Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 02:28:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 Having nework issues (Need Help)  (Read 816 times)
Augustus@Caesar (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:58:25 PM

Hey let me start out by saying im new here so if i've done anything wrong with this post feel free to correct me. So now onto the point:
I've been using bitcoin for around a year now and I have recently gotten interested in mining so after doing some research I decided to pick up an Antminer S1. It arrived around a week ago and after some trial and error i got it hooked up and was able to login to luci. Just to let you know my miner came with a 192.168.1.99 sticker not the typical 192.168.2.xxx. I setup my pool info (i'm using slushs pool) and then plugged the miner into my Ethernet switch which runs directly into my modem and restarted the miner. No matter what I try I cant get the miner to start hashing i've tested the Ethernet cable and it checks out with a solid connection. I've been trying to get it to work for the last week with no success so Im trying my luck here. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 
bmoscato

Activity: 361
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:58:12 PM

Did you create a worker at Slush?

Pool 1:
stratum+tcp//stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333

Worker 1:
slushlogin.workerx

Password:
yourpassword
bmoscato

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:09:30 PM

The other thing I was thinking is that maybe you're not using the correct settings under WAN.  I'm assuming that you entered your gateway and DNS server?
Augustus@Caesar (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:39:32 AM

Thanks for the reply bmoscato!
Yes I created a worker and password on slush's and checked the same username and password on my computer to make sure they check out (which they do). The issue i'm having is my miner is not connecting to the internet via ethernet. How exactly do I configure the correct settings under WAN? I tried following a guide I found to no avail.
bmoscato

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:53:53 PM

Do, you know your default gateway? If not, log into your PC (assuming windows), go to the start button and in the box "search programs and files" type CMD, this will open a DOS window... From here type IPCONFIG (does not have to be caps), note the default gateway (mine is 192.168.1.1).

Also enter 8.8.8.8 for your DNS settings on the S1.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: