Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:05:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I PANICKED  (Read 10832 times)
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:09:23 PM

I just invested my life savings into Bitcoin

You should have done it with some leverage.
Go ahead and borrow.....
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:10:26 PM

Whoever is putting his life savings into BTC is a fool.  Doesn't matter what will happen (I still think BTC long term is a very good investment, but regardless).

Never invest what you can't afford to lose.
Eh, my life savings amounts to diddly.  But I'm glad I put that diddly into Bitcoin in 2011... I may retire yet!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 03:11:51 PM

welcome to bitcoin.

I think you're in luck and the bull market has started again.

I hope it works out for you.

try not to panic if market goes for another test of bottom.

focus on learning as much as you can, secure your stacks, and help bitcoin succeed in wtv way you can.

good luck.

realbtcdealers4real

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:19:58 PM

How much are we talkin?
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:38:44 PM

Well done. You sold bed too?

Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:44:00 PM

Whoever is putting his life savings into BTC is a fool.  Doesn't matter what will happen (I still think BTC long term is a very good investment, but regardless).

Eh, my life savings amounts to diddly.  But I'm glad I put that diddly into Bitcoin in 2011... I may retire yet!
It went well, but it could have ended horribly bad.

If you invested something in 2011 you had all the time to accumulate without risking your "life savings".

I stand by what I said. BTC is still in early stages, investing more that you can afford to lose is not a wise choice, that's all I'm saying, regardless of what we can say in retrospect.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 04:48:09 PM

Whoever is putting his life savings into BTC is a fool.  Doesn't matter what will happen (I still think BTC long term is a very good investment, but regardless).

Eh, my life savings amounts to diddly.  But I'm glad I put that diddly into Bitcoin in 2011... I may retire yet!

If you invested something in 2011 you had all the time to accumulate without risking your "life savings".

I stand by what I said. BTC is still in early stages, investing more that you can afford to lose is not a wise choice, that's all I'm saying, regardless of what we can say in retrospect.

i wonder which market out there is "safe" so that i can invest more then i can afford to lose so i can win with no risk.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:48:57 PM

You're going wrong in saying that life savings = more than you could afford to lose.  In my case, life savings = pretty much nil.  I basically borrowed $1,000 to buy mining equipment to get Bitcoins.  But if I had lost it all, I could have still survived.  Likewise, most people can afford to lose their life savings.  It wouldn't be fun, but they could afford it.  That's why it's called savings.

I completely agree with you that no one should invest more than they can afford to lose.  But that's a completely different statement than investing your life savings.
Wandererfromthenorth

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:54:38 PM

You're going wrong in saying that life savings = more than you could afford to lose.  In my case, life savings = pretty much nil.  I basically borrowed $1,000 to buy mining equipment to get Bitcoins.  But if I had lost it all, I could have still survived.  Likewise, most people can afford to lose their life savings.  It wouldn't be fun, but they could afford it.  That's why it's called savings.

I completely agree with you that no one should invest more than they can afford to lose.  But that's a completely different statement than investing your life savings.
Then we agree.   As I said my definition of "life savings" was basically something you could not afford to lose, maybe it's just me.

If you consider "your life savings" something that can vanish overnight and you wouldn't bat an eye, then sure, why not, it's not my definition of "life savings" to be honest, that's what the OP and I were referring to.

If what you meant by "life savings" is something you could actually afford to lose, then we are saying the same thing Smiley
Wandererfromthenorth

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:58:48 PM

i wonder which market out there is "safe" so that i can invest more then i can afford to lose so i can win with no risk.
Who said no risk?

You should never put more than you can afford to lose, regardless of what market we are talking about (no such thing as a "safe" market anyway), let alone the riskier ones.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:40:31 PM

Why are people still talking about "risk"? The tech is solid, adoption is growing at an incredible pace, the economic theory underlying the system is sound. The only real risk is that someone steals your private keys, and with an offline install that risk is pretty much zero. I can't think of a better risk/reward investment. We are literally sitting on the investment opportunity of a lifetime, and at the same time it is among the safest of investments possible. What is wrong with you people?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
madken7777

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:45:15 PM

Why are people still talking about "risk"? The tech is solid, adoption is growing at an incredible pace, the economic theory underlying the system is sound. The only real risk is that someone steals your private keys, and with an offline install that risk is pretty much zero. I can't think of a better risk/reward investment. We are literally sitting on the investment opportunity of a lifetime, and at the same time it is among the safest of investments possible. What is wrong with you people?

All the pro do not automatically translate into price increase.

Price only depends on two factors, supply and demand.

Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:52:08 PM

Idiot.
Sevvero

Merit: 255

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:53:13 PM

you made a good decision in my view, bitcoin is a safe investent, the rising % per year say it
Another idiot.
kireinaha

Merit: 253

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:56:41 PM

Try not to panic sell now if it drops.

when it drops. Investing in bitcoin in 2014 is about one of the worst investment decisions anyone could make. You'd be better off investing your life savings in Solyndra.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:08:08 PM

i still notice much of this kind of sentiment. i think we may see some real despair before this market turns around. the bulls are resilient, holding on tight, and yet, for 8 months we've been unable to cross increasingly lower upside resistances. the price is being held up by a lack of sellers -- but more apparent is the absence of $$ inflows. if this continues (and it looks like it will -- we just took a shot at a reversal on the 1-day chart and it's failing), a lot of people are going to be in a lot of pain in the coming months.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:14:29 PM

i still notice much of this kind of sentiment. i think we may see some real despair before this market turns around. the bulls are resilient, holding on tight, and yet, for 8 months we've been unable to cross increasingly lower upside resistances. the price is being held up by a lack of sellers -- but more apparent is the absence of $$ inflows. if this continues (and it looks like it will -- we just took a shot at a reversal on the 1-day chart and it's failing), a lot of people are going to be in a lot of pain in the coming months.
Not me. The lower it goes the more coins I get for my fiat.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:22:06 PM

that's true. personally i love it. i took my initial investment out very long ago. i just keep half in cold storage and trade the other half. cheap coins, baby. might even be able to catch some more margin call coins.....

but the people in pain, imo, are the weak bubble chasers who bought at 700, 800, 1000.... and either don't have the funds or the follow-through to average down. and frankly, i can understand being very afraid of averaging down in the current market. when has bitcoin ever seen a bear market this long? 2011 chart is brutal in % lost, but the 2014 chart looks like a trip to zero on the back of a snail... Smiley
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 06:25:25 PM

Was sensible to do that 2 years ago (which I did Wink, but now... I would not put that much. Bitcoin bubble may come in few years...

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:27:52 PM

that's true. personally i love it. i took my initial investment out very long ago. i just keep half in cold storage and trade the other half. cheap coins, baby. might even be able to catch some more margin call coins.....

but the people in pain, imo, are the weak bubble chasers who bought at 700, 800, 1000.... and either don't have the funds or the follow-through to average down. and frankly, i can understand being very afraid of averaging down in the current market. when has bitcoin ever seen a bear market this long? 2011 chart is brutal in % lost, but the 2014 chart looks like a trip to zero on the back of a snail... Smiley

You are aware the price hit 3xx several months ago and is significantly higher now? Everyone has had ample opportunity to average down..several times! Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: