Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 06:31:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cloud Mining - 3 Reviews  (Read 2007 times)
impulsecorp (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 02:19:42 PM

I reviewed some bitcoin cloud mining services in my blog posting at http://www.impulsecorp.com/strike-it-rich-with-bitcoin-cloud-mining

- Eric
joust

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:18:55 PM

Hi Eric,

Always good to see an independent take, and if you'd like to try Megamine just give us a shout - happy to give you a small 10GHs account (we don't sell those but can create one so you can test it out).

J
www.megamine.com

impulsecorp (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 08:23:26 PM

I added Megamine to the list now at http://www.impulsecorp.com/strike-it-rich-with-bitcoin-cloud-mining
joust

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:38:21 PM

Thanks. I'm still not seeing it but that's probably BT caching my home connection Smiley

As I said, if you'd like a freebie account to have a look at our portal then please just shout. It won't make you rich but you can have a good play and we are always happy to get feedback from people that have seen a wide variety of services.

J

zdaz14

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:33:47 PM

Thanks. I'm still not seeing it but that's probably BT caching my home connection Smiley

As I said, if you'd like a freebie account to have a look at our portal then please just shout. It won't make you rich but you can have a good play and we are always happy to get feedback from people that have seen a wide variety of services.

J

Very interesting site! Any chance that in the future you'll be bringing about smaller amounts to be purchased? I'm a recent graduate and dropping ~$300 on cloud mining is a bit of a risk for me to take personally, where something a bit cheaper would be easier for me to swallow.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:35:51 PM

The review is a little confusing in some places.  For Cloudhashers for example you say it will produce profit after 1.5 months but you bought a 24 hour contract for $10.  It generated $0.25 the first day, but for some reason they continued to hash for you for 3 days.  At $0.25/day with no difficulty increase it would need to hash for 40 days to earn the $10 back but the contract was for 1 day.
impulsecorp (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 12:11:56 AM

I updated my posting at http://www.impulsecorp.com/strike-it-rich-with-bitcoin-cloud-mining with revised stats for the 3 cloud mining services that I reviewed. All 3 are doing just as well after 7 days as after 5 days, and CloudHashers is still paying out after a week even though when I bought it it seemed to indicate it would only pay out for 24 hours.  On the other hand it will take around 8 weeks to break even, so I have no idea if it will keep mining for that long. I will keep the results updated on my original blog posting.
zdaz14

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:34:33 AM

I updated my posting at http://www.impulsecorp.com/strike-it-rich-with-bitcoin-cloud-mining with revised stats for the 3 cloud mining services that I reviewed. All 3 are doing just as well after 7 days as after 5 days, and CloudHashers is still paying out after a week even though when I bought it it seemed to indicate it would only pay out for 24 hours.  On the other hand it will take around 8 weeks to break even, so I have no idea if it will keep mining for that long. I will keep the results updated on my original blog posting.

You're going to need to update your post with GAWs recent announcement https://hashtalk.org/t/new-members-of-the-hashlet-family-and-free-mining/10020/45
impulsecorp (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 12:51:52 AM

Thanks, I updated my blog posting with that new info now.
I was unclear from that Hashlet announcement about 2 things:
1. What the price of the Hashlet Prime will be.
2. If the Hashlet Solo has the same automatic upgrade feature of the Hashlet Prime.
zdaz14

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:44:16 AM

Hashlet Prime is 39.99. It will get all of the future updates/changes for free. The Solos will be stuck to just their selected pool (ZenPool costs the most and it goes down to $16ish from there to the least paying pool) GAW said that if one of the pools ever became unprofitable they would bump up the Solo to the next pool to return it to making money.
impulsecorp (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 08:46:15 AM

The Hashlet website was not working at the time, but now their site shows all that new info, so I updated my blog posting with with it.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6748

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 05:34:59 AM

Is cloud mining still good ROI ??

impulsecorp (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 09:29:57 AM

That is a hard question to answer. From my 8 days of trying it so far, I would say it is better and easier than non-cloud mining (although I have never actually done any non-cloud mining). It all depends on how you interpret the results I posted in my review at http://www.impulsecorp.com/strike-it-rich-with-bitcoin-cloud-mining (I updated the results yesterday, and they are still earning at the same rate today).

2 of my cloud mining purchases are making over 100% annual returns, which is amazing. But, we will see in a few months if they really end up making that much. There are huge risks with Bitcoin mining, like the cloud companies could go out of business, hash rates will decreases, and the price of bitcoin could go down. Even if I make 100% on my money in a year, if I then decide it is "safe" and want to invest a lot more, by then all the potential profits may be gone. Just because it does well this year does not mean it will do well next year.

All I can say is I am pleasantly surprised so far by the results from cloud mining.

- Eric
zdaz14

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:33:21 PM

Is cloud mining still good ROI ??

I've made 25% ROI as of today after a week and a half with my hashlets. I also have GHs from Cex.io that are making only cents a day (unless you have a large amount) and I can't see those making ROI until I resell them.
impulsecorp (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 01:35:55 PM

Cex.io is still generating around a 100% annual return, plus the fact that you can sell it to get your original investment back, so the fact that it is a few cents a day is not the point. The point is you could invest a lot more and make 100%. The problem is that there is risk.  But, yes, if you have only a small amount of money to invest, then the few cents a day return is a problem.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:23:44 PM

Cex.io is still generating around a 100% annual return, plus the fact that you can sell it to get your original investment back, so the fact that it is a few cents a day is not the point. The point is you could invest a lot more and make 100%. The problem is that there is risk.  But, yes, if you have only a small amount of money to invest, then the few cents a day return is a problem.

That is a classic case of new person not looking at the trendline and only looking at the current rate of return.  It s the reason why people have lost thousands of BTC to cex.io and why ghash.io has it's own farm.

I will gladly bet 1 BTC including escrow with anybody who thinks they get 100% ROI annualized return from cex.io without actively trading.

Look at the price per GH/s over the last 8 months  Shocked
zdaz14

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:06:33 PM

That is a classic case of new person not looking at the trendline and only looking at the current rate of return.  It s the reason why people have lost thousands of BTC to cex.io and why ghash.io has it's own farm.

I will gladly bet 1 BTC including escrow with anybody who thinks they get 100% ROI annualized return from cex.io without actively trading.

Look at the price per GH/s over the last 8 months  Shocked

I've been with them for a week. GHs go for .0037X lately. I can't imagine making back my ROI through mining alone, definitely need to be active to sell GHs when they start to drop and buy when low. (which I did today when people dumped a bunch, doubled my initial purchase lol)
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:29:49 AM

Well if you don't want to buy expensive mining equipment and take care of it, and you don't want to just buy bitcoin (which right now I see as the most sensible thing to do), then cloud mining with the GAW Zen hashlet seems to be the lowest cost and highest returning service right now. See my sig for link.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money