Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:10:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Coin's NEWS, DISCUSSION, AND ADVICE  (Read 2914 times)
Dr. Coin (OP)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:12:30 AM

Hi!
Dr. Coin here. I am an active trader and crypto enthusiast who enjoys discussing, learning, and informing others in the crypto world.
Feel free to use this topic to express your opinions, thoughts, or questions here.

So, anyone have their eyes on new coins out, or questions about any currents ones?

I currently have my sights on AERO, VRC, GB, and URO. I am also a fan of LXC, but it is certainly a more risky investment. Thoughts on these?

If anyone wants to keep up with news: https://twitter.com/DrCoinMD

Happy trading! Smiley

~~~~~~~  DR. COIN  ~~~~~~~
Dr. Coin (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:13:51 AM

Agreed, definitely keep an eye on ROOT, meaning watch it more than buy. Some people have mentioned it is scammy, but I have not seen this.

Also, someone private messaged me asking about Captcoin, and I felt this coin is good to bring up. My opinion was this:
Captcoin is new and has a good community. Some of the hype I have seen on twitter seem to be a bit sketchy, but this is typical in the crypto-world as you know. That being said, after looking at the chart on Bittrex the coin is consistent, but on a slight down trend. I recommend not panic selling at this moment, hold for a couple of days and observe what happens. Coins with a consistent chart like this one typically tend to "pop" one way or another. Due to news or pumps honestly.

As for LXC, great pick, especially two weeks ago. Now, beware of dumpers, do not hold too long and enjoy some profits while you can get it. Smiley

Can you explain to me more why you like ROOT?

Dr. Coin

Depredation

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:21:50 AM

How do you feel about Burst? The first hdd mining coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0 
I really like the idea and have mined 61000 BURST myself so far.

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
santamarko

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:29:55 AM

Thanks for this thread, i support AEROCoin with you dr.coin, i hope we go to moon!
Dr. Coin (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:41:15 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 02:03:02 AM by Dr. Coin

How do you feel about Burst? The first hdd mining coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0  
I really like the idea and have mined 61000 BURST myself so far.

Hey, I honestly have not done much research regarding Burst. So if others have more input on this coin, feel free to add. Strictly from a value/trading perspective it seems pretty solid actually. 2.1million coins is a small amount making early mining that much more competitive and valuable. So, once more news and eyes get to it, I can definitely see it going up in value. They have a lot of views on bitcointalk in a small amount of time too. Once it gets on Bittrex or Cryptsy it might more attention. Currently only on C-CEX. Good luck with it, you seem to have a head start!

Dr. Coin (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:49:28 AM

Thanks for this thread, i support AEROCoin with you dr.coin, i hope we go to moon!

And yes, AERO has profited me already Wink

Dr. Coin (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:58:59 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 03:26:19 PM by Dr. Coin

LXC has been great and there is definitely much more room for upside potential. The first coin with a mobile PoS wallet is something the team should be proud of.

There has been accusations of Root being a scam from a few folks including earlz (Bittrex's right hand man) - he questioned the instamine at the beginning which was around 475 blocks worth around 40k ROOT. bitsta confirmed with the community that the instamine was in fact miners who got in early, and that is understandable. BitKey is really the highlight of RootCoin and bitsta has promised a beta launch sometime this month. It will be interesting to see how the technology compares with other established anonymous/privacy coins, either way, it brings something new to the table for crypto-currencies.

I don't follow Twitter much but will have a look into CaptCoin.

This is true about LXC, I recommend it as a buy despite it being high already. The mobile PoS wallet is definitely an accomplishment.

Yes, CaptCoin is still somewhat questionable for me. I personally will buy some, but I am still hesitant to recommend it.

As for ROOT, I have heard those scam stories as previously stated. It's reassuring to know that the mining was due to outside miners. Despite scams, I have accepted them as part of the game for now and I read them well, so you can still profit. hehe

Also, twitter is full of hype, at the same time, I find really instant news from a bunch of sources as opposed to some other websites/bitcointalk.

Dr. Coin

bit tired

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:35:02 AM

Great selection there, Dr. Coin. Grin

+1 LXC

Watching:

MultiWalletCoin (MWC) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=752808.0 (NanoWallet & Full Encrypted Communications via Tor, In-Wallet Trading, New Wallet)

RootCoin (ROOT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=714793.0 (BitKey, RootEX, BurnPool)

How does MultiWalletCoin In-Wallet Trading work? Can you trade MultiWalletCoins against bitcoins?
Dr. Coin (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:06:41 AM

LXC has been great and there is definitely much more room for upside potential. The first coin with a mobile PoS wallet is something the team should be proud of.

There has been accusations of Root being a scam from a few folks including earlz (Bittrex's right hand man) - he questioned the instamine at the beginning which was around 475 blocks worth around 40k ROOT. bitsta confirmed with the community that the instamine was in fact miners who got in early, and that is understandable. BitKey is really the highlight of RootCoin and bitsta has promised a beta launch sometime this month. It will be interesting to see how the technology compares with other established anonymous/privacy coins, either way, it brings something new to the table for crypto-currencies.

I don't follow Twitter much but will have a look into CaptCoin.

This is true about LXC, I recommend it as a buy despite it being high already. The mobile PoS wallet is definitely an accomplishment.

Yes, CaptCoin is still somewhat questionable for me. I personally will buy some, but I am still hesitant to recommend it.

As for ROOT, I have heard those scam stories as previously states. It's reassuring to know that the mining was due to outside miners. Despite scams, I have accepted them as part of the game for now and I read them well, so you can still profit. hehe

Also, twitter is full of hype, at the same time, I find really instant news from a bunch of sources as opposed to some other websites/bitcointalk.

Dr. Coin

There will always be scams in unregulated markets, always. The most important thing to do is take some time to research before taking a position in any crypto-currency. There is always money to be make here, but if you don't take that important step of researching, you will get burned and lose more than you intended to gain. The best advice is your own advice. #Trust No One, especially those Twitter heads and troll lurkers.

Forums, Coins Source and IRC are great for the latest news which can help you in your research for sure.

Fully agreed. Twitter does have some legitimate news come out which surprisingly helps me a lot in my investments. Through gathering all this information is how I formulate some news and give advice. All in all, there is always money to be made, potentially more than stocks in some aspects, specifically when investing with lower amounts of money. Also, I plan on speaking with developers and posting about POD in the future. Wink

On another note, what are all of your opinions on RAW? 

dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:52:22 AM

lol, that remind me of hazard's service.
Dr. Coin (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:31:01 PM

lol, that remind me of hazard's service.

Which, RAW?

Dr. Coin (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:55:15 AM

I suggest getting in on URO sooner than later

Dr. Coin (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:04:27 PM

Cann coin still isn't too late to get in! They lowered their maximum coin supply as well.

tedbundy

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:10:13 AM

Also, someone private messaged me asking about Captcoin, and I felt this coin is good to bring up. My opinion was this:
Captcoin is new and has a good community. Some of the hype I have seen on twitter seem to be a bit sketchy, but this is typical in the crypto-world as you know. That being said, after looking at the chart on Bittrex the coin is consistent, but on a slight down trend. I recommend not panic selling at this moment, hold for a couple of days and observe what happens. Coins with a consistent chart like this one typically tend to "pop" one way or another. Due to news or pumps honestly.

Problem with CAPcoin is yes people are interested now due to getting free CAPcoins from doing captchas, staking ect, but as far as I know there is a time frame where this stops and all coins not given away destroyed. In affect, what is the use of CAPcoin after it is not givin out for solving captchas? I could be wrong on details I havent researched in depth much although like you, many of my own forum members are discussing it.

My personal belief after summing up this whole cryto and altcoin market for past month and reading thousands of threads. The ALT coins who will prevail and profit in the longterm will be those who are utilized by the blackmarket (current and future) which will be a stepping stone to a more general audience adopting it. Seems to go hand in hand with the "who wins the 2.0 tech race" as those extra options within coin tech could be useful.

Anyways thanks for thread, we need more OP's like you who sum things up! Too many topics in this forum half the time I miss important coins.
tedbundy

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:28:55 AM

Dr. Coin, have you checked out duckNote? apparently some interest from Asian investors... here's the comment from the dev: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632595.msg8600260#msg8600260

Ya I have had this one in my sights for a month and wanting to pull the trigger and right price, just never got enough nerve.....now loook lol ugh you never know in this industry...
Although some stuff is easy buy, like when BTX was down to 4900 yesterday, easy to know its good buy. Same goes for greenbacks and and Librexcoin these are no brainer buys, throw a few bucks at them while they are floundering in the pool. The trade volume is enough that you have a pretty good chance to ride an upward trend coming up  Wink
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:40:13 AM

Every single post except for one is from a Newbie account. I think the OP has multiple personality disorder.  Shocked
tedbundy

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:10:46 AM

Every single post except for one is from a Newbie account. I think the OP has multiple personality disorder.  Shocked

I am a newbie yes to some extent, 1 month research altcoins. I am not the OP though. Did you even read the thread? I like threads like this where info in one place and not pages and pages of fighting.
I only have one account on this forum, if you still think im the OP then read my post history make a real educated judgement. Other than that meh im not gonna waste my time.
Matteo86x

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:35:45 AM

I suggest getting in on URO sooner than later

Hi

Can I ask you why? What's your analysis about URO ?

Thanks
Depredation

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:54:47 AM

How do I know you aren't OP  Shocked

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
tedbundy

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:47:33 AM

How do I know you aren't OP  Shocked

+1 brother.
I seen enough FUD around here we dont need people start accusing random members of shit lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: