Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:42:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Community effort to get Monero airtime on Lets talk Bitcoin.  (Read 2992 times)
Jungian (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:09:28 PM

Community effort to get XMR on Lets talk Bitcoin

What?

Lets talk bitcoin (http://letstalkbitcoin.com/) is the biggest cryptocurrency podcast out there, and you can get airtime there in the sponsor segment.
This is an attempt to organize a community fund to get us there and share Monero with anyone interrested in this technology.

How?

Great question! LTB has their community currency. LTBCoin (http://ltbcoin.com/) is a token that is used within the LTB-ecosystem.
You receive it for listening to their show, posting in forums or in other ways contribute to the site. The easiest way to get them is to listen to the show. Every show has a magic word that you enter and for that you receive a certain amount of coin if you are a member och have a registered LTBCoin address.

That coin can be used for, among other things, bid for airtime on the show as a sponsor. This is what they offer:

The slots fill scheduled breaks in the episode. Adam will do his own research on your business/project and will spend approximately 45 seconds talking about what you do. Adam reserves the right to veto any winning bids if he feels that doing a live read for your project would not be mutually beneficial. No scripts will be accepted. If you want him to focus on a particular area of your project, mention it with your bid.

My suggestion is that everyone interested in this, and who listens to the podcast, pool together their tokens and have a trusted member of the community do the bidding.
I think the best idea is to have one of the XMR-devs on board, and we let that person bid in the auction at his own discretion. Any left over coins could be sold and used by the devs to further the XMR cause.

I'd love some feedback on this!

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:16:36 PM

Thanks for the initiative! I would really love to hear about XMR on the show (I think I started to listen to it when it was #5 or so...). However I wonder if a payed slot (kind of advertisment in the end) is really the way to go...
For me XMR deserves more than a mention, but a thorough discussion. I keep thinking Andreas Antonopoulos not talking about Monero is simply because he didn't research about it yet, for instance Smiley

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:17:41 PM

lets do it.
Jungian (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:19:04 PM

Thanks for the initiative! I would really love to hear about XMR on the show (I think I started to listen to it when it was #5 or so...). However I wonder if a payed slot (kind of advertisment in the end) is really the way to go...
For me XMR deserves more than a mention, but a thorough discussion. I keep thinking Andreas Antonopoulos not talking about Monero is simply because he didn't research about it yet, for instance Smiley

It is in Adams own words and not scripted. He will do his own research and comment accordingly.

Still, it is payed like you said.

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:20:53 PM

I think that this is a good idea, but that XMR would be better served by doing a full interview with a key dev or community member. Monero is worth more than just a <1 minute mention by Adam. It's exactly the kind of thing that Stephanie and/or Andreas would be happy to talk about but it needs a subject matter expert to be the other part of the interview.

Adam's pretty accessible - who's willing to step up and be on an interview about an anonymous crypto? Smiley

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:31:42 PM

I keep thinking Andreas Antonopoulos not talking about Monero is simply because he didn't research about it yet, for instance Smiley

Or perhaps he is not done buying.. Cheesy

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:32:04 PM

Your comments about XMR being deserving of greater than 45 seconds of paid dialogue make sense to me,
but if the 45 seconds is just the first of many mentions, it would work as a great stepping-stone.
Melbustus
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:38:57 PM

The topic deserves its own show/discussion. Andreas already went on a tirade (in that recent LTB episode with Jeffery Tucker) about how bitcoin is a very benign cryptocurrency, from a regulatory perspective, compared to what else is out there. He was making the point that if regulation, such as the BitLicense, gets enacted, it's just going to push demand for the new crop of native-privacy-focused coins, which will be even more trouble from a regulator's perspective.

They can delve into the landscape of privacy coins more fully, and it should be clear at this point that Monero leads the pack. Further, an interesting topic of discussion would probably be what that all means for bitcoin. For example, one can make the case that a certain level of adoption of privacy-coins is inevitable, and that regulators will see that and start to crack down on them, choosing to effectively *promote* bitcoin instead. Lawsky was already at least thinking briefly down those lines during the DFS hearings earlier this year when he commented something to the effect of: "...maybe we should require all virtual currencies to have a transparent ledger.".

I think the above could be a pretty interesting discussion.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:01:04 PM

The topic deserves its own show/discussion. Andreas already went on a tirade (in that recent LTB episode with Jeffery Tucker) about how bitcoin is a very benign cryptocurrency, from a regulatory perspective, compared to what else is out there. He was making the point that if regulation, such as the BitLicense, gets enacted, it's just going to push demand for the new crop of native-privacy-focused coins, which will be even more trouble from a regulator's perspective.

They can delve into the landscape of privacy coins more fully, and it should be clear at this point that Monero leads the pack. Further, an interesting topic of discussion would probably be what that all means for bitcoin. For example, one can make the case that a certain level of adoption of privacy-coins is inevitable, and that regulators will see that and start to crack down on them, choosing to effectively *promote* bitcoin instead. Lawsky was already at least thinking briefly down those lines during the DFS hearings earlier this year when he commented something to the effect of: "...maybe we should require all virtual currencies to have a transparent ledger.".

Regulating BTC does not mean regulating all altcoins, though.

So the secret ones don't gain an advantage when or if BTC becomes regulated.

Plus, the amount of noise made by Monero people is not an indication that they know how to keep quiet about their secret activities of buying XMR to be used to .. erm ...

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Jungian (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:06:37 PM

So the secret ones don't gain an advantage when or if BTC becomes regulated.

Plus, the amount of noise made by Monero people is not an indication that they know how to keep quiet about their secret activities of buying XMR to be used to .. erm ...

There are already so many threads to discuss XMR. Please stay on topic.

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:27:19 PM

I think that this is a good idea, but that XMR would be better served by doing a full interview with a key dev or community member. Monero is worth more than just a <1 minute mention by Adam. It's exactly the kind of thing that Stephanie and/or Andreas would be happy to talk about but it needs a subject matter expert to be the other part of the interview.

Adam's pretty accessible - who's willing to step up and be on an interview about an anonymous crypto? Smiley
+1 maybe fluffypony is up for it

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:59:19 PM

One of the devs or rpietila should do the interview if it is a possibility. An actual interview and discussion on the podcast makes more sense.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Jungian (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:03:05 PM

One of the devs or rpietila should do the interview if it is a possibility. An actual interview and discussion on the podcast makes more sense.

Yes it does, and anyone would want to hear that. But are the mutually exclusive?

Melbustus
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:21:06 PM

Since you apparently didn't read the BitLicense draft language, here's section 200.2(m) for your review:

Virtual Currency means any type of digital unit that is used as a medium of exchange or a form of
digitally stored value or that is incorporated into payment system technology. Virtual Currency shall be broadly
construed to include digital units of exchange that (i) have a centralized repository or administrator; (ii) are
decentralized and have no centralized repository or administrator; or (iii) may be created or obtained by
computing or manufacturing effort. Virtual Currency shall not be construed to include digital units that are used
solely within online gaming platforms with no market or application outside of those gaming platforms, nor
shall Virtual Currency be construed to include digital units that are used exclusively as part of a customer
affinity or rewards program, and can be applied solely as payment for purchases with the issuer and/or other
designated merchants, but cannot be converted into, or redeemed for, Fiat Currency;"

http://www.dfs.ny.gov/about/press2014/pr1407171-vc.pdf

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Still wild and free

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:39:52 PM

Yes it does, and anyone would want to hear that. But are the mutually exclusive?

It's not strictly mutually exclusive, but getting the former (payed interview) wouldn't help to get a good later (deep discussion). People knowing it would be payed mention, would put it in same category as shitcoins that are seeking any possible hype so hard.

Given the technological breakthrough we're talking about here, they should find out sooner or later anyway...
Trying to get the word out to Adam, Stephanie or Andreas (who in particular seems to be in a good mood to appreciate privacy aspects lately) is definitely an awesome idea!

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:45:20 PM

Yes, ths would be interesting.
Contact Adam right away!

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:23:44 AM

I have some LTBcoin I'm willing to donate, but indeed, I would rather like an interview with one of the devs in stead of a 45sec advertisement
canth
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:26:26 PM

Contact Adam right away!

Adam's on a rare vacation at the moment, but I imagine that once he gets back we could get in the queue for next week or the following without much trouble. I'm sure there are plenty of other people that are friendly with Adam, but if not I'll be happy to bring it up with him.

Jungian (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:42:08 PM

Contact Adam right away!

Adam's on a rare vacation at the moment, but I imagine that once he gets back we could get in the queue for next week or the following without much trouble. I'm sure there are plenty of other people that are friendly with Adam, but if not I'll be happy to bring it up with him.

That sounds like a great idea!

Maybe we can use this as a plan B instead.

canth
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:29:03 AM

Contact Adam right away!

That sounds like a great idea!

Maybe we can use this as a plan B instead.

Do we have a volunteer from the core team that would want to be on LTB? I feel that the key talking points will be tech related. For example explaining ring signatures in simple terms will be important as will comparing Monero against BTC, DRK, Zerocash/Zerocoin, ANC, BBr, etc, etc. I'd say that only someone with a strong tech background would be up to the task.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: