Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:31:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I PANICKED  (Read 10825 times)
blatchcorn (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:15:13 PM

Always hodling, no stress, coins at $166? epic buying point  Cool

Keep hodl'ing, bro. The price will go over 1k again, it's not a question of if, but when.

It's actually a giant fucking "IF"

What you smoking?
I think he is right
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:25:39 PM

Does anyone have any money I can borrow?

Not been rekt enough? You panic FOMO on every pump? People confessing lifesavings invested make an emotionally unstable impression. Get rich quick much? Bitcoin has become a pump and dump shitcoin. It's as good as Ricecoin, Spicecoin, Hobocoin or Grumpycoin now.
you cant say that its pump and dump shit coin when famous companies use it
Maybe I will wait for Amazon to accept then I have a chance of breaking even.

Are you still holding all the coins since you started this thread, or did you sell them ?
Holding till now must have hurt.
They are my retirement fund so yes I am hodling.

Great investment decision, dropping all your hard earned future money on one of the most speculative and turbulent mediums out there.

And now you want to borrow more money to go even further into the hole with your shitty investment decisions?  You sound like one of those compulsive gamblers in vegas that's gambled his life away and now owes the Russian mafia 50k.

Go seek a therapist.  I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to save you.   You need these harsh words to wake the hell up.

The decisions you've made and continue to make will force you to jump off a bridge soon.  Get control of yourself and your life again.  Man up!!!
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:35:44 PM

nah he'll end up ok this year at some point.  Cool
flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:45:38 PM

nah he'll end up ok this year at some point.  Cool

And what will you personally do if it doesn't? lol...I'm sure you (like the rest of these shills) will all pull together and help him pay his heat and water bills, right.  As if you guys geniunely care about the welfare of the next man in this 'greater fools' game haha.
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:51:56 PM

Hey I'm not the one that invested more than I can afford to lose. I'm not a shill either. I just genuinely think at some point in the future he could cash out and be ok.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:32:34 AM

I just invested my life savings into Bitcoin

like me, last year.
no problem here.

wait and you see ... in 2016.  Grin
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:41:06 AM

OP and crazy investors, hold! its time to have balls of steel. Think of he gains, its happening, bitcoin is resilent as a terminator and will not go down.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:20:21 AM

And what will you personally do if it doesn't? lol...I'm sure you (like the rest of these shills) will all pull together and help him pay his heat and water bills, right.  As if you guys geniunely care about the welfare of the next man in this 'greater fools' game haha.
Yeah, the person will be fine unless he needs to call in some of those coins to pay for necessities before the price can do its thing. I'd wager many interested young people see there's not much else they can do with their fiat to ever set themselves up for retirement in the future. Unlike the last generation and the one before that, it's tough to be upwardly mobile in this job market and save the kind of money needed to purchase investment properties or have a decent interest rate in a bank account or similar to achieve what prior gens were able to build in terms of a nest egg. So, going all in or mostly all in isn't that ridiculous when these younger folks realize that if this all goes bust they'll still have another 20-30+ years of income generation to overcome this hypothetical loss. Bitcoin has always been resilient and this next year is already off to a nice start. However, if I was reaching retirement and had a few hundred thousand to a half a million in fiat, I'd probably only be willing to put in 10-25% as I'd be confidant that that would be more than enough to suit my purposes. Of course, I'm not so that's entirely and unimaginable situation for me to think hard about.
blatchcorn (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:26:05 PM

Yeah, the person will be fine unless he needs to call in some of those coins to pay for necessities before the price can do its thing. I'd wager many interested young people see there's not much else they can do with their fiat to ever set themselves up for retirement in the future. Unlike the last generation and the one before that, it's tough to be upwardly mobile in this job market and save the kind of money needed to purchase investment properties or have a decent interest rate in a bank account or similar to achieve what prior gens were able to build in terms of a nest egg. So, going all in or mostly all in isn't that ridiculous when these younger folks realize that if this all goes bust they'll still have another 20-30+ years of income generation to overcome this hypothetical loss. Bitcoin has always been resilient and this next year is already off to a nice start. However, if I was reaching retirement and had a few hundred thousand to a half a million in fiat, I'd probably only be willing to put in 10-25% as I'd be confidant that that would be more than enough to suit my purposes. Of course, I'm not so that's entirely and unimaginable situation for me to think hard about.
Well said Chef
Mellnik

Activity: 242

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:36:49 PM

Go seek a therapist.  I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to save you.   You need these harsh words to wake the hell up.

You are such a nice person!  Smiley

Not.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:35:45 PM

As much as he tends to scream at people for messing up their meals, I have to agree with Ramsay. I believe the upward-possibilities for Bitcoin are still immense and it may be the best investment opportunity there is, really!

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:11:43 PM

As seen in the age thread, the demographic for BTC is 20-30 year olds, a lot still living with their parents, so they could put tons of fiat they get through work/whatever and put it in bitcoin, they can take huge risks compared to the average family man with an already stablished business. The young middle class guy got nothing to lose, im one of them and id rather risk it, all indicators say fiat currencies will do nothing but lose purchasing power long term anyway.
interbtc

Activity: 451

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:46:45 PM

Be greedy when others are fearful, and fearful when others are greedy.-Warren Buffett
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 09:46:54 PM

As seen in the age thread, the demographic for BTC is 20-30 year olds, a lot still living with their parents, so they could put tons of fiat they get through work/whatever and put it in bitcoin, they can take huge risks compared to the average family man with an already stablished business. The young middle class guy got nothing to lose, im one of them and id rather risk it, all indicators say fiat currencies will do nothing but lose purchasing power long term anyway.

+1 Cheesy

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:38:04 AM

Something else to think about is even if the floor were to fall out on this (becoming increasingly unlikely from even a few years ago as the peripheral ecosystem dynamics have started to flourish and paying off in terms of laying the foundation for greater adoption), the prospects involved here and the ups and downs have fostered intestinal fortitude in these younger believers and given them/us a discipline factor in using our earnings to think about and focus on building our futures rather than spending most of their/our money on frivolous things like excessive toys (fill in the blank) and living check to check. So, it's a great life lesson and exercise that's taking place also.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: