Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:22:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please HELP !!! WILL PAY BTC  (Read 1245 times)
deano1113 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:25:08 PM

Hey My Name is Dean, I purchased a 1TH Dragon ASIC Miner yesterday, Having trouble setting it up, please can someone help me set my miner upto a pool and get it mining at 1TH.

When I set this miner up with BTCGUILD Pool, the miner was mining at 8.54GH/s and it should be mining at 1TH/s Please Help,

My Skype name is Deano1113

Best Regards,
Dean.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:13:31 PM

Hey My Name is Dean, I purchased a 1TH Dragon ASIC Miner yesterday, Having trouble setting it up, please can someone help me set my miner upto a pool and get it mining at 1TH.

When I set this miner up with BTCGUILD Pool, the miner was mining at 8.54GH/s and it should be mining at 1TH/s Please Help,

My Skype name is Deano1113

Best Regards,
Dean.

What is incorrect? Have you tried rebooting the miner, to see if it works, or have you tried a different pool?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:57:15 PM

Open it up make sure everything is connected.  You have a very odd number. 

If everything is connected well then look then take a screenshot of your mining screen and we can try to help.  Also I would try another pool.  Make sure difficulty is not set to something odd even though it should auto adjust on most, i like it on 256.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:12:50 PM

This might help:

Just make sure you set a worker difficulty on bitminter.com for their worker that is the same or higher than the difficulty set in the dragons' configs, to prevent them from throwing away valid work.

Is this the Minimum difficulty ? My worker's Min.Dif. is set to 1. What should the value be? Anything to do with CGMINER?

This is only for Dragon ASIC devices. I'm not sure if there are any other ASIC machines with the same problem.

The Dragon machines have a broken implementation of the stratum mining protocol.

With Dragon miners you have to choose in the Dragon miner's config which difficulty to mine at. The server will tell the Dragon miner to switch difficulty. Dragon miner doesn't care. Dragon miner will mine at the wrong difficulty and throw away most of your work.

Example: If the pool tells your Dragon to mine at difficulty 32 but the device's config is set to difficulty 512, then the Dragon machine will happily throw away most of your work and the pool will show you mining at a very low speed.

Solution: set the minimum difficulty for your Bitmitner worker to the same difficulty you have chosen in the Dragon miner config, or higher. You can do this under "my account" -> "workers" in the bitminter.com website menu. Click the gears icon to access the settings for a worker. Also contact the manufacturer and ask them to properly implement the stratum protocol.

If you have one or more of these horribly broken machines, make sure you follow the solution above.

If you don't have this specific mining hardware, don't worry about it.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:37:23 AM

Also make sure to leave the miner going on the pool for at least a couple of hours so that the hash rate stabilises.

Message me if you have any problems
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: