Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:41:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asic miner, Big Bang for a Smallish buck  (Read 1548 times)
cris12821 (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:24:38 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 08:10:47 PM by cris12821

Hey so iv gotten back into Bitcoin mining after a few years(started cpu mining) and now I've bought an Antminer U2 to get started and try it out it runs on cg-miner at a stable and cool 1.9avg GH/s.   I'm loving it so far.   I've been high into buying contract.    Now i'm looking into buying more miners of my own for personal use.

And for all you miners out there I ask,  what would be the best miner that will make the biggest bang for the smallest buck Id say for right now.   Anything under $150

I have a 4 port 2.0 Belkin powered hub (of course will need another one) Was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on a miner that will give me a big bang for a small buck.
I've been doing weekly research and so far come across weird prices for weird speeds and figured  asking the experienced miners which will be the better miners.

Again anything under $150 CAD im willing to go for.      Please list your suggestions that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Thanks

Give Respect , Get Respect
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:14:37 PM

Hey so iv gotten back into Bitcoin mining after a few years(started cpu mining) and now I've bought an Antminer U2 to get started and try it out it runs on cgminer at a stable and cool 1.9avg GH/s.   I'm loving it so far.   I've been high into buying contract.    Now im looking into buying more miners of my own for personal use.

And for all you miners out there I ask,  what would be the best miner that will make the biggest bang for the smallest buck Id say for right now.   Anything under $110

I have a 4 port 2.0 Belkin powered hub (of course will need another one) Was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on a miner that will give me a big bang for a small buck.
I've been doing weekly research and so far come across weird prices for weird speeds and figured  asking the experienced miners which will be the better miners.

Again anything under $110 CAD im willing to go for.      Please list your suggustions that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Thanks

What is "profitable" and will give you a "big bang" depends on your electricity price. So, what's your electricity price?
cris12821 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:17:12 PM

It's about 15scent per kilowat an hour.   Cheap but good.    
My U2 runs at 2 W.   Barely makes a dent in the electricity.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 07:26:44 PM

I hate to be the guy that rains on your parade...

1) There is no such thing as big bang for small buck
2) $0.15 per kWh is not cheap electricity

There is no hardware in your price range that has a hope of making you a positive ROI.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
byt411

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:32:37 PM

There is no hardware in your price range that has a hope of making you a positive ROI.

Please, use terms properly. ROI = Return on investment. Of course you will get a return, even if it's very little.
You are talking about breaking even, which means profiting the amount the device cost.

And yes, he is correct, there is nothing for you to break even at all. You are earning 0.00004007BTC per day at current difficulty, which is around $0.01. You'll never earn back what you paid for the U2.
cris12821 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:50:19 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 08:05:36 PM by cris12821

I've earned  back what ive paid already.  From owning a cloud miner untill the end of the miners life.

And no that makes complete sense,  these days it doesnt seem to easy to make back your money.

If its not worth it to say buy a few more miners to get atleast 20GHs (maybe even 200)  

Would Script mining be more profitable to spend money on?

Either way, I'm still completly open to suggestions.    You MUST spend money in order to make money.  Even it that means going broke,   sometimes spending all your money is the best way to triple your profit.  

Espeically with how BTC are dropping and rising.    .05 bitcoins in a year could be worth $600 CAD.  So yea i may loose all my money,  but if it Produce enough speed and save ALL my bitcoins to peak of Bitcoins,  I will have then made my money back when Bitcoin price rockets again.

MY point is,   SPEND money to make money.  

I also understand alot of this, Electricity has alot to do with this,  these days i feel like its not even worth it to mine with power.  

Thanks your for the assitance.

but in the end,  its ALWAYS WORTH IT, if the price of 1 BTC rockets again, than it will totally be worth it.

I've seen on ebay.  10gh/s  with hub for $42.00
and some how an Antminer s3 (voucher thing ) for like $85.00 but sounds like its the device.

PS.    Would it be more profitable to stick with buying Contract??? or your own personal miner???

byt411

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:54:45 PM

I've earned  back what ive paid already.  From owning a cloud miner untill the end of the miners life.

I doubt it. How much did you pay for your U2, and how much have you earned with it?

If its not worth it to say buy a few more miners to get atleast 20GHs (maybe even 200) 

No, 200GH/s isn't even much today. Buying more of the same unprofitable device will just result in larger losses.

Would Script mining be more profitable to spend money on?

No.

Either way, I'm still completly open to suggestions.    You MUST spend money in order to make money.  Even it that means going broke,   sometimes spending all your money is the best way to triple your profit.

That's so simple, right? Go to a gambling site like PrimeDice and gamble. Simple enough.

but in the end,  its ALWAYS WORTH IT, if the price of 1 BTC rockets again, than it will totally be worth it.

And if it plummets into oblivion?

I've seen on ebay.  10gh/s  with hub for $42.00
and some how an Antminer s3 (voucher thing ) for like $85.00 but sounds like its the device.

10gh/s for $42.00? You're insane, please do more research before blabbing crap.
A voucher for an S3 is a discount voucher. Again, you're nuts if you want to buy a discount for $85.

PS.    Would it be more profitable to stick with buying Contract??? or your own personal miner???

No, mining contracts are never profitable. Please use logic.
Depends on your electricity price, again.

I really suggest you do more research before you talk about something you don't understand and ignore others. You're just humiliating yourself. Btw, if you actually did research, you would know that ebay is the worst place to buy mining equipment.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:40:11 PM

Please, use terms properly. ROI = Return on investment. Of course you will get a return, even if it's very little.
You are talking about breaking even, which means profiting the amount the device cost.

And yes, he is correct, there is nothing for you to break even at all. You are earning 0.00004007BTC per day at current difficulty, which is around $0.01. You'll never earn back what you paid for the U2.

Johnnybravo did use the term "ROI" properly. He phrased it as "positive ROI" which means profit. It's kind of silly to correct people when they are already correct.
byt411

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:03:09 PM

Johnnybravo did use the term "ROI" properly. He phrased it as "positive ROI" which means profit. It's kind of silly to correct people when they are already correct.

No, he's not correct. ROI is always possible, since you gain, for example, you get a ROI of 1% per day, thus the figure is positive. You can't get a ROI of -1% per day, unless you are doing it on purpose.
xstr8guy

Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:58:44 AM

No, he's not correct. ROI is always possible, since you gain, for example, you get a ROI of 1% per day, thus the figure is positive. You can't get a ROI of -1% per day, unless you are doing it on purpose.

You have a very bizarre definition of Positive ROI and it is not correct.

From investopedia...

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/returnoninvestment.asp

In the above formula "gains from investment", refers to the proceeds obtained from selling the investment of interest. Return on investment is a very popular metric because of its versatility and simplicity. That is, if an investment does not have a positive ROI, or if there are other opportunities with a higher ROI, then the investment should be not be undertaken.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:33:20 AM

He is using the conventionally accepted definition of ROI that almost everybody else on the forums is using.  If you want to be that one different guy then so be it.  ROI is break even.  Negative is any shortfall of that figure, positive is anything more.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 01:02:28 PM

Sorry dude, no big bang for $150.

With $150, you can buy close to 0.3 BTC, which is more than you'd ever mine back no matter what equipment you buy.

Easy decision.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
thew3apon

Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:24:24 PM

Just buy bitcoin with the $150, you will get more then ASIC would get in a lifetime.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: