Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:14:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cunicula is trying to debase the very core values of Bitcoin  (Read 1058 times)
rjk (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 02:35:47 AM

Cunicula seems to have utter disregard for the purpose, intent, and value of this project, and is intent on running it into the ground. The discussion and content offered by this individual is widely regarded by most users as being worthess spam, worthy of only the ignore list. It is obviously the intent of this user to convince new people that Bitcoin is in some way significantly flawed in its existing form and lead them to believe that it has some manner of show stopping deficiencies.

When presented with sound logical arguments, Cunicula responds with half-formed spam, peppered with insults, showing a notable lack of intelligence and vocabulary. Arguments of others are dismissed as worthless, ignored, and countered with unrelated logical fallacies. Anyone not forming an orderly line to kiss this user's ass is promptly labelled as an "asshat" and "full of shit".

Discuss.

P.S. I will not be responding to any posts by this user, as she has rightly earned the one and only place on my permanent ignore list.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 02:41:39 AM

Well going through 3 pages of his posts...

I would certainly agree, he has a serious chip on his shoulder.

Asshat of the year award winner ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 02:58:06 AM

Even though I mostly ignore him, he does make interesting "Devil's Advocate" arguments. His scientism gets in the way of getting passed his mistakes. Hopefully his passion for the technology will overcome his tunnel vision. His juvenile attitude is another story. I presume it is because he is probably quite young.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 03:12:56 AM

Cunicula seems to have utter disregard for the purpose, intent, and value of this project, and is intent on running it into the ground. The discussion and content offered by this individual is widely regarded by most users as being worthess spam, worthy of only the ignore list. It is obviously the intent of this user to convince new people that Bitcoin is in some way significantly flawed in its existing form and lead them to believe that it has some manner of show stopping deficiencies.

When presented with sound logical arguments, Cunicula responds with half-formed spam, peppered with insults, showing a notable lack of intelligence and vocabulary. Arguments of others are dismissed as worthless, ignored, and countered with unrelated logical fallacies. Anyone not forming an orderly line to kiss this user's ass is promptly labelled as an "asshat" and "full of shit".

Discuss.

P.S. I will not be responding to any posts by this user, as she has rightly earned the one and only place on my permanent ignore list.
I disagree.

I have seen  more than a few True Believers go down with the ship when they could have just stepped out of the bathtub. Good luck with all that.

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
rjk (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 03:21:30 AM

I disagree.

I have seen  more than a few True Believers go down with the ship when they could have just stepped out of the bathtub. Good luck with all that.
Surely, and I will say that I am far from being such a True Believer, but the combination of

• Evading answering of reasoned arguments
  • Trollish sounding postings repeated with little to no variation
  • Juvenile attitude

Are just a few of the things that goaded me into posting this. I wish to provide a thread to discuss this so that other threads don't have to suffer from the back-and-forth hate that inevitably ensues when this user jumps in. As an aside, the title was going to be "Cunicula is a whining bitch", but that would have done nothing to further the discussion legitimately. I wish to present a way of arguing that may very well be new to this user, namely that it is possible to have a reasoned discussion without the childish attacks and derailing.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: