Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:09:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN ATM MACHINES  (Read 7996 times)
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:26:39 PM

i think it is a very good concept and it attract a lot of customers. from this the concept of transaction became easy. i think atn machine would be smart enough that it can exchange bitcoin into the favourable currency of which user it. and i thin it is very much useful to the customer. He just attach a usb or atm card and just get his amount to the suitable currency......
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AUDREY23

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:28:00 PM

ATM would be cool, horrible implementation. Too easy for the ATM to record all wallet.dat files, then take people's bitcoins long after they've forgotten about the atm...

wow impressive unfortunately, I was far from their bitcoin atm at another island with me, want to try let no experience but very far away so I had to think twice
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 04:20:47 PM

a bitcoin atm machine would be cool.   plug in your USB stick that contains your wallet.dat, and withdrawal the amount of Cash you need.   
Yes it is good, unfortunately there are not many bitcoin ATM machine around the world
should there are developer whom be serious building projects of ATM machine,
although it will taking much time because not all of the people who know and use bitcoin
on their life.
I agree so. I am glad that I live in the area which accepts Bitcoin and some people have already developed the Bitcoin ATM in a small pizza restaurant. The machine works fast and absolutely astonishing. However, there is still a problem: I have to wait for about 15' to 20' before I can receive my funds because the ATM need to connect to the blockchain and wait for my Bitcoin to be confirmed
You are lucky man and I have good news if you or other people who want make business on bitcoin ATM please check this link https://news.bitcoin.com/start-bitcoin-atm-business/
actually I am interested with this business although there are not people who use bitcoin,
unfortunately I don't have enough capital for building this business.
I had an bitcoinatm not too far away from me, and it closed...
Unfortunatelly not every country is as far developed in things of bitcoin than Switzerland is.
The ATM in my region was closed because nobody used it. What a shame.
Maybe couples years later many people who use bitcoin ATM because,
 it starts growing up many ATM machine of bitcoin be installer globally
https://cointelegraph.com/news/another-bitcoin-record-over-1000-bitcoin-atms-installed-globally
Look at good news from cointelegraph and I think it is about time until many bitcoin ATM on every countries.
Tuyul Gupies

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 12:51:51 AM

bitcoin atm my country there are only a few, but it is located very far with me, there is a desire for attempting to use direct experience but let no traveling time and cost is not small
canah17

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:36:54 AM

a bitcoin atm machine would be cool.   plug in your USB stick that contains your wallet.dat, and withdrawal the amount of Cash you need.   

I would donate for that to happened here in my country Cry i recently save my bitcoin for computer games because in my country its hard to spend bitcoin in the real world you can't cash it out Cry i really need the bitcoin in the real world so that i can convert it to real cash and spend my money on stuff that i need and want to eat Cheesy atm machine of bitcoin is one great idea to those people like me that cannot exchange bitcoin into real money >.<
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:39:29 AM

ATM would be cool, horrible implementation. Too easy for the ATM to record all wallet.dat files, then take people's bitcoins long after they've forgotten about the atm...

wow impressive unfortunately, I was far from their bitcoin atm at another island with me, want to try let no experience but very far away so I had to think twice
I really hope bitcoin ATM exist in every city in the world. so users can get easy to use bitcoin. and of course this could be a promotional event for bitcoin
because people would ask, what is bitcoin ATM?
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:47:25 AM

It won't be ideal because we can actually withdraw them via normal Atm Machines. How? By converting Bitcoin to Fiat via Bank Deposit. And also I don't think it is feasible because no banks will even attempt to accept Bitcoin and then convert it directly to cash as of now. Right now wallet providers are the ones doing the conversion to your bank.
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:23:11 PM

I really hope bitcoin ATM exist in every city in the world. so users can get easy to use bitcoin. and of course this could be a promotional event for bitcoin
because people would ask, what is bitcoin ATM?
Yes I agree with you with bitcoin ATM machines  will make bitcoin be famous in the world,
bitcoin ATM machines  is one of other way for education of bitcoin.
If there are many bitcoin ATM machines  will many people starts learn about bitcoin
and it will make bitcoin ATM machines  more popular on cities in the countries, there is good news about the bitcoin ATM machine start be used http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/02/21/first-baton-rouge-bitcoin-atm-open-business/
cryptoblazter

Activity: 421
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 12:30:02 AM

Wow! that's really cool, I wish we could have that here in my country. The only thing I know we had it that too but only one and its far in my place its 3 hours travel before I get in there Bitcoin ATM machines,.

blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:51:12 PM

I agreed that if each country will going to have a ATM machine's for bitcoin users it will become more advantage for us to use it. Its very easy and you can also withdraw money according to your country currency.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:17:49 PM

I agreed that if each country will going to have a ATM machine's for bitcoin users it will become more advantage for us to use it. Its very easy and you can also withdraw money according to your country currency.

I personally doubt that it will have a major effect. If you look at what hassle you need to go through in order to actually use such an ATM, people will only use it as last resort option. The level of verification also depends on the country that these ATM's are operating from. Another thing is that the less usage these machines enjoy, the higher the operating fees will be. It's not a charity sponsored thing, which means that cold hard revenue highly matters.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:36:16 PM

If you look at what hassle you need to go through in order to actually use such an ATM
The level of verification also depends on the country that these ATM's are operating from.
In some cases it can be an annoying process to get yourself verified, but depending on the country they are running from, you can verify yourself by just having your ID barcode scanned. It will then directly 'download' your information and save it into their system. It also runs your personal information through a database to see whether or not you have been linked with criminal actions, etc.

people will only use it as last resort option.
Another thing is that the less usage these machines enjoy, the higher the operating fees will be.
I agree that Bit ATM's are just an optional service offered to those willing to use it as an alternative way of obtaining Bitcoin. That is directly the reason people are okay with paying the premium fees that these ATM's charge. It's basically the same with P2P trading. Fees involved are higher than when you buy from an exchange, but here as well, it's some sort of a last resort option. The only question is... Will these ATM's generate enough profits to justify having them working in large quantities - That remains to be seen.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 12:35:44 AM

It won't be ideal because we can actually withdraw them via normal Atm Machines. How? By converting Bitcoin to Fiat via Bank Deposit. And also I don't think it is feasible because no banks will even attempt to accept Bitcoin and then convert it directly to cash as of now. Right now wallet providers are the ones doing the conversion to your bank.

I think it is really great having these ATM machines, it is really a efficient way to buy a bitcoin especially when you need it quickly. Many users are using bitcoin so eventually, banks will try to develop and accept bitcoin, these digital currency because many people are using it. And we can't just always rely on the wallet providers, we can also make these way to get bitcoins.
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406

Wolf

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:28:02 AM

I think it is really great having these ATM machines, it is really a efficient way to buy a bitcoin especially when you need it quickly. Many users are using bitcoin so eventually, banks will try to develop and accept bitcoin, these digital currency because many people are using it. And we can't just always rely on the wallet providers, we can also make these way to get bitcoins.

Banks accepting bitcoin is not a matter of eventually, There are many things about bitcoin that will hinder banks from accepting it like the concept of bitcoin, It contradicts banks . Maybe if 70-80% of the peoples population uses it, They might but it will take a long time .

There are a few numbers of ATM machine in the whole world and unfortunately, due to its high fees its not popular and what OP is talking about plugging your usb is not recommended due to security issues . Bitcoin is not even accepted in most stores especially physical stores so I don't see a reason on why most people need to buy it quickly . They can just use their fiat .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Barmen

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:35:25 AM

Banks accepting bitcoin is not a matter of eventually, There are many things about bitcoin that will hinder banks from accepting it like the concept of bitcoin, It contradicts banks . Maybe if 70-80% of the peoples population uses it, They might but it will take a long time .

There are a few numbers of ATM machine in the whole world and unfortunately, due to its high fees its not popular and what OP is talking about plugging your usb is not recommended due to security issues . Bitcoin is not even accepted in most stores especially physical stores so I don't see a reason on why most people need to buy it quickly . They can just use their fiat .
This spring, Japan promised to make bitcoin legal tender. If that happens it could change the situation with bitcoin around the world. Though of course it is too early to talk about widespread bitcoins.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 10:00:24 AM

BitcoinATM code is now officially an open source effort.

https://github.com/BitcoinATM

See the main post:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77895.msg866162#msg866162

Whop is using this code?

Who are the players in the Bitcoin ATM world today?
The big player are Lamassu, Skyhawks,  Genesis and a few others you will find on this list of the top 6,
https://themerkle.com/top-6-bitcoin-atm-manufacturers/

Robocoin had a big share at one stage but they also had the worst user friendliness, palm prints, ID scans the works to invade your privacy so I am not surprised to not see them on the above list.

yrreg ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:11:59 AM

Indeed, a bitcoin ATM machine is great idea. It would be convenient if bitcoin would have it's own withdrawal machine. Of course, the machine would include the feature of converting bitcoin to different currencies and maybe the card that will be used would contain the bitcoin address. All of this could happen, if bitcoin will be accepted as a currency and if it will be legalized. If bitcoin will be accepted and legalized, the banks will allow the deposit of bitcoin.

TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:31:02 AM

Indeed, a bitcoin ATM machine is great idea. It would be convenient if bitcoin would have it's own withdrawal machine. Of course, the machine would include the feature of converting bitcoin to different currencies and maybe the card that will be used would contain the bitcoin address. All of this could happen, if bitcoin will be accepted as a currency and if it will be legalized. If bitcoin will be accepted and legalized, the banks will allow the deposit of bitcoin.

I just want to try to withdraw just for the experience. Options to choose in what currency you want to exchange your bitcoin is a good concept. It bitcoin is mass adopted, we will see more bitcoin ATM's around the world and if would be very convenient if you travel from one place to another more frequently. Only drawback I can think of is that the fee's are so much high though.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 11:57:22 AM

I think i will be reporting your account to your campaign manager as a signature spammer, user like yourself make this place a total mess these days, a blind man could tell you are only here to claim the sig payment.

All you do it quote the OP and write a few useless lines.
Bitcoin ATM's are already in places all around the world and if you had of taken 5 minutes to even read just a couple of pages of this thread you would know that.

marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:12:55 PM

i think it is a very good concept and it attract a lot of customers. from this the concept of transaction became easy. i think atn machine would be smart enough that it can exchange bitcoin into the favourable currency of which user it. and i thin it is very much useful to the customer. He just attach a usb or atm card and just get his amount to the suitable currency......

I think multiple currencies is not possible may be because when an ATM machine is set up in the local area, they need the only fiat corresponding to their country. So in this way bitcoin is beneficial to all members who are using bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: