

Power cost:0$
Cooling cost:0$
Money Spent so far: 1000$
Money earned so far: 0$

(rigs not up yet hehe)

so i just got my S1 Home, i haven't set them up yet, just changed the IP adress, i need to move them to my other house (which i will host my rig at) before i power them up and start mining, the picture is very bad. as soon as everything is up i'll post a new one.

AH look what i found, so my friend was looking through his basement after some computer equipment we thought we might could use but instead we found 3 600W PSUS Smiley

We are going to move the rig on the 18th to our main mining house Smiley

Sorry for the bad Updates. we've been scammed on some Equipment.
i hopps to have a picture of the miners up and running soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you fiund this little blog intressting please Donate Smiley 1K4PjekFPp72CipTBa226xsR16M3JnwVNn  all BTC will go to new gear !

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 10:12:30 AM

*RESERVED*

MovieBTC

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:41:32 AM

This Will be great to read! You should get some S3, or maybe more S1 Will be better since you don't have to pay for energy! Its cheaper.

Code: Hello

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 10:46:14 AM

Thank you @MovieBTC, yeah i might get some 1TH/S but then again, lots of S1s will be cheaper Smiley

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 12:48:42 PM

Does the $1000 you spent on those S1s include power supply units to run them?  If yes, you got a pretty good deal there.  If not, you need to factor in the cost of PSUs (unless you just happen to have enough PSUs lying around your place to drive 10 S1s).

With 10 S1s, you're only going to get a max of 2TH/s if you overclock them.  Once you get the upgrade kits, you could potentially get 5TH/s assuming good overclocking.

Out of curiosity, how much usable power does your "power source" generate?  Also, are you the same person who posted previously, albeit under a different user name, asking about whether or not you should mine given that you had your own power source?  What kind of budget do you have to purchase gear?  Finally, what are you doing about dispensing the heat generated by all of those miners?

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 02:31:27 PM

Does the $1000 you spent on those S1s include power supply units to run them?  If yes, you got a pretty good deal there.  If not, you need to factor in the cost of PSUs (unless you just happen to have enough PSUs lying around your place to drive 10 S1s).

With 10 S1s, you're only going to get a max of 2TH/s if you overclock them.  Once you get the upgrade kits, you could potentially get 5TH/s assuming good overclocking.

Out of curiosity, how much usable power does your "power source" generate?  Also, are you the same person who posted previously, albeit under a different user name, asking about whether or not you should mine given that you had your own power source?  What kind of budget do you have to purchase gear?  Finally, what are you doing about dispensing the heat generated by all of those miners?

Hello! yes the 1000$ include Power supply for all units Smiley! yeah around 2TH/S sounds about right, hoppe to get some more in a week or two (+ the upgrade kits)

i have enough spare power to supply around 800 S1s maybe, and i could always buy a wind turbine hehe Smiley

no i'm not the same pwerson as the last guy, this is my 4th time checking in on the mining part, tho i got introduced to this site from a friend who uses the name MovieBTC Smiley

dispensing heal won't be a problem, i have a WHOLE rom which i will design to do one thing and one thing only, to keep all the miners cooled, ofcourse it will cost a lost, but i'm already down to -23C (without all the fans).

my budget varis alot, but i would say around 6000-20000 Dollars maybe.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:43:45 PM

What is your own power source if you don't mind me asking?

i own a farm (with a bunch of other people) filled with solar panels and some wind turbines, we sell the energy back to the ''power sations'' in exchange for free power at our houses and some +$ Smiley

superking123

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:48:08 PM

He's got 10,000 gigawatts of bullshit.

1GU7761x1kETD5vB2Pvs99XNWSskm8tKpY

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:55:36 PM

He's got 10,000 gigawatts of bullshit.

no i don't, and when everything is set up and done i will post pictures.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 09:43:30 PM

Hello! yes the 1000$ include Power supply for all units Smiley! yeah around 2TH/S sounds about right, hoppe to get some more in a week or two (+ the upgrade kits)

i have enough spare power to supply around 800 S1s maybe, and i could always buy a wind turbine hehe Smiley

no i'm not the same pwerson as the last guy, this is my 4th time checking in on the mining part, tho i got introduced to this site from a friend who uses the name MovieBTC Smiley

dispensing heal won't be a problem, i have a WHOLE rom which i will design to do one thing and one thing only, to keep all the miners cooled, ofcourse it will cost a lost, but i'm already down to -23C (without all the fans).

He's the guy who started the other thread asking virtually the same thing... has his own power and wants to know if he should get into mining.  That's why I asked Smiley

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 10:00:49 PM

He's the guy who started the other thread asking virtually the same thing... has his own power and wants to know if he should get into mining.  That's why I asked Smiley

yeah he's a friend, we thought about getting into mining together hehe, he just beat me to this site

mwizard

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:47:15 PM

i own a farm (with a bunch of other people) filled with solar panels and some wind turbines, we sell the energy back to the ''power sations'' in exchange for free power at our houses and some +$ Smiley

If you are able to generate enough surplus power to run 800 S1 miners why not sell it to the power company?  I would be surprised if a power company flatly refused to take your surplus power.  They can usually resell 'green' power at a premium.

Any costing of mining would need to include this alternative of selling your surplus power rather than mining.

Also you would need to clearly understand your legal agreement with your power company.  800 S1s implies a constant 0.25 Megawatts of power needs to be available to your miners on a 24*7 basis.  This is not a good match to the normal solar/wind power generating capacity.

You need to totally understand your legal agreement with the "power stations".  Drawing 0.25 Megawatts from the grid at peak load times is not likely to be a free exercise.

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:31:54 AM

If you are able to generate enough surplus power to run 800 S1 miners why not sell it to the power company?  I would be surprised if a power company flatly refused to take your surplus power.  They can usually resell 'green' power at a premium.

He is selling power to the electricity company already. And they may have a maximum amount of power that they buy off of green electricity farms, thus leading the OP to have a "surplus".

Any costing of mining would need to include this alternative of selling your surplus power rather than mining.

Also in high electricity cost states the power company still only pays $0.08 per KW. Each antminer will use about 8 KW in a day, which would only be worth $0.65 if sold to the electricity company (these numbers are even lower if in the Mid-west areas with low demand). Antminer S1's will still make $2.38 a day in bitcoin, so even without price speculation the antminers would pay more per KW (not factoring in cooling expenses at the moment)

Also you would need to clearly understand your legal agreement with your power company.  800 S1s implies a constant 0.25 Megawatts of power needs to be available to your miners on a 24*7 basis.  This is not a good match to the normal solar/wind power generating capacity.

If he has surplus power during the day and stores it in industrial batteries at night, there would be no need to pull any power from the electric company at all (although batteries are very costly if he doesn't already have them)

You need to totally understand your legal agreement with the "power stations".  Drawing 0.25 Megawatts from the grid at peak load times is not likely to be a free exercise.

Peak hours are during the afternoon at which time the OP already is generating extra electricity from solar/wind and thus would not need to pull any electricity during peak hours

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
mwizard

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:11:57 AM

What powers your miners overnight?

Do you have some huge energy storage method?  Or do you 'buy' power from the grid?

Using 0.25 Megawatts means 6MWh  per day.  If it all comes from solar that is a large solar system capable of supporting say 100 homes. That is not a small cost.

More details on the power source please, especially how the night is handled.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 10:04:09 AM

Hello! i'm already selling back power to the company Smiley

DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:09:39 AM

What about posting some proof with your nickname in your hand on paper or something like that?
Not saying you're lying but we have alot of people with wild fantasy here Tongue.
Looks like nice project otherwise!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 10:16:38 AM

What powers your miners overnight?

Do you have some huge energy storage method?  Or do you 'buy' power from the grid?

Using 0.25 Megawatts means 6MWh  per day.  If it all comes from solar that is a large solar system capable of supporting say 100 homes. That is not a small cost.

More details on the power source please, especially how the night is handled.

as i said we're selling back Energy to the company so we get free energy to our houses, but we do have a generator that stores energy at the farm to, but its hardly ever used anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 10:22:44 AM

What about posting some proof with your nickname in your hand on paper or something like that?
Not saying you're lying but we have alot of people with wild fantasy here Tongue.
Looks like nice project otherwise!

yeah i should be able to fix that Smiley!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 10:35:05 AM

He is selling power to the electricity company already. And they may have a maximum amount of power that they buy off of green electricity farms, thus leading the OP to have a "surplus".

Also in high electricity cost states the power company still only pays $0.08 per KW. Each antminer will use about 8 KW in a day, which would only be worth $0.65 if sold to the electricity company (these numbers are even lower if in the Mid-west areas with low demand). Antminer S1's will still make $2.38 a day in bitcoin, so even without price speculation the antminers would pay more per KW (not factoring in cooling expenses at the moment)

If he has surplus power during the day and stores it in industrial batteries at night, there would be no need to pull any power from the electric company at all (although batteries are very costly if he doesn't already have them)

Peak hours are during the afternoon at which time the OP already is generating extra electricity from solar/wind and thus would not need to pull any electricity during peak hours

Thank you Smiley! coulden't have said it better myself !

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 12:24:21 PM

Thank you Smiley! coulden't have said it better myself !
So what happens when it's not sunny and it's not windy?  Batteries only last so long.  I know right now you're only talking about 10 S1s, so the power company probably won't complain too loudly if you're pulling that power from them on the non-sunny/non-windy days.  It'll be a different story altogether if you've got 800 units and suddenly you're yanking over a quarter megawatt.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: