Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:32:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Going in hard for mining! Mining Blog![UPPDATE]  (Read 7947 times)
Sakarias-Corporation (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 12:33:35 PM

If you are able to generate enough surplus power to run 800 S1 miners why not sell it to the power company?  I would be surprised if a power company flatly refused to take your surplus power.  They can usually resell 'green' power at a premium.

He is selling power to the electricity company already. And they may have a maximum amount of power that they buy off of green electricity farms, thus leading the OP to have a "surplus".

Any costing of mining would need to include this alternative of selling your surplus power rather than mining.

Also in high electricity cost states the power company still only pays $0.08 per KW. Each antminer will use about 8 KW in a day, which would only be worth $0.65 if sold to the electricity company (these numbers are even lower if in the Mid-west areas with low demand). Antminer S1's will still make $2.38 a day in bitcoin, so even without price speculation the antminers would pay more per KW (not factoring in cooling expenses at the moment)

Also you would need to clearly understand your legal agreement with your power company.  800 S1s implies a constant 0.25 Megawatts of power needs to be available to your miners on a 24*7 basis.  This is not a good match to the normal solar/wind power generating capacity.

If he has surplus power during the day and stores it in industrial batteries at night, there would be no need to pull any power from the electric company at all (although batteries are very costly if he doesn't already have them)

You need to totally understand your legal agreement with the "power stations".  Drawing 0.25 Megawatts from the grid at peak load times is not likely to be a free exercise.

Peak hours are during the afternoon at which time the OP already is generating extra electricity from solar/wind and thus would not need to pull any electricity during peak hours

Thank you Smiley! coulden't have said it better myself !
So what happens when it's not sunny and it's not windy?  Batteries only last so long.  I know right now you're only talking about 10 S1s, so the power company probably won't complain too loudly if you're pulling that power from them on the non-sunny/non-windy days.  It'll be a different story altogether if you've got 800 units and suddenly you're yanking over a quarter megawatt.

if there would be a day (week ) with no wind, no sun and the battaries run out and the power company won't pay the bills (highly unlikely tho hehe) then i'll just have to pay for the power that day or week Smiley Which would be something like 0,09/0,10 KwH

Euthanasiaa

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:58:57 PM

Sounds cool! will be fun to see some updates when you get the gear up !
thew3apon

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:26:59 PM

Nice, but why not replace the 10x s1 with 10x s3? isn't that better in the long run?

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 01:52:25 PM

Nice, but why not replace the 10x s1 with 10x s3? isn't that better in the long run?

Deppends, i can get 2 S1s and some BTC left for the same ammount that a S3 is worth, but we might get some S3s aswell Smiley

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 11:03:38 PM

bad picture of my S1s that JUST arrived Smiley

fussel-fuel-four

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:00:20 PM

I think you got a good deal, 2TH for $1,000!

Where did you buy from?

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 09:51:24 AM

I think you got a good deal, 2TH for $1,000!

Where did you buy from?

Local deal, i think i'll buy 10-20 more as soon as i get these up Smiley

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:04:53 PM

Awesome thread!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 05:05:21 PM

Awesome thread!

Thanks Smiley

Sorry for the bad uppdates, we've recently been skammen by a member on this forum on some ''gear'' we bought.

i will try to get a picture up of all the miners working soon Smiley

we've chossen SlushPool to ber our mining pool at the moment Smiley

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 10:48:45 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 08:49:03 AM by Sakarias-Corporation

we can now host other peoples mining riggs for only a % of what they are mining Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=776290.0

cryptomad

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:41:18 PM

congrats Hope your Mining goes well  Cool

Spend GCN at World of electronics Transfer files at www.gfile.us 10k free per transfer Smiley

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 08:47:46 AM

congrats Hope your Mining goes well  Cool

Thank you Smiley

mwizard

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:08:51 PM

I suspect you are better off selling the power back to the power company.  

You mention you have enough power for 800 S1s.  This implies a constant 0.25 Megawatts of power or you are generating at least 6 MWh (6,000kWh) of energy per day.

You appear to be feeding power to the power company during the day but drawing back during the night.

If you sell the 6MWh to the power company at $0.05 per kWh you would earn 0.05*6,000 or $300 per day or $9,000 per month.  It is likely you could sell for more - you quote $0.08 kWh above.

At $0.05 per kWh you make $9,000 per month with no effort, risks or capital costs.  At $0.08 per kWh you make close to $15,000 per month.

I would be surprised if you could make this much money by mining or hosting miners.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 02:56:28 PM

I suspect you are better off selling the power back to the power company.  

You mention you have enough power for 800 S1s.  This implies a constant 0.25 Megawatts of power or you are generating at least 6 MWh (6,000kWh) of energy per day.

You appear to be feeding power to the power company during the day but drawing back during the night.

If you sell the 6MWh to the power company at $0.05 per kWh you would earn 0.05*6,000 or $300 per day or $9,000 per month.  It is likely you could sell for more - you quote $0.08 kWh above.

At $0.05 per kWh you make $9,000 per month with no effort, risks or capital costs.  At $0.08 per kWh you make close to $15,000 per month.

I would be surprised if you could make this much money by mining or hosting miners.

Hello, at the moment i might eran more to sell back completly to the power company, but if the BTC price would go up in the future then mining would be a lot better for me Smiley

homm88

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BTC/Doge

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:06:07 AM

This is a great mining rigs which you have made. I completely admire your efforts and I can say that you are doing a very good job creating such a good hardware. It will be great if you can share the methods how to make these hardware and where do you buy such hardware from?

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 09:31:40 AM

This is a great mining rigs which you have made. I completely admire your efforts and I can say that you are doing a very good job creating such a good hardware. It will be great if you can share the methods how to make these hardware and where do you buy such hardware from?

Thank you Smiley! I got the the Antminer S1 local from a Guy who sells them in bulk so I might buy 10more from him soon Smiley my 4 600w psus are from a site called "webhallen" and my friend found the 5th psu in his basement Smiley the "thoughpower" is also locally bought, they run very well Smiley
I don't recommend buying the cheap 600w for 25euro, I did that once and they blew up.
I'm thinking of buying the S1 upgrade kit either local or from EBay soon.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:26:06 PM

I was thinking of buying a lot more S1s and sell some shares on then, what do you guys think ?

btcm4n14c

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:06:06 PM

I was thinking of buying a lot more S1s and sell some shares on then, what do you guys think ?

stick to mining for your own, u dont want headaches ...
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:11:05 AM

I think this guy is full of shit.  He talks constantly about his free power but never says what it is.  Solar farm and windmills?  Take photos and post them for us, OP.

This guy is going to be the next jrose120 from Pompano Beach, Florida.  For those of you who don't know, Jrose120 was over at the litecoin forums all last winter.  He was a guy with good computer knowledge who got all caught up in buying GPUs during the time of their huge price surge.  He even borrowed $50,000 from his cousin to buy more. 

Then he put everything on a crapcoin called Solarcoin, and basically lost his ass.  He stopped posting at the litecoin forums when he got poop on his face from his poorly timed investment.

I still laugh at him whan I think about it.  If he had stayed mining he could've pulled a profit out if it, but he was a quitter.
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:56:13 AM

I think this guy is full of shit.  He talks constantly about his free power but never says what it is.  Solar farm and windmills?  Take photos and post them for us, OP.

This guy is going to be the next jrose120 from Pompano Beach, Florida.  For those of you who don't know, Jrose120 was over at the litecoin forums all last winter.  He was a guy with good computer knowledge who got all caught up in buying GPUs during the time of their huge price surge.  He even borrowed $50,000 from his cousin to buy more. 

Then he put everything on a crapcoin called Solarcoin, and basically lost his ass.  He stopped posting at the litecoin forums when he got poop on his face from his poorly timed investment.

I still laugh at him whan I think about it.  If he had stayed mining he could've pulled a profit out if it, but he was a quitter.
I don't think that it's him but it would be nice to see that photo, we already see that he has miners so it isn't purely his imagination and i personaly trust him.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: