Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:56:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Serious Altcoin Discussion/News Thread - No FUD, Shilling or Trolling.  (Read 5045 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 12:08:09 PM

Soon any coin will be anonymous of they want it. It will be a given that a coin is anonymous.

I still see a battle among 'systems' rather than 'coins'. It will all come down to market share once crypto goes mainstream. One person might use to NXT to hold their assets and another might use NEM or Qora. They won't compete because they will ultimately do the same things. But the Black Swan that no one is talking about is if a big name walks into crypto later. It's game over if Apple or Google produce a wallet that can hold digital assets. I believe it's inevitable. Hopefully not though cause they would not let go of centralised access if they can, maybe even convincing people it's not safe if they cant access the blockchain.

That's a risk I used to worry about near the end of last year - but I expected a big fiat bank to dive in. Silly me...

Etherum?

I meant, big banks diving in with explicitly branded cryptos tied to the bank - something like "JPMorganCoin" - and flogged through their official Websites and through all their branches. Say what y'all like about them, but their customer bases are huge. Instant network effect.

yeah, you are about 50 years behind time there champion they are called :

Mastercard, Visa, SWIFT, and Digital Debt Money Bank accounts.

just explain to me where the motive to make a digital currency is for a bank?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 12:33:35 PM

Spoetnik is thread banned from this point on for his ridiculous and annoying trolling.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 02:05:18 PM

1. It worked out well for Linux, it was developed by people giving countless hours to code it and never were paid.

2. I guess we have different opinions on what true worth is.

The future if ripe for a large "third" competitor.

Linux was always "held back" by hardware constraints, a lot of these vectors are about to change.

- The "West" "BRICs" split is already meaning innovation is going into new hardware and software (i.e from China Russia and BRICs you will soon see a native OS) (it will likely be Linux Unix based, probably open source)

- Then this system will start to compete with the "Western" competitors, and the only way to stop it from decimating them in all market areas will be to "sanction" it.

- But the only thing that can be sanctioned is "Hardware" 

Check out these vectors:

- Enter 3D printing and in future 3D printing of electronics. (headline near future)

- it's almost impossible to "Sanction" Mobile hardware.

- Mobile processors will have a revolution of 2 key factors, power (i.e battery) and power (processor power will rise, usage will drop)

Scenario:

In a "West" "BRICs" Split , the BRICs no longer have any incentive or motive to support traditional monopolies, whereas they did before, out of this lack of incentive to support monopoly will come a "third way" which will be an open source OS that integrates across platforms.

the Platforms will be mostly mobile to start as the "West" will try to sanction native hardware , with the excuse of "security" and "spyware" i.e they will use the actual things that most monopolies have been doing for years as an excuse to "block" the "BRICs" hardware.

but it will not work.

= future is open source.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 05:07:22 PM

just explain to me where the motive to make a digital currency is for a bank?

Same as with debit cards; same as with online banking Websites. Customer acquisition and customer retention, plus participation in a new technology to make the bank seem "hip." 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 12:08:49 PM

Let's bring this back up. I'm not going to allow this thread to die and be buried below all the other threads in the Alternate Cryptocurrencies section, sorry trolls Wink

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:53:55 PM

Perhaps there is nothing serious to say about the Altcoin world?

uteroulin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:24:53 AM

While there is at least one altcoin there would always be a theme to talk about.
And the most hot topic is Dogecooin because it's on the move this week as we have seen a huge increase in price just 24 hours (from 27satoshis to 34satoshis)
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:43:24 AM

I have honestly forgot what we were discussing.

What about 2p-pow?
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 12:14:36 PM

I doubt it. It's just that the trolls, shills and FUD'ers knock down all the serious threads to the bottom of Alternate Cryptocurrencies. Anyway, time to bump this thread again. I'll keep it going with another post every once in a while.

uteroulin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:31:33 AM

I doubt it. It's just that the trolls, shills and FUD'ers knock down all the serious threads to the bottom of Alternate Cryptocurrencies. Anyway, time to bump this thread again. I'll keep it going with another post every once in a while.

What make you think so? I doubt that you thread is serious as you think so. I was thinking there going to be people to discuss FUDers and puppy accounts here, and, maybe, scam account  (which would be very useful because there are a lot of scammers here on the forum) !

But I don't see any serious discussion here.
CryptoPiero

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:16:55 AM

Lets make this serious. Talking about new innovations these altcoins have.
rajc

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:50:50 AM

While there is at least one altcoin there would always be a theme to talk about.
And the most hot topic is Dogecooin because it's on the move this week as we have seen a huge increase in price just 24 hours (from 27satoshis to 34satoshis)

does anybody know what is the reason behind DOGE price?
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:09:05 PM

Such a thread was needed. Basically the entire alt coin board has become a fudshilltrollfest that never ends. No actual information whatsoever.

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 04:17:14 PM

DOGE!!! TO THE MOOOOOON!

No. You're not wanted here. @uteroulin there has been plenty of serious discussion on this thread so far - read some of the replies!

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:30:18 PM

Maybe we can talk a little bit about supernet and maybe some involved coins in the furture.

So I go ahead.

We already know that BTCD and NXT will be in the core.

BTCD offers the teleport feature
NXT offers a lot of features
BBR offers anonymous transactions.

So what are coins with unique features?

Maybe NODE. Cause they will have instant transactions and an integrated gateway to a couple of exchanges in almost realtime.

What about starage coins? I think one will have a chance. There is only storj at the moment. But maidsafe and Sia are coming soon.

Which coin will have the best mobile app? Maybe this coin will take part. NEM plans to build something, but I don´t know which coin is here ahead.

What about Ethereum? Personally I don´t thin they will take part, cause they want to go their own way, and the launch is maybe next year.

Lets discuss.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:33:59 PM

Maybe we can talk a little bit about supernet and maybe some involved coins in the furture.

So I go ahead.

We already know that BTCD and NXT will be in the core.

BTCD offers the teleport feature
NXT offers a lot of features
BBR offers anonymous transactions.

So what are coins with unique features?

Maybe NODE. Cause they will have instant transactions and an integrated gateway to a couple of exchanges in almost realtime.

What about starage coins? I think one will have a chance. There is only storj at the moment. But maidsafe and Sia are coming soon.

Which coin will have the best mobile app? Maybe this coin will take part. NEM plans to build something, but I don´t know which coin is here ahead.

What about Ethereum? Personally I don´t thin they will take part, cause they want to go their own way, and the launch is maybe next year.

Lets discuss.

I asked this in the (one of) SuperNET thread.  

Can you explain how I can send any coin in the SuperNet using BBR's ring signature technology?  The only thing I can really imagine is it sending my say - NXT - to an exchange.  Sell it for BBR - send it to another BBR address - sell it back to NXT - forward it to the person I'm sending it to.

I'm having a difficult time grasping why/what this SuperNET idea really does except a fuzzy notion of combining all strengths & economic factors of the "good coins" by chaining together their features and linking them economically in a mutual fund type offering.

It's really difficult for me to grasp how this is going to work ...

On Ethereum I've been watching the Reddit.  The general consensus in this cesspool of scammy trolling shilling retardedness is that Ethereum is a scam.  I have no idea if what they are doing will work or not.  But it's big.  They did not run off with the bitcoin nor does it appear they had/have any intention of doing so.  The excitement and participation around the project is growing after the funding - not shrinking.

I also view their launch - while it started as a pre-sale.  As being probably the fairest launch in crypto that I've seen to date.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 04:56:03 PM

Let's bring this back up. I'm not going to allow this thread to die and be buried below all the other threads in the Alternate Cryptocurrencies section, sorry trolls Wink

i just linked to a pretty interesting piece here :

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkOmega/comments/2ggtwc/mark_t_williams_uses_my_basic_analysis_of_crypto/

Apparently Professor Mark T Williams, has taken on a "crypto monopoly" analysis of Bitcoin, hey, who knows how he was inspired?

of course I'm just happy that education is proliferating

* sorry for the double link i linked to it from another to see if tots-meta-bot was still switched off ha ha.

--------------------------------------------------------------

also if you would like some more amusement the Bank of England actually "Trolled" Bitcoin in two ways:

1. first by including an address to FBI seized Bitocin in its recent tech Annex.
http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkOmega/comments/2g7kas/you_heard_it_here_first_bank_of_england_refers_to/

2. This Tweet. https://twitter.com/bankofengland/status/511183700911202304

which is hilarious when you think about it .

---------------------------------------------------------------

also if you haven't already seen it :

http://www.coindesk.com/stellar-ripple-hyperledger-rivals-bitcoin-proof-work/

proponents talk down the key aspect of crypto currency economics for a "consensus ledger" ha ha.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 05:01:27 PM

My personal frustration that has seriously made me wonder if ai want to be involved in alt coins anymore is the case of Qora. A complete new code that has shown itself to be superior to NXT technically on many levels is completely overlooked because it's marketing is completely lacking.

Although the OP asked for discussion of technical innovations, as a coin dev myself, I believe as far as mainstream adoption is concerned the technical innovations are not the issue (as alluded to in the above quote), as I posted in the thread How we crypto geeks get it wrong & the reality of alt coin success.

In that thread, I we discussed what it is like in the real world, building an altcoin user community. Just to quote a taste:

---snip---
The other day on the Poloniex Troll Box, I saw a brilliant comment that summed it all up, "What difference does a new algo make for XXX (insert name here) coin, when next week there will be a newer one?"

Every other comment on the Troll box & these forums runs along the lines of, "XXX coin is no clone, the Dev created 7 new algos, the coin will soar - to da moon!" Of course that is rebutted in days with, "Yeah but XXX2 coin flips those algos sideways & upside down - to da moon!"

Ah, we geeks just don't get it!

The user community for a coin only cares technically about two things:
     - Is it easy to use
     - is it secure
---snip---

But it is not just marketing, although Doge has certainly shown the power of that. Any altcoin that succeeds longterm, only needs enough technology to be easy to use & secure. Beyond that only we crypto geeks on forums like this care about which algo a coin has. And believe me, we on this forum are a very, very small percentage of the worldwide user community.

As I detailed in the thread, 80% of the people we talk to on the street say they have not even heard of bitcoin, and the vast majority of the ones that have think BTC is a scam.

So it is the right combination of technology & user community that is the real innovation of any coin that lasts longterm.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
havanabob

Activity: 88

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:48:23 PM

I am interesting to know your opinion about next coins:
1) Zerocash and Anoncoin
2) BTS-X
3) NXT
4) Dark

What dou you think is the pros and cons and what coins you are potentially interested to invest in, and why?
standalone13

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:16:24 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 11:30:39 PM by standalone13

Many peoples didn't even know about cryptos. Many others didn't even know bitcoin.
I think most of the altcoins aren't made to be coins like btc. There are only tales in the descriptions and in op when they are starting a new alt. You can read stuff like "this will be the new money of the century" and " the whole new coin of the world wich will change the worlds payment methods" and shit like that .
But this is not a problem i think. These altcoins are made to be short-term money factories. And there is 3 main users who use (and make money with) these new alt coins (with really good opportunities) - 1, Founder and Dev (due to premine,instamine etc.)  2, Miners ( who make huge amount of coins) 3, Speculants (who are trading with these coins) . knowing these the whole altcoin ( including Doge, ltc, even other shitcoins) "business" is a huge well and self formed system where these 3 types of users can make huge moneys by making this whole system complete and this is why is good for all 3 of them.

edit: It seems to me that this thread is going to be a promo thread lol
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: