Due to abuse, we are suspending the asset/share transfer service on GLBSE.
Users will still be able to transfer bitcoin between accounts instantly and freely.
Over recent days it has become clear that a number of the users of the
GLBSE are either not aware of, or haven't read, the exchange's Terms Of
To combat this problem we are providing official notice of the existence
of our TOS, which can be found here
We have also cleaned them up and formalized them a bit in an effort to
make them clearer and easier for our users to understand. No substantive
changes have been made from the previous version.
In the near future we will also be requiring existing and new users to
perform a one-time acknowledgment and acceptance of these TOS during the
login and account sign-up process. This will be repeated at any point
that our TOS change in the future to ensure that all users maintain
awareness of our policies.
GLBSE is a Bitcoin denominated capital market. Further details can be
found at www.glbse.com
with any inquiries.
1. The Global Bitcoin Stock Exchange (GLBSE), BitcoinGlobal, its employees and owners, hereafter referred to as "the Exchange", assume no responsibility or liability for any actions by any government, government body, or government agency, against any person, individual, group, organisation, or company, hereafter referred to as "the Users", as a result of using, trading, listing, or issuing assets on this exchange.
2. The Exchange assumes no responsibility or liability for any fraud committed on this exchange, but will do its best to prevent its occurrence.
3. The Exchange assumes no responsibility for the terms of assets that are traded or listed on the Exchange, or for the actions of any of the Users issuing assets that are traded or listed on the Exchange.
4. It is not the Exchange's responsibility to ensure that those trading, listing, or issuing assets on the Exchange are operating according to any kind of rules, regulations, laws, or standards those trading, listing, or issuing assets on the Exchange are subject to in any jurisdiction, beyond these terms of service.
5. The Users of the Exchange take full responsibility for their own actions, and any consequences resulting from those actions. It is the Users' own responsibility to determine the risks involved in depositing funds with the Exchange, creating assets, executing trades, or any other activity or action related to the use of the Exchange, or any of its current services.
6. The Exchange is currently beta release software, and as such the Exchange assumes no responsibility or liability for any losses that may be incurred if the Exchange is taken offline to deal with any problems that may arise. The Exchange makes no guarantees as to the correct functioning of its services until it is removed from beta release, although the Exchange will do its best to ensure it is functioning correctly. The Users use the Exchange at their own risk.
7. The Exchange will make its best effort to ensure that all data on the Exchange is properly backed up in the event of a system failure, or any other event. However the Exchange makes no guarantees. The Exchange is a best effort service and will remain so until it moves beyond the beta stage of development.
8. The Exchange may at its discretion ask asset creators to provide proof of identity, address, phone number, or any other information as deemed appropriate. Said information will be held securely offline and not shared with any third party.
9. The Exchange reserves the right to suspend trading of any asset, or suspend access to an asset creator's account, for failure of an asset creator to provide requested information, or in the event of suspected fraud.
10. By using the Exchange, and any of its current services, the Users agree to these terms of service.
11. These terms of service are subject to change without notice.
April 8th, 2012