Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:06:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why we love the rich and hate the poor  (Read 7075 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:44:26 PM

Because poor people want your money and you are naive enough to think rich people aren't greedy cunts.

Everyone wants money, both rich and the poor, and its never enough.
Make a poor man rich, and its most likely , he'll also want more.
The more u have, the more u crave for it.
sellbuybtc

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:59:45 PM

Because they hate themselves. And I also don't mean all poor people. I mean the poor people who hate the rich. The ones that actually hate rich people are the ones who are too lazy to get out there and do something for themselves. They don't want to go to school, they don't want good education, they don't want to work hard. I don't know what they are expecting. I'm sorry but it takes SOMETHING to have a good life. It doesn't come free. I'm not rich. I'm too young to be rich anyway, but I hope to work really hard (just done with school) and make money someday. I just feel bad for people who are too lazy to do that.
zorke

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:32:31 AM

Going all the way back to Smith in 1776 a "vibrant" middle class is required for any capitalist system to work. That is a large part of what makes capitalism unique, and why it is generally considered to be the most just economic system. For it to work the majority of your money has to be out there in the economy among the middle and lower classes circulating. If you end up in the situation where we are, with the vast majority of the money concentrated in the hands of a few, the system breaks down.

Look at the recent economic crisis. The entire crisis was essentially a recognition that pricing discovery had broken down completely. At the end of the day any free market system at its basest level is nothing BUT a price discovery mechanism. If price discovery has broken down your entire economy is essentially a farce...it is not doing its primary job.

In this case the break down was essentially caused by investment level hyperinflation. Econ 101...too much money chasing too few goods leads to inflation. The same thing happens with investments as happens with a loaf of bread at the corner supermarket. If you end up with too much capital in your top 20%, where that money tends to be put into investments instead of spent against goods and services, you end up in a situation where the real economy stagnates due to lack of wealth while investments get expensive because there is so much capital chasing so few investment opportunities.

In the past this has been self correcting to some degree because of the limited investment opportunities. Today we have the technology to create and track a multi trillion dollar derivatives market which allows us to artificially leverage the relatively few investment opportunities out there that are actually backed by hard assets.

It will eventually end up "correcting" anyway, the odds of our economy surviving it are just FAR worse than they have been in the past.
I want to note that I'm not even sure why you arguing for a "Robin Hood" type tax system. The argument against taxing the rich always boils down to "we shouldn't tax the rich to give to the poor". Well I don't want to speak for you but I bet he generally agrees. Most people agree some sort of welfare is always needed to hope those who would never be able to help themselves (such as the mentally handicapped) or those who are down on their luck; as an example.
Hell not I am not arguing for a robin hood type system. I have no desire to tax the rich and give it to the poor. I want to tax the rich and PAY OUR BILLS WITH IT.

We can make a logical argument for it (the wealthy are the only ones who can AFFORD to pay) or we can make a moralistic argument (they hold 90% of the wealth, derived 90% of the benefit, they should pay 90% of the bill) or we can just shrug and say "sometimes you just get screwed". I don't really care. I don't want my children to have to grow up in a third world country, and that is where America is headed if we don't do something about our fiscal problems.

This is why economic stupidity annoys me so much right now. We have serious, serious problems and by all accounts we have a very limited window in which to fix them. This is SERIOUS with nothing less than the very survival of our nation at stake. This is bar none the biggest clear and present danger that the US has ever faced.
The fast majority of the federal expenditures are either transfer payments to the lazy or otherwise benefit the poor. Very little of what the government spends it's money on is spent on things that benefit the rich/successful.

Granted a good portion of the federal budget does go to national defense, however this benefits everyone, but also makes it less necessary to institute a draft because we can invest in technology that allows us to have a smaller army (people with more wealth are generally exempt from the draft due to they usually fall into categories like them getting an education that prevent them from needing to serve).

Your point of view is interesting but the money that goes to the national defense is mostly wasted, heat up everyone against us and buy guns that will fall in our enemies hands
I would disagree with this. Most of the money from national defense goes to long term defense systems like R/D for new fighter jets or missile defense systems (to prevent a nuclear attack against the US/NATO).
marney111

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:45:35 AM

Try not to talk with bias people. If you know you are not accepted in the society then move on. Their opinion doesnt really matter.
Stockhome

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:55:12 PM

Because its how the world moves.
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:55:34 AM

It's simple
Because rich have a lot of money that can help government & other people who work for him/her
And people hate the poor, because they can't help anyone & make other people help him
People loves people who help him/her

But not every people hate the poor  Smiley

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:33:34 PM

Because poor people want your money and you are naive enough to think rich people aren't greedy cunts.

There are a lot of philanthropic guys out there.
While they still would be earning tons of money, they have started distributing their wealth.  Smiley
POM

Activity: 547
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:14:35 AM

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:11:44 PM

Yeah, so how does that refute his argument anyway. Poor people think they are going to get money by being nice to rich people. Poor people hate each other because they are competing to do favors for rich people. It's a sad reality we live in.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:59:26 PM

Yeah, so how does that refute his argument anyway. Poor people think they are going to get money by being nice to rich people. Poor people hate each other because they are competing to do favors for rich people. It's a sad reality we live in.

Poor people don't work, work for poor people or middle class, not for the rich

Rich are taking care of by millionaires that will then have middle class working for them and the Rich make their money selling services or products to the government or the poor with the help of the government
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:10:22 AM

Rich are taking care of by millionaires that will then have middle class working for them and the Rich make their money selling services or products to the government or the poor with the help of the government

Poor people don't work? Poor people have no choice but to work...

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:52:11 PM

I didn't say all poor people don't work I said : "Poor people don't work, work for poor people or middle class, not for the rich"

In The States and in Europe, you can easily not work without being rich : "The civilian labor force participation rate, at 62.7 percent, changed little in September. The employment-population ratio was 59.0 percent for the fourth
consecutive month."
Almost half the population doesn't work and among those who work a lot work part-time
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:08:13 AM

created human purpose on earth is to be complementary to one another, every human being must have advantages and disadvantages, there are rich and some are poor, all to complement each other, it could be any rich people needed to help the poor, and the presence of the needed to pray for the rich, I hope it can last as long and lasting ...  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:58:47 AM

Many times the poor choose not to work but instead rely on welfare from the government
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:40:48 AM

Many times the poor choose not to work but instead rely on welfare from the government

May be possible in the developed world.
In most countries, social benefits are non-existent/insufficient and the poor have to work.
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:54:08 AM

not happening in my country, most of the poor work from day to night while the rich " Gov. officials" rely on the peoples money to build their own private island, hotels, resort, and etc. the poor gets poorer while the rich gets richer
dadugan

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:57:29 AM

not happening in my country, most of the poor work from day to night while the rich " Gov. officials" rely on the peoples money to build their own private island, hotels, resort, and etc. the poor gets poorer while the rich gets richer

That only happen because the population let them get away with it. Can always vote the incumbent out if the population is not happy.
btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:31:41 AM

Gotta say I agree with OP. Flat tax is the only fair way. I thought we wanted a free market economy but yet will punish the hell out of the achievers. I am not rich but I do well and I hate what I have to pay now. Its no wonder why companies have to move companies out of the country and also choose not to live in the US as their "primary" residence.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
BJay87

Activity: 126

*Bitcoin Betting*

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:44:28 PM

created human purpose on earth is to be complementary to one another, every human being must have advantages and disadvantages, there are rich and some are poor, all to complement each other, it could be any rich people needed to help the poor, and the presence of the needed to pray for the rich, I hope it can last as long and lasting ...  Roll Eyes

All we need is love.. Love is all we need.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:56:36 AM

Gotta say I agree with OP. Flat tax is the only fair way. I thought we wanted a free market economy but yet will punish the hell out of the achievers. I am not rich but I do well and I hate what I have to pay now. Its no wonder why companies have to move companies out of the country and also choose not to live in the US as their "primary" residence.

I doubt if there is any country which imposes a flat tax rate.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: